You’ve probably been in that frustrating situation: you’re ready for some soccer action on your smartphone, only to discover that FIFA Mobile is not working. It’s a common issue among gamers worldwide, but don’t panic! There are various reasons for this problem and multiple solutions at your disposal. This comprehensive guide will help you understand why FIFA Mobile may not be working and provide actionable solutions to get you back on the pitch in no time.
Learn more on how to fix FIFA 23 Secure Boot is Not Enabled on this Machine Error in Installation
Common Reasons Why FIFA Mobile is Not Working
First off, the root cause of FIFA Mobile’s inactivity can be server-side issues. These occur when Electronic Arts (EA), the game’s developer, is updating the app, fixing bugs, or when the servers are overwhelmed due to high traffic. Check EA’s official Twitter account or other online platforms for updates on server status. In these cases, you need to be patient and wait for the servers to stabilize.
Outdated FIFA Mobile app can also result in problems. The game developers continuously introduce patches and updates to improve gameplay, fix bugs, and incorporate new features. If you haven’t updated your game in a while, it might be the reason why FIFA Mobile is not working.
Another possibility is device compatibility issues. EA designs FIFA Mobile to operate on a wide range of devices, but some older models might not support the game. Ensure your device meets the minimum requirements to run the game.
Last but not least, the problem could stem from a poor internet connection. Online games like FIFA Mobile require a steady and robust internet connection for optimal gameplay.
How to fix FIFA Mobile not working?
If you’ve identified the cause, here’s how to get FIFA Mobile back to working order. Remember, these fixes are all about trial and error. What works for one person might not work for another, so try each solution until you find the one that fixes your problem.
Fix 1: Restart Your Device
- Step 1: Close the FIFA Mobile app: Before you restart your device, make sure to properly close the FIFA Mobile application. To do this, simply swipe it off your recent apps list or use the ‘Close All Apps’ feature available on most smartphones.
- Step 2: Power off your device: Now, you’ll need to turn off your device completely. This isn’t the same as just locking your screen. Hold down the power button on your device until you see an option to power off or restart.
- Step 3: Wait for a while: Once your device is off, wait for about a minute. This waiting period allows your device’s memory to clear and any minor glitches to resolve themselves.
- Step 4: Power on your device: After waiting for a minute, turn your device back on. You can do this by holding down the power button until you see the device’s logo.
- Step 5: Relaunch FIFA Mobile: Once your device has restarted and is back on, navigate to your applications and open FIFA Mobile.
By following these steps, you’re essentially giving your device a fresh start. Restarting can resolve a variety of issues and it might just be the solution you need to get FIFA Mobile working again. It’s a simple and quick solution that can work wonders in many cases. So the next time FIFA Mobile is not working, this should be your first line of action.
Fix 2: Update FIFA Mobile
- Step 1: Check for updates: Open your device’s app store. For Android users, this will be the Google Play Store. For Apple users, it’s the App Store. Once open, navigate to the ‘My apps & games’ or ‘Updates’ tab.
- Step 2: Find FIFA Mobile in your list of apps: This step may vary slightly depending on your device, but you should be looking for a list of apps that have updates available. If FIFA Mobile is on this list, it means there’s an update you haven’t installed yet.
- Step 3: Update the app: Click on the ‘Update’ button next to FIFA Mobile. If you can’t see an ‘Update’ button, but instead see an ‘Open’ button, it means your app is up to date.
- Step 4: Wait for the update to finish: The size of the update will determine how long this process takes. Make sure your device stays connected to the internet during this time.
- Step 5: Open FIFA Mobile: Once the update is complete, click on the ‘Open’ button or navigate to your device’s home screen and tap on the FIFA Mobile icon.
Updating FIFA Mobile ensures you have the latest features and bug fixes implemented by EA. Updates are designed to improve the performance and stability of the app, making it less likely to crash or stop working. It’s always a good idea to keep your apps up to date, especially when it comes to games like FIFA Mobile where new content and bug fixes are frequently rolled out.
Fix 3: Check Your Internet Connection
- Step 1: Test your current connection: Open a web browser on your device and try visiting any website. If the page loads without issues, your internet connection is working fine. However, if the page fails to load or loads slowly, you may have a weak or unstable connection.
- Step 2: Switch to another network (if available): If you have access to another Wi-Fi network, try switching to it and see if the problem persists. Alternatively, if your data plan allows, you can try switching to mobile data to see if that resolves the issue.
- Step 3: Reset your router: If you’re connected to Wi-Fi and experiencing issues, try resetting your router. To do this, unplug the router from the power source, wait for about a minute, then plug it back in. Wait until all the lights on the router are back on and stable before trying to connect your device again.
- Step 4: Check if other devices are having the same issue: If resetting the router doesn’t work, try checking if other devices connected to the same network are also having trouble accessing the internet. If they are, the issue might be with your internet service provider.
- Step 5: Restart FIFA Mobile: Once your internet connection is stable, reopen FIFA Mobile and see if the problem persists.
A robust and steady internet connection is crucial for online games like FIFA Mobile. If the game is not working, checking your internet connection should be one of your top priorities. Slow or unstable internet can cause the game to lag, freeze, or even prevent it from launching altogether.
Fix 4: Reinstall FIFA Mobile
- Step 1: Uninstall FIFA Mobile: Locate the FIFA Mobile app on your device and long press the icon. An option to uninstall the app should appear. Tap on ‘Uninstall’ and confirm your choice.
- Step 2: Restart your device: After uninstalling the game, restart your device to clear out temporary data that might be causing issues.
- Step 3: Reinstall FIFA Mobile: Go to your device’s app store and search for FIFA Mobile. Click on the ‘Install’ button to download and install the game afresh on your device.
- Step 4: Open FIFA Mobile: Once the installation process is complete, open FIFA Mobile and sign into your account. Be sure to use the same account details you used previously to retain your game data.
- Step 5: Check if the problem persists: After reinstalling, check to see if the issue has been resolved.
Reinstalling FIFA Mobile can be a powerful solution to many problems. It allows you to get rid of potentially corrupted files and replace them with fresh ones. It’s a more drastic measure than simply updating or restarting the game, but it can be highly effective. However, always make sure to back up any important data before uninstalling the game to avoid losing your progress.
Fix 5: Clear Cache and Data
- Step 1: Navigate to Settings: Open the settings menu on your device. This is usually represented by a gear icon on your home screen or in the app drawer.
- Step 2: Access ‘Apps’ or ‘Applications’: Once in settings, look for a menu item called ‘Apps’, ‘Applications’, or ‘Application Manager’. This will vary depending on your device.
- Step 3: Locate FIFA Mobile: Scroll through the list of apps until you find FIFA Mobile. Tap on it to open the app’s information page.
- Step 4: Clear Cache: You should see a button labeled ‘Clear Cache’. Tap on this. This will not delete any saved game data, but will clear out temporary files that could be causing issues.
- Step 5: Clear Data (if necessary): If clearing the cache doesn’t work, go back to the app’s information page and this time, tap ‘Clear Data’. Be aware that this will erase all data, including login details and game progress. Make sure your game progress is backed up to your EA account before proceeding.
- Step 6: Restart FIFA Mobile: After clearing the cache and data, open FIFA Mobile to see if the problem has been resolved.
Clearing cache and data is a handy way to fix a multitude of app-related problems. The cache stores temporary files that help the app run faster and more efficiently. However, sometimes these files can become corrupted and cause issues. Clearing them out can often help to fix these problems.
Fix 6: Check Device Compatibility
- Step 1: Visit the FIFA Mobile page on your app store: Look for FIFA Mobile on your device’s app store. This will be the Google Play Store for Android users and the App Store for iOS users.
- Step 2: Review the compatibility requirements: On the FIFA Mobile page, scroll down to the ‘Requirements’ or ‘Compatibility’ section. This will list the minimum requirements needed to run the game.
- Step 3: Compare with your device’s specifications: Go to your device settings and find the ‘About Phone’ or ‘About Device’ section. Compare these specifications with the requirements listed in the app store.
- Step 4: Update your device’s software: If your device’s software is outdated, it might be incompatible with the game. Go to the ‘System Updates’ or ‘Software Updates’ section in your settings and install any available updates.
- Step 5: Consider upgrading your device: If your device is significantly older or doesn’t meet the requirements, it may be unable to run FIFA Mobile. In this case, consider upgrading to a newer device.
Ensuring your device is compatible with FIFA Mobile is a crucial step in troubleshooting. If your device doesn’t meet the minimum requirements, the game may not work properly, if at all. It’s always important to check this before downloading new games, especially ones as large and complex as FIFA Mobile.
Fix 7: Free Up Device Storage
- Step 1: Check your device’s storage: Go to your device’s settings and find the ‘Storage’ section. This will show you how much storage you have used and how much is available.
- Step 2: Delete unnecessary apps and files: If your storage is nearly full, consider removing some unnecessary apps or files. You can do this by going to ‘Apps’ in your settings and uninstalling apps you don’t use or need. For files, you can use your device’s file manager to find and delete unneeded files.
- Step 3: Clear app cache: Some apps can have a large cache that takes up storage space. Go to ‘Apps’ in your settings, select an app, and then tap ‘Clear Cache’. Repeat this for any apps that use a lot of cache.
- Step 4: Install any available updates: Outdated system software can sometimes cause issues with apps. Go to the ‘System Updates’ or ‘Software Updates’ section in your settings and install any available updates.
- Step 5: Restart FIFA Mobile: After freeing up some storage space and installing any updates, try reopening FIFA Mobile.
Insufficient storage can cause numerous issues with apps, including slow performance and crashes. FIFA Mobile, being a large and complex game, requires a decent amount of storage space to run efficiently. Always ensure that your device has ample free space for the game to function properly.
Fix 8: Contact EA Support
- Step 1: Visit EA’s ‘Help’ page: If all else fails, your best bet might be to get in touch with EA’s customer support. You can do this by visiting EA’s ‘Help’ page on their official website.
- Step 2: Select ‘FIFA Mobile’: Once on the ‘Help’ page, you’ll see a list of games. Find and select ‘FIFA Mobile’. If you can’t find it in the list, use the search bar to locate it.
- Step 3: Choose your issue: You’ll then be asked to specify what issue you’re having with the game. Choose the one that best fits your situation.
- Step 4: Choose ‘Contact Us’: After specifying your problem, you’ll see a ‘Contact Us’ button. Click on it to get in touch with EA’s support team.
- Step 5: Follow the on-screen instructions: After clicking ‘Contact Us’, you’ll be guided through the process of creating a support ticket. Provide as much information as possible to help the support team understand your issue.
Contacting EA Support should be your last resort when you’ve tried everything else and FIFA Mobile is still not working. The support team will have the tools and knowledge to delve deeper into the issue and provide a resolution. Remember to be as detailed as possible in your communication to help them understand and resolve your issue faster.
Preventing FIFA Mobile Issues: Top Tips
Regularly Update FIFA Mobile:
Always keep your FIFA Mobile game updated. EA frequently rolls out updates that include bug fixes and enhancements that improve the game’s stability and performance. Regular updates can help prevent many issues from occurring.
Ensure Reliable Internet Connection:
FIFA Mobile requires a strong and stable internet connection for optimal performance. Unstable or weak connections can lead to several issues, such as game lag or connection errors. Always try to play the game when you have a strong connection.
Keep Your Device Updated:
Just as you need to keep the game updated, it’s equally important to keep your device’s software updated. Updates often include performance improvements and bug fixes that can prevent issues from arising not just with FIFA Mobile, but with all apps on your device.
Free Up Storage Regularly:
Ensure that your device has enough free storage. Lack of storage can cause games to run slowly or even crash. Regularly deleting unnecessary apps, files, and cache can help keep your device running smoothly.
Check Compatibility Before Updating:
Before you download a new update for FIFA Mobile, check the compatibility requirements. If your device doesn’t meet the minimum requirements, you might experience problems running the game.
By following these preventative measures, you can minimize the chances of encountering issues with FIFA Mobile. Remember, prevention is always better than cure. It’s better to take these steps and prevent potential problems than to deal with them after they occur.
While encountering a ‘FIFA Mobile not working’ issue can be quite frustrating, understanding the potential reasons behind the problem and knowing how to tackle them will make your troubleshooting journey much smoother. Whether it’s due to server-side issues, an outdated game version, device compatibility, or internet issues, the remedies range from simply restarting your device, checking your internet connection, updating or reinstalling the game, to contacting EA Support. So next time you experience such a problem, you’ll be well-prepared to handle it, and soon you’ll be back on the virtual pitch, scoring those goals.
This can occur due to outdated software, lack of storage, or a weak internet connection. Try the fixes mentioned in the article.
First, check your internet connection. If that’s fine, try clearing the cache, freeing up storage, or updating your device’s software.
Start by restarting your device. If that doesn’t help, consider updating the game, reinstalling it, or checking for device compatibility.
Open your device’s app store, search for FIFA Mobile, and if there’s an update available, click on ‘Update’.
In this case, reach out to EA Support through their ‘Help’ page. Provide detailed information about the issue you’re experiencing.
Go to device settings, select ‘Apps’ or ‘Applications’, find FIFA Mobile, and tap ‘Clear Cache’. Be cautious about choosing ‘Clear Data’.
Visit the FIFA Mobile page in your app store and check the ‘Requirements’ or ‘Compatibility’ section.