Surprisingly you were here because you have got an error 200 in the Amazon music app. If you are an Amazon Prime customer and you have just started using the new Amazon Music app on Android or iOS, then you might come across this frustrating error 200 at times. The latest version of the Amazon Music app on iOS and Android includes an unlimited, ad-free streaming feature and this error. Don’t worry, and you’ve come to the right place. The good news is that it does not mean you are doomed to fail in your quest. We should consider these four ways to help you overcome this frustrating experience:
Table of Content
- 1 What is amazon music?
- 2 What is amazon music error 200?
- 3 How to fix the amazon music error 200?
- 3.1 How do I update the Amazon music app?
- 3.2 How to force stop the Amazon music app in Android?
- 3.3 How to force stop the Amazon music app in iOS (iPhone X and the later version)?
- 3.4 How to force stop the Amazon music app in iOS (iPhone SE and the earlier version)?
- 3.5 Clear the cache in the Amazon Music app to update your song catalog.
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 FAQ’S
What is amazon music?
Amazon Music is a service that allows you to store and play your music. You can listen to music from Amazon Music without ads or interruptions. Access and stream your music collection from any web browser, Android or iOS device, or downloading Amazon Music onto your computer.
Where are Amazon Music songs stored?
If you set the storage location to the internal memory, then music files will be stored in Phone\Android\Media\, Of course, if you’re using an external card as storage, then the files will be in Phone\Android\Media\. Learn more: Where does amazon music download to android?
What is amazon music error 200?
Many of the users who are experiencing this issue are running the Amazon music app on Android. We often reported that they tried to download an album from their Amazon Music account and had the error code 200 pop up during the download process. This issue seems to be affecting Android and iOS users alike but not Windows phone users. Android users are asked to update the Amazon Music, even when using the latest Amazon app version. Unfortunately, some updated users are still receiving error messages when trying to download music from Amazon. If your Amazon music application is not working and getting error code 200, then you are in the right place. The below steps may help you identify a solution to the amazon Music Error 200.
Why Amazon music error 200 occurred?
Amazon Music officials have notified us that your SD card may cause this error is corrupted or full. We recommend you format your SD card before trying to play Amazon Music. If it doesn’t work, try inserting another SD card. According to Amazon Music officials, you should resolve the problem by formatting your SD card. If the issue persists, consider using another SD card to see if that helps.
How to fix the amazon music error 200?
Let me tell you some secrets ways to fix these errors. Ultimately there are four ways to fix this error.
- Updating your amazon music app to the latest version will, of course, make it more efficient and, therefore, faster.
- In the case of an app malfunctioning or behaving oddly, you may need to use the option “Force stop.”
- There’s a way to force an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch app to quit.
- If you use the Amazon Music app, you can update your song catalog by clearing the cache.
These are the ways to get free from the error 200. Let me explain each way to the core so that you can fix your mistake and enjoy the music.
How do I update the Amazon music app?
The About page will show you which version of the app you have installed and which operating system it’s on. It’s important to know if you’re using an outdated version of an app because some updates fix bugs and improve performance.
- Launch the app store you used to install this app on your device.
- Search for the app. Then open the detail page of the app you searched.
- If an update is available, you can see the option to update.
- The button ‘Update now’ is displayed below the text ‘An update is available.’
After updating the app, try again and see whether the error is resolved. If the error is corrected, you are on the way enjoy your music. If not, try performing other ways.
How to force stop the Amazon music app in Android?
If you can’t open or use an app on your Chromebook, first try using these tips to fix the problem. If you still can’t open the app, do force stop.
- Open the Settings app.
- Find what you’re looking for to locate and select the name of the app.
- Click the Force Stop button.
If you are familiar with Android, you know that there are various ways of stopping an app. Some apps have a stop button, and some come with an option for you to close it from the recent apps menu.
How to force stop the Amazon music app in iOS (iPhone X and the later version)?
If your iPhone or iPod amazon music becomes unresponsive, you may need to close an application. To keep things running smoothly, find the app you want to complete, and follow these steps for iPhone X and the later version:
- To get started, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and quickly find the app you want to close.
How to force stop the Amazon music app in iOS (iPhone SE and the earlier version)?
- Double-click the Home button for the quickest way to get to your most recently used apps.
- Tap and hold the app you want to close.
- To close the app, swipe upon it.
You can follow these steps to force stop the app and re-install it. If this is also not helping, Don’t worry I have some other options to
Clear the cache in the Amazon Music app to update your song catalog.
What is cache?
A cache (pronounced KAY-shay) is a storage space for data that computers use to make programs run faster. Caches are almost always used when running extensive programs on a computer so that you can load the program quickly when you need it. Whenever anything is saved to a cache, it makes a copy of the data and holds it, so the next person to ask for that same information doesn’t have to wait for it.
How to clear the cache in the amazon music app for android?
- Open the Amazon Music app, whose icon is shaped like a cloud.
- Click on the icon.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll down to the storage section, and you’ll find more information on the available different types of storage.
- Tap the Clear Cache button.
How to clear the cache in the amazon music app for pc and mac?
For pc and mac, there are three different ways to clear cache,
- Sign Out of the app and Sign in again.
- Windows: Click the start menu, and in the search box, type: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Amazon Music\Data and
- On a Mac, type shift-command-g to open “Go to Folder” and go to ~/Library/Application Support.
- You can quickly refresh your library by going to Preferences > Advanced > Reload My Music.
How to clear the cache in the amazon music app for iOS?
If you’re using an iOS device, you will not be able to clear app caches. You can fix this issue by deleting your song lyrics and photo caches.
Due to normal wear and tear, the SD card can be corrupted or damaged unexpectedly. According to Amazon Music officials, If you have no other options, you should format the SD card to make it work again. Please try using a different SD card. The default format for SD cards is FAT32. Suppose you have an SD card slower than class 6. In that case, we recommend formatting the card as exFAT for more reliable recording with Amazon Music– contact your device manufacturer if you need more information about how to format your SD card.
How can I copy music files from Amazon to my SD card?
Answer: Add SD card to Android phone/tablet as internal storage. Refer to the manufacturers of your Android device’s official website for instructions on how to add an SD card as internal storage. Delete all the music that you downloaded from Amazon Music apps from your Android phone’s internal storage. On your phone, go to Settings -> Apps -> Amazon Appstore -> Storage, then hit CLEAR DATA and clear cache. Reinstall the Amazon Music app from Google Play Store if you had uninstalled it previously. Open the Amazon Music app. Once you have opened the app, press Menu -> My Music -> Settings -> SD Card.
How can you get free music from Amazon?
Answer: Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers will be able to start their free 30-day trial and still access the complimentary music service. The entry-level Amazon Music Unlimited subscription is available for free to Amazon Prime members. Non-Prime members can listen to a limited amount of audio content on Alexa devices for free as part of the subscription, with the option to subscribe directly to the service for $7.99 a month or $79 per year.