Controlling your tabs on Windows chrome may seem much difficult, especially when you have a lot of stuff to work upon every day. So here’s the solution for easy management of all your tabs, Onetab. It is a very useful app and may help in reducing the time you spend on controlling those tabs. Read the full article to know all about this wonderful thing called Onetab.
If you are a multitasker, you may have a tough time segregating your opened tabs in Google Chrome or whatever. Sometimes you may have to work upon work on two-three things for many days continuously, and hence can’t close the tabs. Therefore, in that case, you could simply reach out to this wonderful application called Onetab. It is actually a third-party extension that is the quickest method to save all your opened tabs or files on chrome or explorer into a single list. In a gist, with the help of OneTab, you can easily scan, label, delete, or manage all your tabs that have been saved into the list. Let’s get into the details of this extension.
keep your tabs saved
So basically while you use your Google Chrome, Mozilla, or explorer or any other browser, if you switch off your device, all the tabs are gone. You lose all the opened tabs in the browser. Hence next time, you must click to keep your tabs saved. It works in only one click, wherewith that click, Tab automatically transforms all the open tabs in a list. After it gets into a single list, whenever you want to access it, you can just choose tabs individually or in multiple at once. This step will help you save a lot of memory on your laptop. Along with this, it will save some CPU utilization also as you will have fewer tabs on your browser.
Due to the reduction in a number of tabs in use on the browser, it helps your PC to get into work from sleep mode faster. Obviously, this will result in less hanging of your device. Tab also claims to save up to 95% of your memory due to the capability of recollecting all the tabs into one list. This tool will be helpful while you work on a project where you need to have multiple tabs in use.
Storage of OneTab data
Few people, out of curiosity, may ask the question that where is the data stored? So basically, after the Mozilla shifted to web extensions, all the information is stored under the AppData/Roaming/Profile file. This info is inside \browser-extension-data\[email protected] file which is named as Storage. JS. in normal language. You also need to make sure that you backup all the ‘storage’ files, if you are using SSD or extension heavily on the computer.
Don’t miss: Web Hosting – Bluehost
Now, the most important thing to realize is the security factor that whether using this third party extension is safe or not? So, the OneTab application is entirely safe to use, and you should not worry about your data leak. While using this app, your personal data won’t be even shared with the developers. But, if you deliberately click on the option of ‘share as a web page,’ then you may end up sharing your personal tab data to others. Tab uses Google Favicon Generator to receive favicons from each of your tab domains on the list. But still, during this process as well, only the name of the domain is revealed instead of the full URL. Hence OneTab simplifies the organizing of tabs for you into a single-window providing you full privacy.
read also: Google Search Widget Bar: Restoring, Removing, and Activity
In order to download the it, you must follow these steps:
- Open your Google Chrome on your device.
- Then look out for, Chrome web store page by typing it in the search bar.
- Now, you need to click on the ‘Add to chrome’ option and install it on your device.
- Once the extension installed, you will see a blue-colored, funnel-shaped icon on the rightmost corner of the address bar.
It is easy to use application, and does not even ask for any login details. No verification is required to start this app.
How to reduce the complexity of multiple tabs
OneTab has it all sorted with its easy manager. It not only gives you organisation of your tabs, but also lets you share them with your acquaintances. Whenever you have multiple tabs open, just click on the Tab icon. This will group your tabs in a single window. It will also give you some extra options to manage your used tabs and unused tabs easily.
OneTab displays every single tab in the form of a link in a list. With a single click, you can even clutter your window with tabs in its original form. You just need to click ‘restore all.’ You can also restore your tabs individually by selecting their links separately.
You will be able to delete your tabs as well from the Tab window. This can be done if you easily hover on the tabs individually. You will see a cross sign, in order to delete the tab. Also, on the rightmost corner of the window, there will be a three-dot options menu. Choosing this option will lead to adding a newly made tab into the previously created OneTab window.
When you click the option, ‘share all as the web page,’ a new tab will appear to have another URL to your unused saved tabs. Now, you could easily share this URL among your acquaintances to let them access your tab.
You will get another option of export or import of URLs. Clicking this option will allow you to copy your URL, which will help you to use it while emailing or in some other OneTab. It will also give you an option to import the links, which happens in a blank white box. You can easily paste the link in this blank area.
Recover the OneTab tabs
Many times people face this issue of losing their tabs and hence losing information. If you have bought a new PC or have updated the Google Chrome or any other browser, you are likely to have your tabs gone. But there are still ways to get you recovered your tabs. Just follow the instructions given below-
Method to manually export
- The first step is to click the ‘OneTab chrome extension’ icon.
- Now, you need to look out for the ‘import/export URL’ option and click on it.
- The next step is to copy all the content in the export URL section.
- After that, paste the copied text in a text file, Google document, or word file.
- Finally, ensure your file is safe, just in case your tabs vanishes again.
How to restore your tabs from OneTab export
- Firstly, you again need to open the OneTab extension icon by clicking on it.
- Then, look out for ‘export/import URLs’ option and click on it.
- Now, you need to enlarge the import URLs area by manually expanding it.
- Then, click on the OneTab export file and open it.
- After that, copy all the URLs in the file. And paste them in the expanded URLs section.
- Finally, click on the import option to recover all your tabs.
How to uninstall OneTab
- In order to uninstall this app, follow these steps:
- Firstly, open your windows start menu on your PC.
- Then lookout for the ‘control panel’ option.
- Now, you will see an option of programs, under which there will a button, ‘uninstall a program.’ Click on that option.
- Now find the OneTab on the list, and double click on that to uninstall OneTab. But only deleting this program won’t help. You also need to uninstall its extensions as well.
- Then, click on the tools option. After that, select ‘add-ons’
- In the next step, you will see many options. One of them will be extensions, click on that. Now look for OneTab add-ons and delete them.
- Next, click on the ‘plugins’ option. Select the OneTab add-ons and remove them as well.
- Now, open the chrome and find the customize icon near the address bar. After finding it out, click on that.
- Then look out for tools option. After that, find the ‘extensions’ option and click on that.
- Finally, find add-ons and any third-party extensions of OneTab. Remove all of them by clicking on the trash option.
The OneTab is really a good app to collect all your tabs into one single window. It simply eases your work. It has gained its name through its character only, that is, to manage all tabs into one. You may find other apps as well for managing your tabs, but this one’s the best according to the reviews and safety issues. It has a funnel icon that actually justifies its work of funneling all your tabs together into a list. It will give you all solutions to your problems of confusion during multiple tabs open. This article tried to cover everything about OneTab as it possibly could. I hope it benefited you.