Want to know about hidden settings like com.android.hiddenmenu in your smartphone? Excited to learn about the IoT menu and using those sweet settings? Check out our article made especially for you and learn all you need to about IoT hidden Menu and unhide the settings. See how you can make your phone show a picture of a chihuahua! Yes, you heard it right, all smartphones have a picture of someone’s dog. This is just one of the fun settings to mess within the hidden settings. And if you are stuck anywhere then check out the video on our YouTube channel.
Table of Content
What is IoT?
IoT stands for “Internet of Things” and refers to the billions of smart devices connected to the Internet around the world. All these devices are connected with the help of the Internet and can be used to control other devices. As the electronic components are becoming cheaper, more and more people are getting access to them. You can even use your smartphones to connect and control your car or an entire home. Maybe in the future, you can control all your electronics from the implant in your brain, sounds amazing right? Now, this is achieved with sensors, wireless connection, integrated AI (Artificial Intelligence). And with the fast internet connection, you can control all your devices in real-time with minimal latency.
Now it is not related to our primary topic but our readers should be aware of the changes in the tech world. These things do help out when you are buying a home appliance and you read “IoT enabled”. That time you will be aware of what the word IoT means and why it matters in the first place.
You probably didn’t know that Android has a secret menu for you to explore and customize your smartphone UI. These hidden strings of codes that are part of the OS or software are known as “easter eggs”. These easter eggs are mostly undocumented and are left by devs (developers) for users to find it. For example, the hidden menu found on Samsung Galaxy smartphones was not told by devs. However, it was left documented so the tech enthusiasts can find it.
Now it’s not called IoT hidden menu settings it’s called “System UI Turner”. Now you can use the system UI Turner to for customizing the Android gadget’s clock, status bar, app notifications. This was introduced in the Android Marshmallow or Android version 6.0 update. At first, this was experimental but now can be found on every smartphone. It is not difficult to locate the hidden settings but people usually do not even notice it exists. We will see later in the article about accessing the hidden menu and some hidden codes. But generally, you can access it by going in the dialer or the phone app and typing “*#0*#”. Now as soon as you enter “*#0*#”, you will see a list. Now, most of the options listed in the secret menu are not very out of the box or much interesting.
- You can check the output of the display but having it display green, black, blue, red colors. With this, you can see any flaws like discoloration, dead pixels, stuck pixels, irregular colors.
- Even there are graphics visualizing readings, gyroscope, compass, accelerometer.
- Select “sensor” and you will start getting raw data from your smartphone’s sensors and variation in the reading.
- And our favorite is when you can get the picture on a chihuahua, which means there is a random dog’s picture on millions of smartphones.
- The touch test will help you analyze that if the touch screen is working fine, sometimes the touch goes bad.
- You should try this if you notice that you have to tap twice to open something, or can’t have a response from a particular portion of the screen. You will have to tap on the rectangles appearing on the screen. Your finger trace will appear on the screen, this is very helpful for many people.
- There is also the option to check the functionality of capacitive keys, see if they are working. Get a receiver test which checks the earpiece, also the speaker test by blasting pop music.
So these are not even half the features of the hidden menus, note that we are using the example of the Samsung Galaxy smartphone. You should try more options if you are feeling excited, there are more for you to explore. We have mentioned more of the IoT Hidden Menu codes for you to try out and see how it work for you.
Unlocking the System UI Tuner
We saw what the System Ui Tuner means but how we will unlock it? We made a simple guide for you to follow, stick to it and you will unlock it in 5 minutes.
- Wake up your device and swipe down from the status bar for getting access to the “Quick search panel”.
- Now hold the settings gear icon which should be located at the top-right corner.
(If you do all the steps correctly then your smartphone should buzz or vibrate). A message will appear saying that you have successfully added System Ui Tuner.
Now you can change the icons or battery level display while recharging or tweak the interface. Or modify your clock to display hours and minutes and seconds, it’s your call. But you can choose to enable the DND or Do Not Disturb option with a volume bar, or by turning off the volume slider. There will be a menu with the name “Power notification control”. There will be different levels from 1 to 5, with different features. Now level 1 is the lowest and blocks all notifications, and level 5 is the highest.
Now tap on the “split-screen” option to enable it, do a swipe gesture for it to enable from the app overlay icon.
How to turn off the System UI Tuner
Now it is not always fun to keep the settings active, as there will be an error vehicle enabling the system UI tuner. The warning will say: “System Tuner gives you extra ways to tweak and customize the Android user interface. Such experimental features may alter, break, or disappear in future releases. So, Proceed with caution.”
Now if you decide to remove or turn off the system UI tuner, follow the steps to do this.
- Wake up your device and swipe down from the status bar for getting access to the “Quick search panel”.
- Now hold the settings gear icon which should be located at the top-right corner. (If you do all the steps correctly then your smartphone should buzz or vibrate).
- A message will appear asking you if you are removing the settings. It will say: “Remove System UI Tuner from Settings and stop using all of its features?”
- Now if you are sure about removing the settings then tap on “remove”, this should disable the settings for good.
Alternative ways for turning it off
Now if the settings are still not disabled then there are different methods too, we will show you alternative methods. But you should once try going in the settings and searching “System UI Tuner” and tap on three vertical dots. Now tap on “Remove from settings”, this should resolve your problem, if not then follow the below steps.
- Wake up your device and go to your home screen, tap on, and long on any space.
- Now you need to tap on “add to home screen” and a menu should appear, tap on “shortcuts”.
- In case you are using a custom launcher like “ADW launcher” then follow the following steps:
- Custom shortcut -> Pick your activity -> activities.
- Once you click on “activities”, you will be welcomed by a blank screen. Scroll down and you must see the “hidden menu”, it can have different names like “com.android.hiddenmenu”.
- Now tap on “hidden menu” and you will see different settings and options. You are free to choose whatever you want to do with the hidden settings.
Android Hidden Codes
If you want to use the secret codes on your smartphone then you have to use the dialer. With the help of the dialer or the call app on your smartphone you can use them. Simply input the following code and you should see the code running.
Now you can finally use the awesome codes for yourself. See the list for all the codes which you can use and experiment with. And to learn how to input the codes, scroll down and see that part.
|*#06#||VERY IMPORTANT code as it shows you the IMEI number|
|*#*#232338#*#*||It is used for displaying the WiFi mac address.|
|*#*#8255#*#*||Test and monitor the Google Talk service.|
|*#*#0673#*#* OR *#*#0289#*#*||It is used for testing the speakers.|
|*#*#1234#*#*||Use this code for displaying the PDA and Phone firmware info.|
|*#*#2222#*#*||FTA Hardware version.|
|*#*#232339#*#* OR *#*#526#*#*||This code will let you test your wireless lan.|
|*#*#273283*255*663282*#*#*||It is a simple code for backing up your images and videos or other media files.|
|*#*#0283#*#*||This is used for the packet loopback test.|
|*#*#1111#*#*||FTA Software version.|
|*#*#0842#*#*||Use this code for testing the vibration motor.|
|*#*#0*#*#*||This code is important as it lets you test your display.|
|*#*#1472365#*#*||Use this code for a quick GPS test.|
|*#*#8350#*#*||Disable the voice dialing logging mode with the code.|
|*#*#2663#*#||This shows all the touches registered on the touch screen.*|
|*#*#3264#*#*||Check the version of your RAM.|
|*#*#34971539#*#*||This code will display complete info about your camera setup.|
|*#*#232331#*#*||Used for the Bluetooth test.|
|*2767*3855#||Unlike the previous one, it will wipe all your data clean and reinstall the firmware on your smartphone.|
|*#*#8351#*#*||Enables voice dialing logging mode.|
|*#*#4986*2650468#*#*||RF Call Date firmware info, PDA, Phone, Hardware.|
|*#*#2664#*#*||This is the MOST useful code as it lets you test your touch screen.|
|*#*#4636#*#*||This will show you usage statistics, display information and battery status.|
|*#*#7262626#*#*||Used for field testing.|
|*#*#232337#*#||Use the code for displaying the bluetooth device address.|
|*#*#0588#*#*||Test the proximity sensor test with this code.|
|*#*#7594#*#*||It will simply change the behaviour of the power button by enabling direct powering off.|
|##778 (+call)||Use it to see the Epst menu.|
|*#*#44336#*#*||Displays the Build time and change list number.|
|*#*#197328640#*#*||This enables the service activity mode.|
|*#*#7780#*#*||It will reset your smartphone like it was new, BUT deletes all the applications and app data.|
|*#*#1575#*#*||It is another different GPS test you can perform.|
How to use the codes?
Open the caller app or phone app and type “*#*#4636#*#*”, and this will be the same for most people. A menu will be opened, you can enter the above-mentioned codes to have some awesome features.
Now we saw a lot about IoT hidden menu settings and it is known as “System Ui Turner”. Keep in mind that most of the codes are not very interesting and you can get it normally from settings. But we saw what some of the settings do and what others do.