Table of Content
Moisture Detected S7
Moisture Detected in Samsung Galaxy S7: USB/charging port has detected the moist particles in higher limits or humid climatic conditions around. Thus inserting the charger in the phone, make sure your USB port is in the dry condition. In this article, we will discuss the issues of galaxy s7 moisture has been detected, and how to fix it.
We are diving into deep about all the technical aspects related to the Galaxy S7. Most of the time we found Samsung Galaxy S7 doesn’t charge and displays “Moisture detected in charging port”, this type of irritating error can be fixed easily by following some certain rules described in the post. You can directly go for the fix and solution of the galaxy s7 moisture detected.
Samsung Galaxy S7:
The Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge were officially announced on 21st February 2016 and S7 Active was introduced on 10th June 2016. Predecessors of S7 are Galaxy S6/Galaxy S6 Edge/S6 Edge+/S6 Active.
Technical aspects of S7:
- Compared to S6, S7 has been improvised in hardware, expandable storage, design, and restoration features such as IP certification for water and dust resistance.
- Both S7 and S7 Edge have 5.1and 5.5-inch displays respectively. S7 Edge has a curvy display along the wide sides of the screen.
- S7 and S7 Edge are the last variants in the Samsung Galaxy S series to have a physical home button embedded with a front-sided fingerprint sensor.
- Again both are considered to be the last variants, incorporating the MicroUSB-B port. Because all its successor variants have been marketed with USB-C.
S7 Hardware details:
- Larger screen size compared to S6. It has a Quad HD Super AMOLED display with a square home button.
- The device is IP68-certified for dust and water-resistant.
- It has a battery capacity of 3000mAh and employs PMA and Qi wireless charging standards.
- S7 supports Micro USB charging. It includes a moisture sensor that throws an error message on sensing any moist particles.
- The device uses a 12-megapixel rear-facing camera which operates with a Dual Pixel image sensor having an aperture lens f/1.7 and a front camera is of 5MP with f/1.7 aperture.
- Galaxy S7 powers up with an octa-core Exynos 8890 chip system and 4GB RAM in China. In the US, the chipset comes up with quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 and this quad-core processor allows to support even the older networks like CDMA.
- Internal storage is capable up to of 32, 64, or 128 GB and memory are expandable using a MicroSD card.
- S7 device makes use of USB OTG adapter.
- Smart Switch app will help the content and settings transfer from one mobile to another mobile. For example, the previous Samsung Galaxy using Android 4.3 to later.
- It has a range of sensors like proximity, compass, fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, barometer, heart rate, etc.
- When it was launched, the cost of the S7 in India was around 48,000 rupees.
S7 Software characteristics:
- S7 runs on Android Marshmallow(6.0) which is upgradable to Android 8.0 and it utilizes Samsung’s proprietary TouchWiz for the user interface.
- When the device is in standby or sleep mode, Always On feature activates popping up with the calendar, clock, and notifications on-screen. The proximity sensor senses the device which is placed in an enclosed place like a pocket and enables the display to turn off completely.
Below table showcases the technical features incorporated between S7 Active and Edge:
|Attributes||S7 Edge||S7 Active|
|Screen Size||5.5 inches super AMOLED HD display||5.1 inches super AMOLED HD display|
|Camera||12MP rear camera and 5MP front camera||12MP rear camera and 5MP front camera|
|Software||Android 6.0 extensible upto Android 8.0 (Oreo)||Android 6.0 extensible upto Android 8.0 (Oreo)|
|Chipset||Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 processor with 4GB RAM.||Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor with 4GB RAM.|
|Battery Capacity||3600mAh||4000 mAh|
Don’t Miss: Rainmeter Mac
Plus points of S7:
- Display comes with the protection of corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Consumers have praised the S7 because of the microSD slot and resistant towards water and dust.
- Due to the curvy design of S7 Edge, the mobile has turned out to be attractive and easier to carry.
- Wireless charging.
- Fast charging of battery. In 30 minutes, the mobile charges upto 83%.
- No delay in performance.
- There was some dissatisfaction in removing IR Blaster and mobile high definition link which connects the smartphones, tablets, etc to higher definition devices. This feature was maintained until the previous version, S6.
- No FM radio.
- The battery is not removable.
- Still utilises a MicroUSB-B port.
- One of the main concerns in the Samsung S series is the moisture detection issue. Before moving into this particular issue, there is a slight difference between waterproof and water-resistant: water-resistant means protecting the gadget from water to a certain degree or up to a limited amount of time. Waterproof protects the device from moisture no matter how long it stays in the water.
The issue in moisture detected s7:
Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, and its successors S8, S10, Note 8, and S9 plus are powerfully built in such a way that they would not allow the moisture and water to pass through the internal parts of the phone. But this issue arises when the open parts like charging port, USB port, and audio jacks are exposed to water particles by making charging ports wet. Once the ports sense the moisture, corrosion occurs on the contact points giving rise to an error message on the display like:
Check Port: Moisture has been detected. To charge your device, make sure your charger/USB port is dry
- The above error explains the user that the USB/charging port has detected the moist particles in higher limits, that is the reason why the mobile is not getting charged up. While inserting the charger again, make sure your USB port is in dry condition.
- Surprisingly, these issues have come up with the customers wherein their mobile phones didn’t even sense any amount of water particles. Still, the error is arising because of the humid climatic conditions around them. Humidity in the atmosphere will make the ports wet and this affects the charging.
Moisture Detected S7 Fix
Fixes to be followed when mobile detects the moisture [100% working fixed trick]:
- Try to open the SIM card slot and check whether the sticker in the slot has changed the color or not. If it is white, then the mobile is safe. If not, it denotes the entry of moisture into the phone. So, use a cotton swab to absorb all the moisture content present on the ports.
- Turn off the phone and start charging it. This will surpass the error message.
- While charging, if you notice the error, restart the mobile while it is charging. This will eliminate the error.
- Charge your mobile in Safe mode. Follow the instructions for obtaining the Safe mode: Turn off your mobile and keep pressing on to the power key until the name Samsung appears on the screen. After releasing the Power key, press and hold the volume down key until the phone restarts completely. Now stop holding the volume down key and observe the Safe mode in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Clear Data and Clear Cache options in the USB settings will clear off the error message.
- Clean the charging cable with a cotton swab and place it on a metal connector to absorb all the wetness. If it did not work, go for a new cable.
- Wireless charging is another method to charge the mobile by keeping it on the wireless charging pad.
- Leave your mobile in the rice bag for at least 5 to 6 hours. This will absorb the moisture present in the ports.
Hope you have fixed the issue of Moisture Detected S7. Try to execute the above-mentioned steps when you find this error. If these steps do not work out, go to the nearest Samsung repair center. Overall it’s an excellent smartphone apart from these petty issues. Gossipfunda hopes issues related to Moisture Detected S7 has been fixed by you.
Sharing is Caring