Chrome OS is missing or damaged
There are a number of different ways to fix the predicted startup error, which might not be any failure to Chromebook clients further troubling than “Chrome OS is missing or damaged”.
Chrome OS is a Google-advertised operating system. The manufacturers have developed this operating system. Chrome OS computers are referred to as Chromebooks.
Unlike Windows OS and Mac OS, some system problems, unlike Chrome OS, are missing or broken. You can encounter these system problems. When this fault happens, an error response like: missing or damaged Chrome OS is sent to you.
On one of the 4 slots in the BACK of the unit please attach the recovery USB handle.
Maybe no error message is scarier for Chromebook clients than ‘Chrome OS is missing or corrupt.’ Luckily, this feared initial error can be overcome in several different ways.
Don’t Miss: Second Step of Chrome OS: New era of OS
Possible Cause:”Chrome OS Is missing or hurt”
When your computer has trouble accessing the operating system the “Chrome OS is lacking or disabled” error occurs. The issue typically occurs during initialization, but could also arise spontaneously when your device is being used. Based on the model of the computer, the error display looked slightly different but the possible alternatives for all Chromebooks were the same.
How to fix the error on Chromebooks “Chrome OS Is Missing or hurt”
- Take these moves to successfully boot your Chromebook: Turn your Chromebook off and on. Unlock the power switch, hold a few seconds, until the system gets off. Then press the power switch again.
- Open the factory settings on your Chromebook. Unless you can sign on your Chromebook, you can powerwash Chrome OS to restore your machine to its original state.
- When the “Chrome OS is absent or broken” message is already trapped on your computer, so the only choice is a Fresh version of the operating system.
How to fix “Chrome OS is missing or damaged”
In comparison to Windows, Chrome OS is relatively lightweight and sassy, but often it has some odd mistakes. Chrome’s error is similar to the Blue Screen Death (BSOD) problem on the Windows system. “Chrome is missing or disabled” is identical. There’s no simple way to get back and you’re prone to losing your local data if you face this dilemma in your Chromebook. However, in this article, we will clarify in depth the recovery measures to get your Chromebook back into existence. So, let us continue and learn how to correct “Chrome is missing or broken” error without delay.
Follow The Steps To Fix: “Chrome OS is missing or damaged”
- To access the Chrome rescue Window press Ctrl + D Shortcut, if you are trapped in the “Chrome OS’s missing or broken” tab. Following this, click the “In” key to reboot your Chromebook, and afterward follow on-screen directions. Keep in mind that your computer, along with local storage, is wiped out completely. But your Chromebook will return to working faultlessly after the reset process.
- Indeed, you have to build a recovery medium to use another machine if the Ctrl + D keyboard shortcut doesn’t work. You can build a recovery media by any device, whether Windows, macOS, or Chrome OS. Only launch this Chromebook retrieval program with your Chrome browser.
- First, mount a hard drive on the machine where the recovery service has been mounted. Activate the program now and press “Get Started.”
- You must pick the Chromebook model here just to install your device’s Chrome OS image. Click the “Start” button afterward.
- With the next display, pick the portable unit you have mounted (thumb drive or SD card) and press the “Continue” key. Eventually, it downloads the picture and instantiates the recovery files.
- Once done, mount your damaged Chromebook on the “Chrome OS is missing or damaged” display, with a portable hard drive or sd card. It detects the recovery content instantly, and from there you can take on-screen guidance to get your Chromebook back. In end, the error “Chrome OS is missing or damaged” is gone. Bear in mind that during this cycle the local storage is absolutely washed away.
>>>>You can Read the support team article on How To Recover your Chromebook: Click Here<<<<
Reinstall Chrome OS
You need a new Chrome OS, Mac OS, or Windows operating machine, as well as a compatible USB flash drive or SD Card with a minimum size of 4 GB to reinstall the Chrome OS operating system.
- Through clicking Add to Chromium in the Chrome Web Store, you’ve used Google Chrome on a work machine and installed the Chrome Recovery Tool.
- Launch the software, enter your Chromebook serial number then follow the directions on the display to install Chrome OS to the external devices. Remove the USB disk or SD card once finished.
- To require modifications to your USB drive or SD card for your OS, choose Yes or Disable.
- Keep Esc + Refresh on the keyboard and then press the power button for a restart in recovery mode with your Chromebook enabled.
- Link to either the SD or USB drive supporting Chrome OS on the “Chrome OS is missing or incomplete” page. You are then taken to the update process of the operating system.
Your Chromebook will work like you first bought it until it is complete. You may have a hardware issue and will contact Google and the manufacturer of your computer for more assistance if the issue is still not solved.
Read More: Chrome bookmarks location
It’s missing or broken to return your Chromebook to factory settings. Only when you can log into your Chromebook is this approach useful. The tool can be electrically cleaned.
This approach, therefore, allows you to delete all your system data. Users will have to backup the details beforehand on Google Drive.
User should take these moves to power wash a Chromebook:
- Users need to press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+R to continue when you access the Chrome OS login screen and before authenticating.
- Press Restart when you see Reset this Chrome device When you see the login screen again, you’ll see a new version. Click on the Powerwash button to continue.
- Tap the Continue button.
- Sign in with your Google account and then follow the on-screen prompts to finish the job.
Thus you can repair missing or damaged errors on Chrome OS. Well, mainly due to machine file input/output failures and corruption when you’re wondering what caused Chrome OS missing or damaged error. The dishonest part is you prob won’t get those data back until it happens. It is also recommended to always synchronize your local Google Drive files and directories. That’s all of us, though. You may comment below and let us know if the article was helpful.
If You Like the article then also check the following: