Anime lovers from around the globe are no strangers to 9anime, the popular platform that streams a vast library of Japanese animation. However, an issue that often frustrates users is the ‘9anime Error 1014- CNAME Cross-User Banned’. This article provides an in-depth understanding of this error, its causes, and, more importantly, the steps needed to resolve it.
Understanding the 9anime Error 1014
The 9anime Error 1014 is typically a Cloudflare output that indicates a domain configuration issue. This is what we call a CNAME Cross-User Banned error. It is triggered when a specific Cloudflare account is prohibited from making a request to another. This often results in disrupted streaming for anime aficionados.
Why Does This Error Occur?
Essentially, Error 1014 arises from a flawed setup on the part of the website or DNS providers. When 9anime’s Cloudflare account attempts to reach the DNS of another Cloudflare account but finds it’s banned, the system triggers the error.
Impact on User Experience
When the 9anime Error 1014 appears, the user’s streaming is abruptly interrupted. They are effectively denied access to the content they desire, causing dissatisfaction and frustration.
Must read: 9anime Error Code 102630
How to Fix 9anime Error 1014?
When confronted with the 9anime Error 1014, there are several proven solutions that can resolve it. The following step-by-step guide provides clear and concise instructions.
To ensure a better understanding of the problem-solving process, let’s delve deeper into the detailed steps of each solution to this pesky error.
Fix 1: Refresh the Page
Refreshing your browser is the most straightforward solution to the 9anime Error 1014.
- Click on the circular arrow near your browser’s address bar or press “F5” or “Ctrl + R” on your keyboard.
- Allow the page to reload and see if the error has been resolved.
While it may seem overly simplistic, this method often works for temporary network issues or glitches that may cause the error.
Fix 2: Clear Browser Cache
Clearing your browser cache is another easy method. Old or corrupted cache files can lead to Error 1014. Here’s how you do it:
- On your browser, go to “Settings”.
- Look for the “Privacy and Security” section.
- Click on “Clear Browsing Data” or “Clear Cache”.
- Ensure the “Cached images and files” box is checked.
- Finally, click “Clear data”.
Refresh your browser and check if the error persists. Regularly clearing your cache can enhance your browsing experience and access to 9anime.
Fix 3: Use a VPN
A VPN can effectively bypass the CNAME Cross-User Ban by changing your IP address. Here’s how:
- Download and install a reliable VPN from a trusted provider.
- Launch the VPN and select a server from a different region.
- Once connected, revisit the 9anime website.
The error should now be resolved. If not, try connecting to a different server or try a different VPN provider.
Fix 4: Contact 9anime Support
If the error is still unresolved, reaching out to 9anime’s support team is the next step:
- Visit the 9anime website and locate their “Contact” page.
- Write a detailed message explaining the error you’re experiencing.
- Include any relevant screenshots or error codes.
- Send the message and wait for their response.
Their tech team should be able to assist with the error and provide a solution tailored to your specific issue.
Certainly, let’s delve into two additional unique fixes that can provide value to the user.
Fix 5: Disable CDN Temporarily
A Content Delivery Network (CDN) like Cloudflare, used by 9anime, enhances website performance by reducing load times. However, a CDN can sometimes trigger Error 1014. To circumvent this, consider disabling the CDN temporarily.
- Log in to your Cloudflare account (if you have one).
- Navigate to the ‘overview’ tab of the website in question.
- Under ‘Advanced Actions’, select ‘Pause Cloudflare on Site’.
- Visit 9anime again to see if the issue has been resolved.
Remember to re-enable Cloudflare after testing as it is an integral part of website security and performance.
Fix 6: Change DNS Settings
Altering DNS settings to a more reliable server like Google DNS can help resolve the issue. This process can differ slightly depending on your device, but here’s the general method:
- Open the Control Panel on your PC.
- Navigate to ‘Network and Internet’ > ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
- On the left panel, click on ‘Change adapter settings’.
- Right-click your active network connection (like Wi-Fi or Ethernet), then click ‘Properties’.
- In the networking tab, find ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’, and click ‘Properties’.
- In the new window, select ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’.
- Set the preferred DNS server as ‘184.108.40.206’ and the alternate DNS server as ‘220.127.116.11’, which are Google’s DNS addresses.
- Click ‘OK’, then ‘Close’.
- Restart your device and try accessing 9anime again.
Please note that changing DNS settings should be done carefully, as it affects your entire internet connection. If you’re unsure, contact a tech-savvy friend or professional to guide you.
Fix 7: Try Incognito Mode
Sometimes, browser extensions or saved cookies can lead to Error 1014. To bypass these, you can use Incognito Mode (or Private Browsing, depending on your browser).
- Open your browser.
- Click on the three dots or menu in the top right corner.
- Select ‘New Incognito Window’ or ‘New Private Window’.
- Visit the 9anime website in this new window.
Incognito Mode disables most browser extensions and ignores saved cookies, which may resolve the error.
Fix 8: Reset Your Router
Occasionally, DNS cache stored in your router can cause the 9anime Error 1014. To clear this, you can reset your router.
- Locate the reset button on your router. It’s usually a small, recessed button that you might need a paperclip to press.
- Press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds.
- Release the button and wait for the router to restart. This process might take a few minutes.
- Once the router restarts, reconnect your devices and try accessing 9anime again.
Resetting your router will clear the DNS cache and may fix the error. However, keep in mind that this also resets your router’s settings, so you may need to reconfigure your Wi-Fi network after the reset.
As always, proceed with caution when making any changes to your network or device settings. If you’re unsure, consult with a knowledgeable friend or professional.
Preventing the 9anime Error 1014
As the old saying goes, prevention is better than cure. Here are some preventive measures to avoid facing the 9anime Error 1014.
1. Update Your Browser
Keeping your browser updated to its latest version helps avoid such errors. Regular updates fix bugs and improve overall performance.
2. Use Reliable DNS Servers
Using reliable DNS servers like Google DNS or OpenDNS can prevent such issues from arising.
3. Maintain Good Internet Connection
Having a steady and robust internet connection also minimizes the chance of encountering the error.
While the 9anime Error 1014 can be a thorn in the side for any anime enthusiast, knowing its root causes and potential fixes can alleviate the frustration. Regular maintenance of your system and following the prescribed preventative measures can significantly reduce the occurrence of this error. Ultimately, overcoming this hurdle will make your anime streaming experience more seamless and enjoyable.
- What is the 9anime Error 1014?
The 9anime Error 1014 is a Cloudflare output related to a domain configuration issue called a CNAME Cross-User Ban.
- Why does the 9anime Error 1014 occur?
It usually happens when one Cloudflare account is banned from making a request to another, causing an error.
- How does the 9anime Error 1014 affect users?
When the error occurs, it disrupts streaming, denying users access to their desired anime content.
- Can refreshing the page solve the 9anime Error 1014?
Yes, sometimes the error might be temporary, and a simple page refresh can solve it.
- How does clearing the browser cache help?
Old or corrupted cache files can cause Error 1014. Clearing these files may resolve the issue.
- Why use a VPN to solve the 9anime Error 1014?
A VPN changes your IP address, allowing you to bypass the CNAME Cross-User Ban.
- What if none of the fixes work?
If none of the fixes resolve the error, reaching out to 9anime’s support team would be the next best step.
- How can I prevent the 9anime Error 1014 from occurring?
- Keeping your browser updated, using reliable DNS servers, and maintaining a good internet connection can help prevent this error.
- How does disabling CDN temporarily solve the issue?
- Disabling Cloudflare, the CDN used by 9anime, can sometimes resolve the Error 1014 caused due to network complexities.
- Can changing DNS settings help?
- Yes, switching to a more reliable server like Google DNS can sometimes fix the error.
- What does Incognito Mode do?
- Incognito Mode disables browser extensions and ignores saved cookies, which can help resolve the error.
- Why should I reset my router?
- Resetting your router clears the DNS cache, which might be causing the error.