Is it necessary to change your cable for 4k devices? Are you also facing problems while connecting to your new 4k devices? Most of us buy new TVs, laptops and computer monitors but didn’t know how to connect with them and what cable we should use. You will get the necessary information regarding the 4K HDMI cable in this content.
High definition multimedia interface (HDMI) is a cable required to transfer your audio data, video data from a device like a display controller.
- It transfers the data from the display controller to the synonymous computer monitors, TVs, digital audio devices, or projector.
- Since the time 2002, when this cable was introduced to the advanced technology world, it’s kept on improving the precepts.
4k devices are an advanced version of the existing ones. So, Do we need to change our HDMI cable with a current 4k device?
Maybe yes or probably no !! Let’s find out the consequence of 4k HDMI cable.
- Cables look like a pipe with an ending point, having a rectangular port to the plugin.
- Just take an example if we have a box and then put extra material than required so it will not be able to handle and the box will not close appropriately.
- Thus, we came to know from the above example that if we have an older version of HDMI cable, it will work. But the look, clarity of images provided by 4k HDMI cable will not be provided by existing ones.
- It makes a difference in the color and resolution of the content.
- Nowadays, HDMI 2.0 is one of the best cables used for a 4k monitor, TV, or laptops.
Don’t Miss: HDMI to RCA
Working principle of 4k HDMI cable
The above diagram shows the circuit connection between the micro usb and the 4k HDMI cable. The pin configuration can be seen in the table:
Pin Configuration of 4k HDMI Cable
|Pin 1||TMDS(Transition-Minimized Differential Signaling) Data2+|
|Pin 2||TMDS Data2 Shield|
|Pin 3||TMDS Data2−|
|Pin 4||TMDS Data1+|
|Pin 5||TMDS Data1 Shield|
|Pin 6||TMDS Data1−|
|Pin 7||TMDS Data0+|
|Pin 8||TMDS Data0 Shield|
|Pin 9||TMDS Data0−|
|Pin 10||TMDS Clock+|
|Pin 11||TMDS Clock Shield|
|Pin 12||TMDS Clock−|
|Pin 13||Consumer Electronics Control|
|Pin 15||SCL (I²C serial clock for Display Data Channel)|
|Pin 16||SDA (I²C serial data for Display Data Channel)|
|Pin 17||Ground (for DDC, CEC, ARC, and HEC)|
|Pin 18||+5 V min. with 0.055 Amp|
|Pin 19||Hot Plug Detect|
HDMI has three physically unique communication channels, which are the Display Data Channel, Transition-Minimized Differential Signaling, and the optional Consumer Electronics Control. A 4K HDMI cable is made of four shielded twisted pairs wires. The digital data are transferred and received trough the pins( as mentioned in their configuration).
- A 4k HDMI cable is utilized for 4k devices, and it carries 4k high definition signals.
- It supports numerous channels required by the 4k system.
- The main purpose of using this HDMI cable is to minimize wielding different cables to support audios, videos etc.
- This cable ensures that every process required by the device is accomplished.
- It is capable of handling a lot of bandwidth.
Different types of 4k HDMI cable available in the market are as follows:
Bugubird HDMI cable
|Dimensions||7.88 x 5.91 x 0.99 inches|
|HDMI Ethernet channel||Available|
|Date First Available||August 11, 2015|
- These cables are highly advanced and agreeable with HDTV technologies.
- Easy installation is there with the use of HDMI cable due to its compatibility.
- There is an ARC inbuilt cable which stands for the audio return channel.
- ARC enables the audio to transmit with the help of an inbuilt tuner.
- It has a transfer rate available that is up to 18 Gbps.
- The refresh rate is convenient up to 340 MHz.
- It gives you a lifetime warranty.
- This HDMI cable can be used to support various systems such as 4K, 3D, 1440P, 1080P, 1080i, and 480i Resolutions.
- It is used to connect devices having HDMI ports such as cable box, PS3, PS4, computers, displays, A/V receivers.
Toptrend HDMI cable
|Length||3ft to 35ft|
|Connectors||A Male to A Male|
- It is made by SPC (silver plated copper).
- It transmits signals at the speed of 27 Gbps.
- Materials used for making this HDMI cable are the silver-plated copper conductor, anodized aluminum house plugs, the triple shielding layer, CL3 jackets, etc.
- The video aspect ratio of the cable is about 21:9 that is wide-angle theatrical.
- It provides you with dual video streaming on the same screen, which is available for multiple users.
- The highest audio maintained by this cable is up to 150KHz regularity.
- CL3 jackets that are used in the production of the cable allow you installation behind the wall.
- The wires that are silver plated in the cable prevent the cable from corrosion which results in the secure transmission of signals.
- The cable is compatible with various devices such as HDTV, Blue-Rays Players, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Receivers, Laptops，Projectors, Computers, HDMI Splitters, HDMI switches, etc.
- Oxygen-free copper is basically used in the production that is of high purity.
Toptrend is available with different series such as gold, platinum series and HDMI 2.1 cables.
Click here to access it:
iVANKY 4k HDMI cable
|Dimension||78.70 x 0.67 x 0.40 inches|
|Connectors||Male to Male|
|Length||Available in 15ft, 10ft and 25ft|
- It is made up of an aluminum shell.
- There is a gold plated and tin plate metal shielding over the cable.
- Accessible corrosion connectors in the cable will give you a better signal transmission, minimize signal loss, and prevent the cable body from external signal interference due to obstruction.
- Devices that are compatible with the 4k HDMI cable are NVIDIA SHIELD TV, Apple TV 4K, or laptops, etc.
- This cable ensures you the best flexibility.
- It provides you 18 months guarantee, and for a registered person it is 54 months time period.
- Ivanky works immediately when it is connected to HDMI ports.
- It can transfer data within the time limit with the speed of 18 Gbps.
- Initiate your device to perform with better sound and picture quality.
BlueRigger HDMI Cable
|Dimensions||6.8 x 6.8 x 1.5 inches|
|Date first available||July 28, 2010|
- This cable provides you with a better quality of video resolution I .e.four times the 1080p.
- It has a bandwidth of 18 Gbps.
- This cable is made up of nylon which prevents it from getting damaged.
- It has a better flexibility rate.
- BlueRigger supports the devices with refresh rates up to 240 Hz.
- It gives you immense pleasure as it supports up to 32 audio channels.
- This cable is compatible with the devices such as HDTVs, Blu-ray players, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, and other HDMI devices.
- A limited warranty is provided to all the consumers of this brand cable.
|Dimensions||7.68 x 5.51 x 1.4 inches|
|Date First Available||November 15, 2015|
|Length||6 feet (1.8metres)|
|Connectors||Male to Male|
- It connects with speed and performs faster.
- It provides you with a clear and crisp connection.
- This cable is suitable for those consumers who perform in multiple devices.
- Materials used to make these cables are triple shielding, and gold plated metal jacket which prevents you from the interference of external things.
- These elements used increases the performance of the cable.
- It gives you an internet connection with the help of sharing aspects functional in the cable.
- Gives you an Amazon basics lifetime warranty.
- It supports various 4k devices and makes the integrity authentic.
Difference between normal cable and 4k HDMI cable
Comparison of regular cable and 4k HDMI cable is shown below in the table
|Normal cable||HDMI cable|
|It takes time while loading the content and works slowly.||It is faster and takes seconds to display content and works promptly.|
|Normal will work but the quality produced after using it in higher resolution gadgets is not that much high.||Hdmi gives you better audio and video quality in every resolution from 1080p to 4k.|
|Used to charge cell phones, cameras, laptops.||It is used to transmit video and audio signals simultaneously.|
|It can only work to transfer some things and require different tables for a different objective.||Within a single cable, it can do lots of functions such as transmitting video signals and CEC signals.|
|These cables are analog.||HDMI cables are digital.|
|More vulnerable to noise.||These cables are less vulnerable to noise.|
In this article, we have managed to gain good knowledge about 4K HDMI cable. Different types of 4k HDMI cable are described above with their specifications and functions. Now, one can quickly know about different cables available and which type of cable is suitable for which device can be easily specified.
We have described the difference between a standard cable and HDMI cable so that one can know the distinction. We should use HDMI cables as presently every device consists of an HDMI port and avails many features to the buyer. One question for you How we can convert Android to HDMI?