Table of Content
- 1 ADB install apk
- 2 Step by step instructions to Install APK Using ADB Commands
- 3 Downloading APK files Using ADB Commands
- 4 Method to Fix “adb not recognized” Error
- 5 ADB Update APK from the command line:
- 6 Conclusion
ADB install apk
How to ADB install apk is used and applied on your android gadget or device. If you need to that how to android apply an update from ADB and unfortunately ADB is not recognized, then fix is also available in this article.
Step by step instructions to Install APK Using ADB Commands
Other than sideloading APK on Android gadgets, you can likewise install APK utilizing ADB commands.
Usually, people install apps from the Google Play Store on to their Android gadgets or installing applications by signing into their Play Store on the PC and introducing Standalone applications from the SD card by authorizing the Unknown Sources choice in the device settings.
Most of the Android users can be grouped into this class since it is the basic method to install applications. Imagine a scenario where the UI of your gadget crashed and you can’t get to any applications on your gadget.
Therefore, to get into the device installation(ADB install apk) of third-party applications is required, you need to download the launcher application APK on your PC. If the Google Play Services has crashed (this normally happens when you attempt to mod your gadget), you can’t download the application from Play Store by any means.
All things considered, the ADB acts as the hero. ADB is the abbreviation for Android Device Bridge which acts as a link between your PC and Android gadget. You can download applications through these ADB tools, however, it isn’t just limited to installations, the applications of ADB devices are far more and are irrespective of one’s knowledge about Android, people will learn about its significance.
Don’t Miss: ADB Sideload apk
- Proper Device drivers should be installed
- Either set-up ADB and Fastboot on your PC, or download the ADB and Fastboot SDK Platform-Tools.
- Enable USB Debugging on your gadget.
Downloading APK files Using ADB Commands
- Let’s prepare the fixings, draw-out all the ADB files to a directory on your PC and the APK file you need to introduce.
For instance, consider we are installing WhatsApp.
You ought to have the following files:
- Now open the CMD inside the ADB folder by holding the Shift key and Right Click
- Connect your gadget to the PC and type the command to check whether your device is being identified by the PC or not.
When the device gets recognized you will see the output :
- If your gadget doesn’t appear under the List of gadgets, check the device drivers on your PC and return.
- Now write the command to installs the application from your PC:
adb introduce <app name.apk>
Where the “app name” is the name of the application you’re introducing.
- If it shows the process is successful, the apk is effectively installed on your Android gadget. There are likewise numerous choices for the ADB installation:
- adb install -r <app name.apk> [The – r alternative enables you to re-introduce or update a current application on your device]
- adb install – s <app name.apk> [The – s will let you install the application into the SD card]
- Just like installation can be done with ADB. Uninstallation of an application is also possible. Use the command:
adb uninstall <app name.apk>
- Keep in mind to uninstall an application, you have to remember the whole bundle name like com.adobe.reader.
Method to Fix “adb not recognized” Error
ADB or Android Debug Bridge is a CLI, a portion of the Android SDK and Platform Tools. It makes a bridge that makes communications possible between your Android gadget and PC. The absolute and most significant Android customizations can be done using ADB commands. Some of the functions of ADB are: bootloader fastening, custom recover installation, booting your gadget to recovery or fastboot mode, introducing APKs, and so forth. Among the large scale or errors, the most widely recognized one is “adb not recognized” as a command, operable program or batch file.
Let us see the different techniques to fix this “adb not recognized” error.
Fix “adb not recognized” Error
When the ADB command isn’t verified by the Command prompt or PowerShell due to missing variables related to the Android SDK this kind of error occurs. To fix this “adb not recognized” error, make sure to initially fulfill requirements.
- You ought to have the most recent form of Android SDK and Platform Tools.
- USB Debugging should be authorized on your gadget: Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number multiple times > Go back to Settings > Developer option > Tap on the USB Debugging switch.
The above two mentioned points are just the initial settings one needs to complete. These won’t completely resolve the issue but will minimize it.
To solve the error completely a step by step guideline is provided.
Missing Environmental Variables
- Click on the Windows symbol and go to Advanced System Settings.
2. Next, click on Environmental Variables. Just beneath settings, it will be the last option.
3. Under the equivalent, you will see two segments: User Variables and System Variables.
4. Double-tap on the Path key, inside the system variables section.
5. Click the Browse option, when the edit environment variable will come-up.
6. Navigate to the area where you have introduced the ADB and Fastboot parallels and select the platform-tools folder and click on OK.
7. The chosen variable will be effectively added to the environment variables. Click OK and close the dialogue box.
8. Under Environment Variables check the system factors. The path segment will likewise be having a recently included variable path. Close this dialog and close the System Properties exchange by clicking on OK.
The error for missing environmental system variables has been rectified and implemented effectively. The “adb not recognized” error has been fixed now successfully.
Check the adb error fix
There are two techniques for checking whether you have effectively rectified the error for “adb not recognized error” or not.
The first includes the utilization of Command Prompt while the subsequent one is through PowerShell Window. For both these strategies, you will initially need to explore inside the ADB and Fastboot’s platform-tools directory.
Evaluate any of the two underneath techniques:
- Using Command Prompt: Open the CMD; command prompt window inside the platform-tools folder. Command Prompt window will pop once u hit the enter button. to get a list of all ADB commands and their functions and utilization type the keyword adb inside the CMD. In this situation, the fix for “adb not recognized” error has been effectively executed.
- Using PowerShell Window: To open PowerShell inside the platform-tools folder, press shift key along with right-clicking on the mouse inside the folder. Open PowerShell by clicking on the option that says Open PowerShell here. Enter the adb command and if u get an output of a list of all ADB commands, you know that the adb not recognized error is fixed successfully.
ADB Update APK from the command line:
In case you’re updating a pre-installed application, you can utilize the – r switch: adb install – r ‘TheAppName.apk’. There is additionally a ‘ – s’ switch which attempts to install the apps on the SD card.
In some cases it might happen that the that ‘adb install – r’ command is not working. What does this demonstrate? This tells you that the apk name provided by you in the command isn’t the update to the pre-installed one in your gadget.
‘adb install – r’ should work properly for updating apks only for the marked apps with the same Keystore.
Sometimes re-installation of apps may lead to a loss in data of previous versions. To avoid this use the command ‘adb install – r’ along with the path of the apk directory.
Using ‘adb install -r <apk path>’ keeps the previous app data and just re-installs the apk.
Other alternatives available for adb install:
- -l: Install the package with forwarding lock.
- -r: Reinstall an existing app, keeping its data.
- -t: Allow test APKs to be installed.
- -i: Specify the installer package name.
- -s: Install the package on the shared mass storage (such as sdcard).
- -f: Install the package on the internal system memory.
- -d: Allow version code downgrade.
Procedure to batch install multiple apks:
- put all your downloaded .apk records into one single directory
- attach your Android gadget, and ensure it’s recognized (use ‘adb devices’ to list all associated gadget)
- open a CMD/PowerShell, and change to the folder where your .apk files are located
- run for the document in *.apk; do adb introduce $file;
- observe all the applications getting installed.
‘adb install -r c:\’
Hit enter and it will update all the APKs with one single adb install command.
Hope you get ADB to install apk also you apply update from ADB and got the solution if ADB is not recognized in this article very well. You can add your own comment and reviews on it below.
Sharing is caring