We are going to learn all about “ELM Agent.” Here in this article, we will fix the issues related to it also ,the core part is How to remove an ELM Agent App? Before going into deep we want to explain all about Agent App and their purposes.
Table of Content
- 1 What is an Agent App?
- 2 What is Agent App used for?
- 2.1 To enable high-quality, high-performance, and cost-effective android apps –
- 2.2 Effective and cost-effective use of low-bandwidth, high-latency, and error-prone telecommunication networks –
- 2.3 Allows for the usage of low-cost, portable personal data networks –
- 2.4 On public internet, they provide secure Intranet-style connections –
- 3 What is ELM Agent?
- 4 How to remove an ELM Agent App?
- 5 ELM vs Non-ELM Agent:
- 6 Conclusion:
What is an Agent App?
Agent app is an Android software that attempts to make your phone smarter by using all of our device’s sensors to identify what you’re doing and automatically adjust your settings. An agent is a type of offshoot of some other Egomotion product named “Trigger” (or “NFC Task Launcher,” as it was formerly known). Egomotion sells bundles of programmable NFC tags called Trigger that can trigger actions on the smartphone. The app now has five distinct built-in agents:
Sleep Agent –
Though with a sophisticated white-listing algorithm, it immediately mutes our smartphone between certain hours. We may choose which contacts can wake you up and whether or not you want repetitive calls to ring through. It may auto-reply to SMS, instructing the user to respond “urgent” if the situation is urgent. You can instruct this agent to start only if your phone is plugged in. That way, your phone is unlikely to be silenced.
Meeting Agent –
Battery Agent –
When the phone’s battery begins to die, the battery agent turns in to give it a little more life. You may set it to shade your screen instantly, disable automatic data syncing, and disable Bluetooth. It’ll simply switch everything again on and when you’re connected in.
Drive Agent –
While you’re in your car, it uses Bluetooth to detect you. It can instantly silence your device, read out loud your messages, and react to received messages to let people understand you’re traveling.
Parking Agent –
It makes an attempt to memorize where you parked your car intelligently. It detects your speed by standard, and if you stop running over a particular speed for even more than just a few minutes, it assumes you’ve parked your car and notes the place correspondingly.
What is Agent App used for?
To enable high-quality, high-performance, and cost-effective android apps –
Mobile Agent-based applications use the web invisibly to complete tasks, reaping the benefits of resources available on the numerous machines in the network. They process information at the data source instead of just acquiring it from a remote location, which allows for improved performance. They make advantage of the broad range of products accessible at each network node, such as user interfaces and daemons.
Effective and cost-effective use of low-bandwidth, high-latency, and error-prone telecommunication networks –
To transport agents across networks, the agent service uses a store and forward technique. This is ideally suited to the troublesome character of many communication routes, particularly in the mobile space. Queuing and permanent checkpoints improve this even more, allowing agents to use such channels with no loss of dependability or response time. The network has little effect on the agent as it operates as this agent data planning takes place remotely to the originator.
Allows for the usage of low-cost, portable personal data networks –
A lightweight server supervises the mobility of agents in the network and provides network support, including authentication. When combined with the advanced, self-contained programming approach provided by agents, this allows for a tiny impact on user devices without compromising application security.
On public internet, they provide secure Intranet-style connections –
The Mobile Agent framework is built on security, allowing for safe communication even over public internet. User credentials are carried by agents on their travels, and these identities are validated at every point in the system during implementation. As agents and their data travel throughout the network, they are cryptographically secure. All of this happens without the assistance of a coder.
What is ELM Agent?
ELM stands for Emulated Legacy Mount. The ELM Agent is also called as Bloatware. This is a third-party programme that connects to the ELM servers and integrates data. The app is available on the majority of Android devices. Only if your smartphone is rooted can you securely uninstall it. Install Titanium Backup and then uninstall the package when the phone has been rooted. If you still wish to retain the package in a disabled state on your phone, you can freeze it. Bloatware is the name given to the Elm Agent. This refers to all of the pre-installed apps on the handset. The Elm Agent is most commonly used mostly for corporation services, such as file exchange on a business network, for example.
It tracks data from several sources such as email, GPS, messaging apps, phone calls, and voicemails to protect your business email and personally identifiable information. This app is mostly used on a work phone and by businesses who have work phones with Microsoft credentials for their workforce. Because work phones are typically used for certain work-related problems, these businesses should guarantee that they are not being misused. This app ensures that the firm’s most sensitive data and privacy are protected on a work phone.
What is the use of an ELM Agent?
The first and foremost priority of an ELM Agent is for the security purpose. It helps the customer to protect their information. It collects personal information from calls, emails or voice messages. Therefore, this type of Android devices is not used for personal matters. Apart from the security purpose, it provides privacy for the workers. Hence, it is used mainly in the business areas more than the personal uses.
Is ELM Agent a spyware?
Elm Agent is an activity tracking app, not a spyware programmes, that enables customers keep track of almost everything your phone was used for. It can record information such as email addresses, passwords, and online pages users visit on ELM servers. This data will never be shared with a third party without the permission.
How to remove an ELM Agent App?
This ELM Agent App can be either be disabled with the help of third-party application or without it.
Technique 1: Use the Settings to Remove the ELM Agent
- Step1 – Move to the settings section on your Android device, from the Applications menu.
- Step 2 – From the options available, navigate down and open Applications. This application varies depending on the version of the phone that you are using.
- Step 3 – Search for “ELM Agent”. Again, the name varies depending on the model of the device. Tap on it to open.
- Step 4 – At the bottom, you will look a force stop or disable button. Simply, select on Disable.
In this way, the ELM Agent App will be disabled.
Technique 2: Using the Titanium Backup App to disable ELM Agent
- Step1 – Open Google Play Store on your Android device and browse for the Titanium Backup app.
- Step2 – Click on the app and select install to download it.
- Step3 – Search for the application on the Android device that is just installed on the smartphones and open it.
- Step4 – After it is initialized, click on the Backup / Restore option present at the top.
- Step5 – Here, the Titanium App shows the list of all the apps which is present on your Android device. It includes the system apps. Click on the “Click to edit filters” at the top left of the windowpane so as it becomes easy to point out the Agent app easily.
- Step 6 – Select the app, say, ELM Agent App here. A pop-up notification will appear. Choose the freeze option to disable the app.
With the help of this app, ELM Agent App will stay in the phone’s memory but it will not be accessible to the user and the other applications which rely on it.
The above discussed two techniques will disable the app but will not remove it completely.
Technique 3: Use Settings to remove the ELM Agent App:
- Move to the “Settings” section of your Android device.
- Scroll down and navigate to the “Lock Screen and Security” option under the Settings section. This name changes depending on the Android being used.
- Click on “Device Administrator” from the options present. If this option is not present directly, then search under Security menu options.
- Uncheck the box which contains the name of the app that needs to be removed and exit the settings menu.
- Finally, uninstall the app.
- After all the above steps are executed, a notification will appear asking either for cancellation or deactivation of the app. Click on the deactivate app and then uninstall it together with all the associated apps.
- This will remove the ELM Agent App from your Android device.
ELM vs Non-ELM Agent:
Samsung device agents that were not ELM were no longer supported in MobiControl v12/v11 or earlier. Most Samsung phones/tablets running Android 2/3/4.x are likely to be supported by such agencies. Only the Samsung ELM device agent is expected to support more modern Samsung smartphone running Android 5+. After device enrolment, ELM device agents must access the Samsung ELM server to see if any premium MDM features that need a paid licence can be accessed. The advantage of utilising a non-ELM device agent is that such a check is not necessary.
ELM Agent: For Samsung devices, the MobiControl ELM (enterprise licencing management) agent asks the activation of an ELM licence. Our agent can administer additional guidelines that were generated and made available in the form of Samsung’s ELM standardised MDM policy list after the gadget user authorizes the permission. On smartphones running Android 4.2.2 or later, the Samsung ELM agent is compatible.
Non-ELM Agent: By utilizing the same signatory as Samsung’s own system programmes, the MobiControl non-ELM agent can benefit from Samsung’s advanced MDM settings.
The ELM (Emulated Legacy Mount) Agent is an Android software that collects and sends data to the ELM server, giving you complete control over your privacy. This app ensures that the firm’s most sensitive data and privacy are protected on a work phone. The ELM Agent app can indeed be uninstalled without rooting your smartphone; however, it is safer to do so if your device is rooted. After rooting the phone, look for and install the Titanium Backup app, then uninstall or freeze it if you want to keep it deactivated.