Samsung’s A7 tablet is one of the most sales products in the world. It was incredibly popular for its design and product choices. It is one of the most affordable tablets that can be used on the market. A7 has very few to low specs with which it could survive the pressure of modern applications. Because the tablet was one of the most sold-out tablets. It had some troublesome features on it like Samsung’s Knox security app. In this article, you will learn in detail How to remove the Knox file from the Samsung A7 tablet?
Samsung’s A7 tablet is a modern trend tablet. It is not equipped with cutting-edge technology like Apple’s iPad series. However, it still holds on its own with its low-bit processors and speed specs. A most common reason why the tablet is incredibly popular is because of the deal with the Indian government. Where the Uttar Pradesh government of India, has decided to give out free tablets to university students. As a part of their, digital upbringing strategy for India 2022. You will find that the tablets provided by the Uttar Pradesh government of India are Samsung A7 tablets. This is a good thing for Samsung as it boosted the sales of an already popular affordable tablet.
The one big issue however in the Uttar Pradesh government of India given tablets is the Knox file of Samsung. This means that they can access any information on your tablet remotely from their IT hub. This is a major breach of privacy and is one of the biggest downsides of using tablets. If you are someone who is a student of an Uttar Pradesh government of India university. Then we would suggest you do not use the tablet as it is given to you. Instead, you should learn How to remove the Knox file from the Samsung A7 tablet. In this article, we are going to see this topic in great detail and show you the full potential of your Samsung A7 tablet. Let us get started, shall we?
What is the Knox file on the Samsung A7 tablet?
Samsung has its version of the Privacy breach application. It is the one handling your device’s autosave and file privacy corruption. If you are someone who likes using the Samsung tablet and find that it is lagging a bit. It Is most certainly because of Samsung’s Knox file. It is a file that finds the data and transfers it over the area of data to the office. For example, if you are someone working in an office. Then on your Samsung device, your IT team in your Admins can channel your device work through. Which in simple words means that they can see anything that you do and use on the Samsung device. This may be for the reasons of malfunction or office workflow.
Although if you are given a device from a company. You are not allowed to use personal apps like social media or beauty apps on it. However, this also means that all your photos, documents, videos, camera, and microphone can be bugged. This is disturbing and a very big breach of the privacy of human beings. This may be acceptable in an office setting, but it is certainly not acceptable in government-given tablets. You cannot use these tablets under pretense. Before we learn about How to remove the Knox file from the Samsung A7 tablet. Let us have a look at some of the problems that you might face while using your device.
Here is a list of things they can access using the Knox file:
- Your Enlisted data and contact information are stored on your device.
- Also, Your apps with remote access and portals.
- Your photos, videos, and any other multimedia file.
- Your Documents, files, and other digital documents.
- Plus, Your Lock screen and wallpaper.
- Your Camera and Microphone are bugged.
- Your device has Bluetooth and WIFI remote access.
All of these files and documents are freely accessible to your IT admin. You cannot stop it or halt the transmission in any way or method. You are also not able to know what data they are using and what they are not. If you want to file a complaint, you can do it on the forum. However, it is not very often that people get reviews or replies from people. These reasons alone are why you might want to know How to remove the Knox file from the Samsung A7 tablet? Let us learn about some other adverse effects on the Samsung A7 tablet because of the Knox file.
Adverse effects of the Knox file on the Samsung A7 tablet:
- Slowing down the tablet speed considerably. Your tablet will never run to its fullest potential. Your Knox file will always be active on your device, in the background.
- Make problems when you are using some of the Applications and not being able to run them properly.
- Battery health and life will degrade significantly. You will not be able to stop or put an end to it. The use of Lithium-ion batteries makes this worse as the heat is not channeled and is very problematic. You cannot use it properly and your overall tablet’s lifetime will be decreased.
- Your data will constantly be transferred. This means if you are someone who uses data as the mobile plans. Then you will lose it significantly. There is no way of stopping the Knox file data transfer.
These are problems that you will face while using the tablet. These are overall damaging to the already problematic product. This is made worse if you are using the Samsung A7 tablet by the Uttar Pradesh government of India. Before we see How to remove the Knox file from the Samsung A7 tablet? Let us see some of its major problems:
Limitations if you use the Uttar Pradesh government of India given Tablets:
- Your wallpaper and lock screen will have the photos of the leaders of the Uttar Pradesh government of India.
- Your files and data will be sent off to the Uttar Pradesh government of India.
- You will not be able to download apps other than set apps from the Play store. Also, You will not be able to download some very big names from the Play store.
- You will not be able to log in with your Gmail or mail ID.
- No apps or services will be viable to be used on the device.
These can be annoying and disturbing. Not only your privacy and data but also your freedom to use the device is being taken. You might want to learn How to remove the Knox file from the Samsung A7 tablet? So that you will not have to face such an issue in the Samsung A7 tablet.
How to remove the Knox file from the Samsung A7 tablet?
Now that we know everything about the Knox file and all the issues you might face on the government tablet. Let us learn How to remove the Knox file from the Samsung A7 tablet? Before we get started you will need to do a few things so that we can make this a linear step. You will find this to be a complete guide. So, follow the steps properly and you should be able to do everything properly. Let us begin:
Necessary steps before starting:
- You will need a computer or laptop.
- Next, You will need a USB C Type cable, that can connect your PC to your tablet.
- You will require a WIFI or Mobile Hotspot.
- Also, You will need to download Samsung FRP on your computer.
- You will need to download Adobe PowerShell on your computer.
- You will need to download Samsung_USB_Driver_v188.8.131.52 on your computer.
Click to Download the tool
Part 1: Connectivity:
- Go to the Settings and in the About Phone.
- Open to software information and tap on the built number 7-8 times to open developer options.
- Click on the developer options and click on OEM locking, enabling the toggle.
- This will unlock the Boot locker. Reset your tablet. Delete all the files and do factory settings.
- Connect your Samsung A7 tablet with your Personal computer using the USB-C type cable.
- Connect your Samsung A7 tablet with your Personal computer using the WIFI or Mobile Hotspot.
- Boot up and come to the Welcome Page of your tablet.
Part 2: Samsung FRP on your computer:
- Install Samsung FRP on your computer.
- Install Samsung_USB_Driver_v184.108.40.206 on your computer.
- Open the Samsung FRP on your computer.
- Click on the Disable Driver Signature and then click Ok.
- Then Click on the Bypass FRP.
- You will see that it will show “Launching browser event”.
- After this on your tablet, open the Google Chrome browser.
- Search VnROM on Google Chrome.
- Go to the first website and scroll down until you find the app “Quick shortcut maker”. Download and install it. Give permissions to install it on your tablet.
- Open the “Quick shortcut maker” app and search “Android Setup”.
- Scroll down to find the “setup wizard activity”. Hit the Try button.
- Turn your WIFI Off.
- Select your Samsung services and agree all on your tablet.
Part 3: Adobe PowerShell on your computer:
- Open your settings and find the software information. Tap on the built number 7-8 times to open developer options.
- Turn your Wifi on, without internet.
- Click on the developer options and click on Wireless debugging, enabling the toggle.
- Click on the Pair device with the pairing code. This code is dynamic, so make sure that this code is not changed.
- On your computer, open the Adobe PowerShell app.
- Inside the right-click and select open Adobe PowerShell window.
- A Blue window will open where you will be able to enter the commands.
- Enter the following command first. “
./adb pair ip-address:port”. Enter only the IP address that is showing on your tablet.
- It will ask you to have a pairing code. Enter the code showing on your tablet. Your tablet will be paired to your computer.
- Enter the following command second. “
./adb connect ip-address:port”. Enter only the IP address that is showing on your tablet.
- It will ask you to have a connecting code. Enter the code showing on your tablet.
- Your device will now be connected and ready to do the final part.
Part 4: Adobe PowerShell Shell Disable Knox:
- In the same file enter the command “./adb shell”. This will create a shell for making an instance. Reflect it on the tablet.
- A Dollar sign will appear.
- Enter the last command: (If you wish to disable or uninstall choose one)
for disable >>>>> “
pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.enterprise.knox.cloudmdm.smdms” , for uninstall >>>>> “
pm uninstall-user --user 0 com.sec.enterprise.knox.cloudmdm.smdms”. Exit the Powershell.
Using this will successfully help you in making sure that you remove the Knox file from your tablet. This is the easiest method to know How to remove the Knox file from the Samsung A7 tablet? This article was focused to make sure that you can remove all the problems from your Knox file.
If you find more incoming issues then check out the FAQs that we have listed below.
A.01) Yes, you can using the command for uninstall >>>>> “pm uninstall-user –user 0 com.sec.enterprise.knox.cloudmdm.smdms”. But it would be really problematic if you update your device. Knox would come back. So we would suggest disabling it.
A.02) Yes, feel free to change the profile picture as much as you like. The Lock screen and wallpapers will also be available for you to change. You can use them as you like.