Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime: Samsung has moved into the low and mid-range market segment via the J series. And the current article briefs about the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime smartphone and its predecessors.
Samsung Galaxy J7 (2015):
Samsung Electronics released its first Samsung Galaxy J7 in 2015. It is a mid-range smartphone which is easily accessible.
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (2015) has a glossy display with a 5.5-inches screen size. It has a super AMOLED display with a capacitive touchscreen producing 16 million colors. It has an HD screen resolution with ten multi-touch points. The smartphone back cover and frame are made of plastic and glass at the front.
- Galaxy J7 (2015) is powered by an Exynos 7850 chipset embedded with a built-in octa-core processor 1.5 GHz Cortex A53.
- This smartphone operates with an Android 5.1 (Lollipop) operating system and can be upgradable to Nougat (Android 7.1.1).
- Galaxy J7 (2015) carries 1.5 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage. It has a dedicated micro SD slot for expandable memory up to 128 GB.
- The main camera of Galaxy J7 (2015) supports 13MP with f/1.9 and 28mm wide-aperture lens, and the selfie camera comes up with 5MP with f/2.2 and 23mm wide aperture lens. The selfie camera has an LED flash. The rear camera consists of attributes like pro-mode, LED flash, and panorama. The images captured by the main camera are bright, and the wide lens will make the pictures to be shot in-depth, and even the low light images are decent. There is no lag in switching between the gallery and camera.
- This smartphone has a 3000mAh removable battery. The ultra saving mode option in the settings makes the phone battery last for two days.
- Galaxy J7 (2015) is a single SIM smartphone (microSIM) and has connectivity to wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, FM, NFC, and micro USB port for charging. The audio jack of 35mm slot is located at the bottom of this smartphone.
Additional key features
- The sensors integrated into this smartphone are proximity, accelerometer, and ANT+.
- The most significant aspect of this smartphone phone is gaming. This contains a gaming processor called Mali T-720MP2. Galaxy J7(2015) is a gaming smartphone. Both the mid and high-end gaming can be played in Galaxy J7(2015). Users can play high-end games like Asphalt 8 using both medium and high graphical settings.
- Galaxy J7 (2015) is released in colors like white, black, and gold.
- The display of the Galaxy J7 (2015) is not adequately sharp, and the smoothness of the back surface makes the phone a bit slippery sometimes.
- There are no auto-brightness, gyroscope, and temperature sensors.
- Compass is not available on this smartphone.
- No fingerprintscanner.
Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016):
In 2016 April, Samsung Electronics introduced Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016).
Configuration and pros:
- Galaxy J7 (2016) is designed with a removable back panel, metallic frame, and a metal-finish plastic back cover . It makes the device rigid and easy to handle.
- This smartphone comes with a super AMOLED capacitive touch HD display of 5.5 inches screen size, which exhibits 16 million colors.
- Galaxy J7 energized by an Exynos 7870 chipset with 1.6 GHz octa-core processor and executes with an Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) operating system and can be upgradable to Android8.0.
- This smartphone comprises 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage. And there is a dedicated slot for expandable memory.
- The battery of this smartphone is 3300mAh, which is a removable one. Ultra saving mode in this smartphone will help the battery long last by closing all other applications in the background.
- The main camera is 13MP, f/1.9, and 28mm aperture lens with some extra factors like LED flash, pro-mode, panorama, and HDR. The selfie camera is of 5 MP and f/1.9 aperture lens with LED flash. There is no over-sharpening or over-saturation of colors in the pictures taken by the rear camera. The images capture better, even in low lights .
- High-end games can be played over this smartphone even by setting in high graphical settings. There is no frame drop and lag while playing higher and mid-end games. This is achieved by the gaming processors Adreno 405 and Mali T-830MP2.
- Galaxy J7 (2016) has a single SIM (microSIM) and has connectivity to 3G, 4G wifi, BlueTooth, GPS, FM, NFC, and USB OTG port for charging. The audio jack of 35mm slot is located at the bottom of this smartphone.
- This smartphone is available in the market with a price of ₹11,800 in colors like white, black, gold, and rose gold.
- Sensors like gyroscope, auto-brightness, fingerprint, and temperature sensors are not present.
- No backlight for capacitive buttons.
- The LED flash for a selfie camera looks like a more static light than a flash.
- In very low lights, the images by the rear camera are not at all clear.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime:
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime launched in August 2016. This is the first smartphone with an aluminum metal chassis.
- Galaxy J7 Prime designed with a back cover made of aluminium or plastic, and an aluminium frame. The front glass display has corning gorilla glass protection. It looks good in the hand.
- The display is having a screen size of 5.5 inches with a 4k resolution. This smartphone uses a TFT capacitive touch screen instead of super AMOLED. It showcases 16 million colors.
- Galaxy J7 Prime is charged by Exynos 7870 chipset with a 1.6 Hz octa-core cortex A-53 processor.
- This smartphone functions with an Android 6.0.1 operating system and is upgradable to Android9.0.
- Galaxy J7 Prime has 3 GB RAM and internal storage of 32 GB with an expandable memory slot of 256 GB.
- The rear camera of this smartphone contains 13MP with an f/1.9 and 28mm wide aperture lens and a selfie camera of 8MP with an f/1.9 aperture lens. The main camera handles features like pro-mode, HDR, LED flash, and panorama. Low light pictures by rear camera are also pretty much decent. The front camera has a special characteristic called palm selfie mode. The selfie gets clicked by showing the palm to the camera, and even selfies look good with ample details.
- It has a 3300mAh non-removable battery. There is a possibility to increase battery life by enabling ultra battery mode in settings.
- Galaxy J7 Prime has a dual SIM (nano-SIM and dual stand by) and has connectivity to 3G, 4G wifi, BlueTooth, GPS, FM, NFC, and USB OTG charging port. An audio jack of 35mm is provided for audio.
- Gaming goes well in this smartphone because of a higher graphical resolution processor Mali T-830 MP1. Users can play higher-end games without any lag and frame drops.
- Finally, Galaxy J7 Prime holds the fingerprint sensor, which scans up to three-finger prints. Other sensors like accelerometer, proximity, and ANT+ are available.
- Galaxy J7 Prime is available in colors like black, gold, and rose gold with a starting price of Rs 7,499.
- Gyroscope, auto-brightness, and temperature sensors are not present in Galaxy J7 Prime.
- No backlight for capacitive buttons.
- The Galaxy J7 Prime runs on Android 6.0.1, wherein the user will have an option to disable the application instead of uninstalling it.
- A TFT display will cause a glitch if the user applies a little bit of force while touching the glass. These chances are less in super AMOLED.
- This smartphone does not support fast charging.
Galaxy J7 Prime successor versions which were launched in 2017 and 2018 are as follows:
- Galaxy J7 Pro (2017)
- Galaxy J7+
- Galaxy J7 Max
- Galaxy J7 Core
- Galaxy J7 V
- Galaxy J7 Sky Pro
- Galaxy J7 (2018)
- Galaxy J7 Duo
- Galaxy J7 Prime 2
- Galaxy J7 Crown
Hence, the Samsung Galaxy J7 series acts as a boon for the people who have a gaming thirst. To have features like high-end gaming, camera, call, and sound quality at this price range is really promising.
Other Useful Links: