Imagine a world without music? I won’t say stuff like, “The world would be a quiet & peaceful place” or something like “How we would finally learn to interact with people,” if I forgot the Android Playlist Location. But I am definitely sure, that would be my last day on earth.
Music has been great therapy and a method of relaxation for many. As a matter of fact, studies show that listening to music helps us in regulating our emotions, and improves our mood as well. For most people, including me, music helps reduce stress. The ‘relaxing’ music has actually shown that it reduces anxiety and stress. Above all, I feel music also helps us in enhancing our communications, and while feeling lonely or scared, it provides us with comfort. I can go on and on about the benefits but I am just afraid you might close the tab while I do so.
Looking at the title you must be wondering, “Why do I need to know the location of my playlist?”. In today’s world, everyone prefers Spotify or YouTube music. But, there are rare breeds like us out there who still prefer to download their songs manually. And store them in a folder on our phone. No membership required, no ads, nothing. Nada! I like to call ourselves the “classics”! But if you are into this, then you will find this article to be very helpful.
So let’s dive right in!
What is Android Playlist Location?
Don’t worry. This ain’t rocket science. Every application, every file, everything in our phone is stored somewhere. Not to state the obvious and make you all look dumb. But, if you really need to know what I am talking about. Then you know which one you are!
Getting back to the topic. Just like all these files, even our playlist has a location on our android phone where they decide to store all of this. Now I will be explaining exactly where these playlists are stored on our phones
Now to the next big question…
Why only Android?
There are two kinds of phone users in this world. A. Android users and B. iOS users. Now the brawl between these two operating systems is like a roller coaster ride. Sometimes, it gets better and insanely fun. But sometimes it feels like this is way too boring. Sometimes, people just scream their lungs out before anything can even happen. It’s funny how these two examples are so relatable. I mean all these references fit in so well.
The rivalry goes all the way back to medieval times. Dramatic enough? Well, these two have gone toe-to-toe for as long as I can remember. It’s either software, hardware, or some technical stuff that will go over our heads. But the biggest advantage that Android has over iOS is its ability to do more. Android is basically for those who can explore more and optimize a phone to its fullest. It also has many settings that make using Android phones more efficient.
Things like being able to access the setting from the notification panel. Being able to use various other launchers and not just being stuck with one. Yeah, that could be boring. And finally being able to find the location of a file. Not sure if that’s possible on iPhone. Not like it’s impossible but it’s definitely not as easy as an android. Why? Because in android we have an in-built file manager. That helps the users to easily locate any desired applications, PDFs, photos, word documents, etc. These file managers show the users the path of the application and where the application’s files are extracted. Too much information for any ordinary person. But you can access it if you want to.
Hence, this article has specified more on Android than any other OS.
How to find android playlist location
Finally, time to get to the cherry on the cake. Playlists are mainly held in the media database of Android. And the way to locate this is
/data/data/com.android.providers.media/databases //Android Playlist Location
Now, this may vary depending on your phone. The outcome can be different if your Android device is rooted or not. In case your phone is rooted then you will not see any files or folders in this place.
You can even choose to place any of the playlists by making a “Playlist” folder. It is better to name it that way because when we search, it will be easier to locate it. However, it is not a compulsion which means that you can name the folder accordingly. The Android Media will easily pick them up while they are scanning and can also automatically import them into the android database.
The most suitable format of playlists is the “.m3u” extension.
Music has extraordinary powers. It has the ability to make random strangers come closer and freeze time for them. This is mainly because one of the most ideal senses of humans is the sense of sound. And forgetting the Android Playlist Location will cause a huge time loss.
Because when listening to a certain song, we try to relate to it in some way or the other. No one really knows where or how this happens. But many studies have shown and proved that our emotions change to certain chords and harmonies.
Music is something that is hard to explain but also an incredible feeling. A feeling that we all want. A feeling we want to last forever. Music could be language. So, god-forbid, if some mishappening “happens”, and you can’t find your playlist. Then it is better to solve the problem from its roots. Which is to find the location of the playlist. That is if you do end up searching for the location. But it is impossible to find it anywhere on the device. Then it means that the issue is with the phone and you need to get it service.
It is also better to store the location of the playlist on an SD card. Because it is much safer there and also easier to access. Another plus point, which Android has! Keeping the files on an SD card helps you in keeping the folders organized and clean. Although, in the end, the choice is still yours.
How to Restore a Missing Playlist on Android?
There could be many ways and reasons for the problem to occur. However, there is also an easy solution to get rid of it as well.
- Open the file manager on your device and search for a “Music” folder or any trace of playlist files, i.e, .m3u extension.
Due to some technical issues, the Music folder may not be at the root place as it used to be. But could be in our app directory, which is:
- Every often, due to incomplete sync of the playlist or some other issues, the playlist may not appear in the Playlist section. So make sure to sync it properly.
- If you have placed the playlists in the Music folder, then it is better to go to the doubleTwist Settings and then scroll to the bottom of the page. Then select the “Reset doubleTwist” option.
- You can also choose to reset the database. This will remove any changes to the rating or to the play counts that were made. However, the benefit to this is that it will not affect or cause harm to any of the music files. Finally, click on the “Reset” option.
- It is better to wait for a minimum of five minutes, as during this time the database rebuild before trying to use the doubleTwist Music Player. This is if you possess tons of media on your phone or your device is very slow.
Also, the “Reset doubleTwist” option cannot be used until and unless the database finishes its work.
Voila! Problem solved.
How do I transfer Playlist to my Android Device?
It could get frustrating to keep downloading songs from your android device. But it definitely is easier to download music on your PC or laptop. So all we need to do is, transfer that playlist from your PC to the Android phone. And again, pray to god you use an Android device. As it can be done with ease!
- First, make sure to connect the phone to the PC. With the help of a USB cable. When connected an AutoPlay box will appear on the Windows screen. This will prompt you to choose how best to mount your phone into the Windows storage system.
Make sure that your device is connected to a media player or maybe even uses an MTP.
- Now, on the PC select Windows Media Player or any media player of your choice. This should be selected from the AutoPlay dialog box. In any case, if this box does not occur then directly start the Windows Media Player program.
- Once the Windows Media Player is open, on the top right corner there will a “Sync” option.
- When you click on the “Sync” option, your phone should appear. Click on that.
- Now select the music or playlist you intend to transfer. Once selected, drag them to the Sync list. This will transfer either or an individual song or a whole album, respectively. Depending on what you select.
- Start the Sync button and the transfer process will begin.
Easy as a pie!
How to Export a Playlist on Android?
This is usually a simple task. Sometimes so simple that the in-built music app has an option itself to export. But, regardless all android phones can use the methods stated below:
- First, download Google Play Music. Once downloaded, this will automatically sync all the music available on your android device.
- Open Google Play Music, and then go to Library.
- Once you reach that section you will find the playlist category.
- Select the desired playlist to be exported.
- Long press it and on the top right, you will see an export option.
- Click at that and the music will be exported.
How do I send a Playlist?
Regardless of where or which platform your playlist is on. If you make it public or unlisted, you can share it with anyone. All you need to do is tap on the three dots under the playlist title and select the Share option. Then you need to choose the app through which you plan on sending the playlist. Sometimes it’s even a URL. But need not worry as it will work!
So, this is all about Android Playlist Location. Please share your views.