Here we are providing the solution of 0x800706be error and how to fix this error in Windows 10. Get all the valuable information about 0x800706be.
Microsoft announced Windows as an operating system on 10th November 1983. Windows was named after the rectangular dialogue boxes which appear on the screen while displaying the information. Initially, Windows was designed as a graphical user interface for MS-DOS.
Table of Content
List of Windows versions:
- Windows 1.0
- Windows 2.0
- Windows 2.1x
- Windows 3.x
- Windows 9x
- Windows NT
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 and 8.1
- Windows 10
Windows 10 is part of the Windows NT operating system and was introduced on 15th July 2015. It is a successor of Windows 8.1.
Key Features of Windows 10:
- Windows 10 interface can be accessible in both ways, one using a keyboard and the other in Tablet mode which is a touch interface.
- Also, The Windows 10 is incorporated with universal windows platform apps which are applicable for all the Microsoft devices including PCs, tablets, smartphones, XboxOne etc.
- Windows 10 has a web browser known as Microsoft Edge.
- The Windows 10 offers a Switchable Virtual Desktop system for the users to switch between two virtual copies of desktops. For example, with Remote Desktop access, the user can manage the tasks between two desktops.
The above image shows how the working windows share the screen space.
- There is an option called Task View, where the user will see all the working windows opened up on the screen and tries to switch in between them.
- Users can use FingerPrint and Face recognition features for their respective logins. This attribute is called multi-factor authentication.
- Windows 10 is supported with Xbox Live integration, where Xbox app will enable us to search the game library. And Game DVR is available by using a keyboard shortcut for the users to save their 30 seconds of the game as a video and this can be shared on Xbox Live, OneDrive etc.
- Windows 10 is employed with a voice-based activated program called Cortana. This is supported with both voice and text input. Features offered are reminders, searching for files, playing music, launching applications and setting reminders for emails.
- Start menu is designed in a new format, with a list of places and other options displayed to the left side and applications on to the right side. The start menu can be expanded into a full-screen display or resized.
- Snap Assist in Windows 10 allows the users to utilise their screen space efficiently by organising all the working windows on the desktop.
- Windows 10 has removed Charms (a bar containing five shortcut keys like Search, Start, Share, Devices and Settings) and their usage is included in App commands menu on the title bar.
- Action Centre in Windows 10 will list down all the notifications and settings.
- Windows 10 offers extra security features, such as Device Guard where admins can set up their policies for the encryption of sensitive data and applications accessing the encrypted data.
- Windows 10 uses the Win32 console.
- Linux distribution is supported by Windows 10 and Ubuntu can be installed on Windows 10. We can execute a Bash shell and 64-bit command-line programs in this environment.
- Windows 10 offers a safety feature called Microsoft Family Safety, where the family members will have the advantage to check the usage of the computer when their children try t. Parents will also get weekly email reports about their child’s computer usage. This is known as parental control.
- Windows 10 provides the WiFi Sense feature, wherein it enables the users to get connected with internet from public hotspots and wireless local area networks.
- By default, Windows 10 installs Candy Crush Saga and Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
See also: Netspeedmonitor windows 10
Disadvantages of Windows 10:
- Users personal information is shared to Microsoft for better performance of the system.
- Updating of Windows 10 in old computers will lead to system crashes and will take a huge amount of time in solving those errors.
- There are mixed reviews on touch interface in Windows 10.
- Cortana is getting behind in the race because of the competitors like Google, Siri, Alexa etc.
Apart from the above disadvantages, below is the description given for the error code popping up while updating the Windows 10.
Windows 10 Update Error 0x800706be:
An error code 0x800706be is popping up while updating Windows 10. This error explains that there is an occurrence of a failure in the Windows 10 update. Hence the update is not happening properly. This error will come up even after rebooting or updating the windows multiple times and the reason behind the failure of an update is due to the corruption of Windows update components.
Below are the fixes in resolving the Windows update error code:
Resetting the Windows components in the command prompt:
Delete the old files and reset the components has helped in solving the issue in many of the cases.
Follow below steps in deleting and resetting the windows components:
- Click on Windows key.
- Type command prompt in the Windows Start Search.
- Then right-click on the Command Prompt from the search results and select run as administrator.
Deleting the old files:
- Type1 net stop wuauserv and press Enter.
- Type2 net stop cryptSvc and press Enter.
- Type3 net stop bits and press Enter.
- Type4 net stop msiserver and press Enter.
- Type5 ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old and press Enter.
- Type6 ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old and press Enter.
Resetting the Windows components:
- Type1 net start wuauserv and press Enter.
- Type2 net start cryptSvc and press Enter.
- Type3 net start bits and press Enter.
- Type4 net start msiserver and press Enter.
Now close the command prompt and update the Windows again.
Error code 0x800706be will also appear because of corrupted registry entries. To clean the registry entries, there is no such inbuilt cleaning software in cleaning the registries. We can opt third party tools in repairing the registers. CC Cleaner is one of the tools which can scan the registries.
Steps to clean the registry:
- Type CC Cleaner.com and download the CC Cleaner setup wizard into a folder.
- Open the CCleaner setup wizard in the folder and add the utility to Windows.
- Open CCleaner and click Registry to open its registry cleaner utility.
- Select all the checkboxes of the registry and press the Scan for Issues button for scanning.
- Select Fix Selected Issues option to clean the registry and then click on the Yes button to back up the registry.
- Now click on the Fix All Selected Issues button.
Select Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Click on the Cortana to open that app’s search box.
- Type the keyword troubleshooter in the search box.
- Select Troubleshoot to open a list of troubleshooters within the Settings app.
- Select Windows Update option and press on Run.
- Thus the troubleshooter will display the issues and provide resolutions.
Fix the corrupted system files:
Windows is incorporated with a System File Checker utility that scans and repairs corrupted files. Steps to repair corrupted system files using System File Checker in the Command Prompt are as follows:
- Open the Command Prompt as administrator by pressing the Windows + X hotkey and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Before scanning with the System File Checker, enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth in the command prompt and press Enter. Note that the Deployment Image Service tool might not work if the Windows Update client is broken.
- Enter sfc /scannow and press Enter to start a System File Checker scan.
- The scan will take up to 30 minutes and after its completion, a command prompt message will tell you if Windows Resource Protection has fixed anything or not. If WRP repairs your files, restart your computer.
- Restore Windows to a Restore Point
Restore Windows to a Restore Point:
Restore window will restore your system to an earlier state. This will move back your windows to the error 0x800706be state, when it actually occurred.
Below are the steps to restore the error:
- Open the Run accessory in Windows by clicking on Windows + R shortcut.
- Type rstrui in Run and then click OK to open the System Restore window.
- Press the Next button on the System Restore window.
- Click the Show more restore points option to view all the restore points.
- Choose a restore point which describes your error.
- Try to press the Scan for affected programs, to check what software gets removed for a restore point.
- After selecting the restore point, press the Next and Finish buttons. And the Windows will restart at the restore point.
Above steps will try to fix the error code 0x800706be while performing Windows 10 update. Hope the users will find a fruitful solution out of these above-mentioned steps.