Using the internet on your smart TV is so much fun. Sometimes we do not know how to connect the internet to television? In this article, we will talk about how someone can use the internet on their smart TV.
Why do we need the internet on our TV?
If I tell someone that I am using the internet on my tv he will ask only one question from me,” why am I using the internet on my TV if I already have a PC and a smartphone. So why do we need the internet on tv because using the internet on a big screen gives us a better experience than a small screen? Yes, we can easily use the internet on our pc and smartphone but they have one issue: they have a small screen.
So if you want to see any movie or web series from any streaming service like Netflix or Amazon prime you will face difficulty while watching it because of the small screen and also you can’t watch it with all family members. Now if you want to see any movie or web series with your whole family you need a big screen and the only simple source to find the big screen is our TV. But we can’t wait for any TV channel to telecast our movie. It will take a lot of time even months and also TV channels don’t show the streaming service movies and web series on their channel. So how do we watch it and the solution to that is our internet in our TV.
What is Smart TV?
In today’s world, there is a new type of TV called the Smart TV. They are just like our smartphones but with big screens. You can use the smart TV just like you use your smartphone. Also, you can use any streaming service app like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney + there. You can use Wi-Fi, hotspot, Google cast, Google Assistant voice control, and search, Games, Google play store, YouTube, Spotify, Plex, Peloton, etc. There are a lot of benefits to a smart TV. You can cast your game from your smartphone or pc and watch it on your TV. If you want to there also have been USB slots. You can use your memory card or Pen drive to watch movies or play songs/videos. Like a smartphone Smart TV also has its RAM and ROM/storage capacity.
Connect internet to television
Now if you want to use the internet on your Smart TV first,
- Go to the menu using the TV remote.
- Open the General option and there you will see an option of Network, select this option.
- Now select the option of Open Network Settings.
- There you will see the wireless option, open that and click on the Wi-Fi network.
- Now select the Wi-Fi network and connect it with it. If it asks for the password of that Wi-Fi network enter it and click on connect.
- Now your Smart TV is connected to the internet.
If you want to connect the internet to a television using an Ethernet cable follow this method:
- First, open the LAN port of your smart TV and connect the Ethernet cable with it.
- Now tap the home button of your TV remote. Open settings and go to the General option and there you will see an option of Network, select this option.
- Select the option of Open Network Settings as we did above.
- Now select the network type as Wired and click on ok. Now your Smart TV is connected to the internet.
Using the internet on a big screen looks so awesome. Some years ago, we couldn’t imagine that we could use the internet on our TV but today it is possible. Today we discussed how someone can use the internet on their smart TV. Hopefully, this article increases your knowledge.
Q1. Can I use my Mobile subscription for streaming service on my Smart TV?
Solution: Mobile subscription plan doesn’t work on Smart TV or pc. You have to buy a plan in which you can use your account on Smart tv or pc too.
Q2. I don’t have a smart TV; how can I use the internet on my normal TV?
Solution: There are a lot of methods to use the internet on normal TV. The best one is to purchase any smart media player and plug it in the HDMI port of your TV and use the internet on your normal TV.
Q3. Can I use Wi-Fi Dongle on TV?
Solution: Yes, you can easily use a Wi-Fi dongle on your TV. Wi-Fi dongles don’t need any software installation to use, you just plug it and use it.
Q4. How can I connect my Android phone to Smart TV?
NOTE: Chromecast only works with selected Chromecast enabled apps: