Doesn’t the word kmp sound familiar? Kmp is nothing but the K-media player, recognise it now? Kmp is a multi-media player, similar to VLC and it specializes in supporting various media formats like DVD, AVI, Ogg, OGM, 3GP, MPEG, FLV, VCD, HDML, etc. This aspect sets Kmp apart from all the other popularly used media players. Additionally, it is compatible with both Windows and iOS. In this article, we will be looking at Kmp external codec libvlcjni.so cpu arm64-v8a in detail.
What is the kmp external codec libvlcjni.so cpu arm64-v8a?
The kmp external codec library works as an add-on to the K-media player to make it more compatible with many other media formats, extending its horizons better. So if you have trouble playing a file in kmp, then having this add-on can help with the access. Before we dive in further, let us look at kmp and its features as a whole.
How to download KMP?
There is both an android and PC version (iOS and Windows) of the K-media player. Follow the steps below to download it.
- Go to “Playstore” and search for kmp.
- Download the K-media player.
- Click on “Install” to download the player.
- Search for “Download K-media player” in google.
- Download Kmp.
- Scroll below to find the download icon with Windows written along with it.
- Download the exe file and run it to proceed further.
- Go about the setup procedure to finish installing the K-media player.
Features of the K-media player
As mentioned above the K-media player supports many media formats unlike the other media players in the business. Additionally, it helps with playing large files easily without compromising on quality. It has features to edit media and has options to control the play rate as well. Kmp also offers options to convert your media files to mp3 to make them suitable for other media players. It also supports various subtitle formats in SMI, ASS, SRT, PSB, S2K, SUB, TXT, and LRC formats. Also, kmp has an option to access and play videos using URLs.
It has extra codec libraries to help you with easy access to altering kmp settings.
Kmp external codec
In case you are having trouble playing certain media files, then adding this library to kmp will help with playing these files. This is a custom codec like many others that kmp offers. For those who are curious about what a codec is, it is a coded program that is vital for streaming media. It encodes to compress data and decodes to decompress data. Here data infers to media like pictures, audio and video.
Read Also: AASAService – What is it?
How to download Kmp external codec?
To download the kmp external codec into your device refer to the listed steps below;
- Download the kmp external codec libvlcjni.so cpu arm64-v8a
- Go to downloads and extract the zip folder.
- After extraction, you will get a .so file.
- Now go to the “internal storage” folder in your device and create a folder in “Downloads” named “KMP” by tapping on the three dots on the top right corner of your screen.
- Next, move the extracted .so file to the folder you recently created in downloads.
- Then open the K-media player and go to settings by clicking on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Tap on “General” and make sure you tick the “External codec use” option to activate the codec library you downloaded.
While the internet has to offer many streaming mediums, KMP has made a name of its own for the wide variety of features it has to offer to its customers. It is extremely flexible with supporting various kinds of media formats and is hence preferred by many over other media players in the market. The Kmp external codec libvlcjni.so cpu arm64-v8a helps enhance KMP better and helps with supporting other media formats that you might not be able to access without this codec. Hope this article helped answer all your queries. Feel free to ask other queries in the comment section below.
KMP is the abbreviation of K-media player. This is a popular streaming medium similar to VLC media player, that supports various video and audio formats. It helps with streaming large video files without losing the actual video quality. It has options to edit media and adjust the speeds as well.
Kmp external codec is an add-on library to the K-media player which helps with supporting other special media formats. So, if you find it impossible to play certain media in KMP, having this codec library might solve the issue.