Hello champs! Welcome to our technical blog. If you want to know all about com.lge.qmemoplus, you are at the right place. In this article, we will be discussing what is com.lge.qmemoplus, the apps under this package, its features. If you are here getting the error “com.lge.qmemoplus has stopped” or “com.lge.qmemoplus keeps stopping”, just read along. I’m sure you will have your problem solved. We have already covered com.lge.launcher3, so view this article too.
As we know, the bite of Technology in today’s world is getting stronger day by day. Companies are desperate to create new ideas before others. In the world where AI and Machine Learning are driving great revolutions, the requirement of creating high-end hardware and electronic devices is also spiked.
Let us break the terms in com.lge.qmemoplus. No doubt, from the name you get that it is some package containing some system applications. Now, the things that we need to focus on, is “lge” and “qmemoplus”. Without any further delay, let’s get started.
LGE (LG Electronics)
This term is not new to you. LG electronics is well known all around the globe. When we talk about India, practically a lot of TV commercials are broadcasted about LG. This makes it a popular brand.
LG Electronics is a South Korean multinational electronics company. It is headquartered in Yeouido-dong, Seoul, South Korea. Needless to mention, that it is a part of the fourth largest chaebol in South Korea. A data in Wikipedia says that its global sales reached US$55.91 billion in the year 2014.
LG Electronics consists of four business units, namely:
- Home Entertainment
- Mobile Communications (we will specifically deal with this today)
- Home Appliances and Air solutions
- Vehicle components
In the Indian subcontinent, it is known for its main production vendor for refrigerators and washing machines. “LG Washing Machine” is a very popular line that we get to hear frequently in LG TV commercials. Also, LG remains the second largest television manufacturers of the world since 2008 as far as LCD TVs are concerned.
To talk a little bit about the history, LG entered the smartphone industry back in 2010. Here are some of the mobile devices that LG has been manufacturing.
- LG unveiled its first curved smartphone, G Flex, on 27th October 2013. It was first released in South Korea in November 2013. Later, LG announced its releases in Europe, Asia and North America.
- LG announced a US release for LG G2 across different carriers at the Consumer Electronics Show. This dates back to January 2014.
- LG G4 was released globally in late May in the year 2015.
- LG unveiled the V20 on 7th September, 2016. Following that, the V30 was announced on the 31st of August, 2017.
- Earlier in 2017, LG G6 was officially announced. Introduction of the G7 ThinQ was scheduled for a media briefing on 2 May 2018.
- Mobile phones and tablet devices are known to go side by side. LG has a good name in manufacturing Tablet devices too.
- LG announced three new models to the G series of tablets in 2014. They had LG’s Knock Cod feature. This allowed the users to unlock devices with a series of taps.
- The tablets feature Q Pair. Q Pair allows tab devices to sync up with a smartphone. A smartphone is more portable and convenient to carry, hence this feature was a great addition. It synced phone calls and text messages in real time.
What is com.lge.qmemoplus?
Now that we know what “LGE” means, it’s easy for us to guess what com.lge.qmemoplus means. Yes, you guessed it right – it is a package specifically found pre-installed in LG devices. It is the QuickMemo app of LG. You do not use this app daily (in fact, you don’t even open this app). Still, this app pings Google periodically to refresh your data and location.
What is QuickMemo?
- QuickMemo is a feature in LG devices. As the name suggests, it allows you to create memos and capture screenshots in your device.
- It is a great and handy tool. This is because you can use it to create memos during a call easily. It is quite efficient too, because you can save a memo with a picture or on the current phone screen.
How to access the QuickMemo feature?
To access the QuickMemo feature, you may follow the following steps:
- Press both the Volume Up and Volume Down keys for a second. This should be done while viewing the screen that you want to capture.
- Then, select the desired menu option from the list of available options. They are Pen type, Color, Eraser. Next, create a memo.
- The memo can then be exported or saved in your gallery. Follow the on screen prompts to save the memo in your gallery.
- The LG official site advises to use a fingertip while using the QuickMemo function, and not your fingernail.
Using the QuickMemo options
While using QuickMemo features, you will get the following available actions:
- To use the captured image or note as the background.
- To undo the previous action.
- Also, to redo the previously undo-ed action.
- To erase the memo that you previously created.
- To share the memo.
- And, to save the memo.
How to view the saved QuickMemo?
Viewing the saved QuickMemo is quite simple and straightforward. When you save a memo, it gets added to the “QuickMemo album” in your Gallery. If it’s the first memo that you created and saved, then the system creates a new QuickMemo album for you. So, go to Gallery > QuickMemo album to view your saved memos.
Using QuickMemo+ on your LG G4 device
- This is a device-specific tutorial, that can be applied to other LG devices as well. As mentioned previously, QuickMemo+ is an app under the com.lge.qmemoplus package.
- QuickMemo+ allows you to capture screenshots and write notes on it, then save and share. Take an example: you can use QuickMemo+ to mark on a map. Then you share the memo with your friends to let them know where you’ll meet.
- Tap the QuickMemo+ icon in the Notification panel of your device. Do not use the traditional method of capturing the screen (volume down + power button).
- This captures the image of the screen, or we call it Screenshot.
- A panel then opens that allows you to draw or write on the captured screen. This is how you create the memo.
- Save your memo to the Gallery by clicking on the Save option. This saves the memo in your gallery under the QuickMemo album. From the gallery, you can tap the Share option to share your memo as a file or message.
- QuickMemo+ comes really handy when you have something important that you might want to save for remembering later.
- Also, it’s possible to add Weather and location details on your memo. Just tap on the Weather and Location icons. They can be found in the lower left position of your screen.
- If you want to be reminded about your memo (using it as a to-do-list), tap Add reminder. This option is present at the lower left. Tap Time Reminder for a time reminder. Then, you’ll have to choose a date and time. Choose the date and time and then hit OK.
- Finally, save your memo.
How to fix “Unfortunately, com.lge.qmemoplus has stopped”?
This is not a common error because the package is the official package of LG. However, if you face this error due to system crash, there are certain things you can do to fix it.
- Head on to Settings > Apps.
- From the list of running applications, find com.lge.qmemoplus.
- On the app page, click on “Force Stop.” On the warning that says “If you force-stop this app, it may misbehave,” click “OK.”
- Then, click on Clear Data. This clears all the data including the cache for the app.
- By now, your problem must have got fixed. If not, try rebooting or restarting your device. Do not try to uninstall the app by gaining root access, as this will lead to other errors as consequences.
- The ultimate option if you keep on getting the error, is of course a Factory Reset. Factory resetting will permanently delete all your device data. Hence, it is advised to take a backup of all your data before performing a factory reset.
As a conclusion, we can say that com.lge.qmemoplus is a package that has the QuickMemo+ app under it. The QuickMemo+ app allows you to create memos with additional features and easily save and share them. You can also set weather and location data on your memo. It is also possible to get a reminder on a specified date and time. Hence, the memo can be used as a to-do reminder. This is available only in LG devices. We have also discussed some main points about the company LG Electronics and how it came into the smartphone industry. LG mobile devices are still used by many. We are expecting many more devices with better features to be launched in the near future.