Samsung Galaxy J3
Samsung Galaxy J3: Have you ever thought of associating a naming convention Joy after a mobile brand name? Then welcome to the family of Samsung J series, where J denotes Joy. In 2015, the launch of the first Samsung J series mobile has taken place. These are manufactured for low and mid-level users who are new to the smartphone world. Gradually the whole Samsung J series was discontinued by April 10th, 2019 by merging into Samsung A series. Let us discuss the features of Galaxy series by picking up a model name called Samsung Galaxy J3 and it’s variants.
Samsung Galaxy J3 (6)
Another name for Galaxy J3 is Samsung Galaxy J3 (6) which was introduced in 2015 November. This relates to a low-end smartphone. It is beneficial to beginners who want to step into the world of smartphones. And even the older generation can handle it comfortably.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy J3(6):
- Samsung Galaxy J3(6) has a fantastic super AMOLED and holdable display of 5 – inches with a resolution of 720×1280 pixels which showcases 16 million colours. The screen is pretty smooth and clean to browse the web content and other details.
- It has a removable battery capacity of 2600 mAh.
- The chipset is powered by 1.5 GHz Snapdragon 410 quad-core processor and has 1.5 GB RAM.
- Galaxy J3(6) runs with the Android version of 5.1.
- For pictures and selfies, the mobile supports 8-megapixel rear and 5 megapixels front cameras.
- Internal storage is 8GB and can be expanded up to 128 GB using a micro SD card.
- Galaxy J3(6) has a single SIM card slot. The user can even insert a Micro SIM card into the SIM card slot.
- This smartphone has connectivity to wifi, GPS, NFC, FM radio, 3G and 4G networks. Headphones and charging cable can be plugged into the headphone jack and micro USB ports which are provided at the top and bottom of the smartphone.
- Galaxy J3(6) is incorporated with proximity and accelerometer sensors.
- Galaxy J3(6) is comfortable for low-end gaming.
- This is the most budget-friendly smartphone which has a starting price of Rs 4,999 in India and also available in Gold, Black and White colors.
- Users experience a bit of lag in mid-end gaming. High-end gaming is not at all possible in Galaxy J3(6) as it becomes more laggier and leads to a crash of the game.
- At night times and low lights, the camera of Galaxy J3(6) is terrible and laggy. The image turns out to be blurry because of less focus and not so sharp compared to daylight.
- Galaxy J3(6) responds in slow pace if the user opens more apps in the background. So, better to operate the phone with fewer applications.
Samsung J3 Pro
In June 2016, Samsung introduced a new variant called Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro in China. It was released in the colours like Gold, Black and White with a price tag of Rs. 7,990 in India and $121 in the USA.
Features of Galaxy J3 Pro
- Galaxy J3 Pro has a beautiful AMOLED display of 5 inches with HD resolution, enabling capacitive and multi-screen touch. Screen exhibits 16 million colours.
- It runs with Android 5.1 (Lollipop) operating system and embedded with Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset which has a built-in 1.2 GHz quad-core processor.
- Galaxy J3 Pro has a removable battery capacity of 2600mAh.
- This smartphone comes with 2GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage . It can expand up to 256 GB using Micro SD card.
- The Main camera and selfie camera supports 8 MP, f/2.2 and 5 MP, f/2.2. The rear camera of Galaxy J3 Pro includes factors like LED flash, autofocus, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection and digital zoom.
- Galaxy J3 Pro has built-in sensors like accelerometer, proximity, Gyroscope and light sensor.
- The SIM type is a dual SIM (one SIM card slot contains micro SIM and other is standby). It has connectivity to FM radio, GPS, NFC, bluetooth version 4.1, 2G, 3G and 4G networks. It supports a MicroUSB 2.0 port for charging and 3.5mm audio jack for audio purposes.
Don’t miss: Samsung Smart View
- Fingerprint sensor is not present in Galaxy J3 Pro.
- No waterproof protection for Galaxy J3 Pro.
- It does not help in fast charging.
- No infrared port.
- No compass, barometer and temperature sensors.
Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro (2017)
Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 has released in 2017 July with a starting price of ₹8,490.
Advantages of Galaxy J3 Pro (2017)
- Galaxy J3 Pro (2017) is a well constructed smartphone which fits conveniently in hand without a fear of breakdown. The screen size is 5 inches with capacitive and multi-touch features. It has an HD display which demonstrates 16 million colours. This smartphone is good for indoor and outdoor use and is quite faster on a daily basis unless the user runs with more background apps.
- The design of the Galaxy J3 Pro (2017) is unusual to Samsung designs as the speciality of this smartphone lies with the position of the speaker button which is located on the sides instead of the bottom of the smartphone and even the placement of the other buttons like power on, volume etc are perfectly designed in J3 Pro (2017). This device is produced in various colours like Blue, White, Black and Gold into the market.
- It uses an operating system of Android 7.0 (Nougat) and Oreo. And is upgradable to Android 9.0.
- A chipset called Exynos 7570 Quad powered with a 1.4Hz quad-core processor.
- Galaxy J3 Pro (2017) is configured with 2GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory which is expandable up to 256 GB using Micro SD card.
- The rear camera and selfie camera supports 13 MP, f/1.9 aperture lens and 5 MP, f/2.2 aperture lens. The main camera of Galaxy J3 Pro (2017) constitutes features like LED flash, autofocus, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection and digital zoom. Besides, Galaxy J3 Pro, china variant, J3 Pro (2017) has some extra aspects in the camera like panorama view and LED flash for the front camera which is located on the front top of the smartphone.
- The battery capacity of Galaxy J3 Pro (2017) is 2400mAh which is a non-removable battery.
- Galaxy J3 Pro (2017) has accelerometer, proximity and gyroscope sensors.
- Galaxy J3 Pro (2017) is a dual SIM smartphone. It has connectivity to FM radio, GPS, NFC, bluetooth version 4.1, 2G, 3G and 4G networks. It supports a MicroUSB 2.0 port for charging.
- Galaxy J3 Pro (2017) has a good sound quality with no distortions. It has a 3.5 mm audio jack slot at the bottom of the smartphone to connect the earphones or headphones.
- The 3D gaming experience and performance is great for this budget-friendly smartphone. In medium graphical settings, the user can enjoy more gaming experience.
- Fingerprint, compass, barometer and temperature sensors are missing in Galaxy J3 Pro (2017).
- Galaxy J3 Pro (2017) has no waterproof and dust protection.
- Galaxy J3 Pro (2017) does not help in fast charging.
- Infrared port in Galaxy J3 Pro (2017) not available.
- Absence of corning gorilla glass protection for the display of Galaxy J3 Pro (2017).
- Back light provision for Galaxy J3 Pro (2017) not present .
Differences between Samsung Galaxy Prime and Emerge
|Features||Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge||Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime|
|Release date||2017 January||2017 April|
|Display||Super AMOLED 5 inches HD resolution display with a capacitive multi-touch screen. Display supports 16 million colours.||Super AMOLED 5 inches HD resolution display with a capacitive multi-touch screen. Display supports 16 million colours.|
|Operating system||Android 6.0.1(Marshmallow)||Android 7.0 (Nougat)|
|Chipset||Octa-Core 1.4 GHz cortex A53, Qualcomm snapdragon 430||Samsung Exynos 7570 quad-core 1.4GHz processor.|
|Memory||2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage which can be expandable memory upto 128 GB.||1.5 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage which can be expandable memory upto 128 GB.|
|Camera||Rear camera is 5 MP and front camera is 2 MP.||Rear camera is 5 MP and front camera is 2 MP.|
|Battery||2600 mAh||2600 mAh removable battery.|
|Sensors||Proximity, light and accelerometer.||Proximity, light and accelerometer.|
|Connectivity||Single SIM (Nano-SIM) with wifi, 3G, 4G/LTE, GPS and Bluetooth. Charging is done using Micro USB.||Single SIM (Nano-SIM) with wifi, 3G, 4G/LTE, GPS and Bluetooth. It uses Micro USB for charging.|
|Price||Rs 8,999 or $120||Rs 4,490 or $60|
Both Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime and Emerge share some of the common weaknesses like
- NFC not present
- Barometer, gyroscope and temperature fingerprint sensors not present.
- Flash not available.
read also: Screenshot on SAMSUNG Galaxy Mobile || Fix error
Samsung Galaxy J3 (2018)
Samsung Galaxy J3 2018 has been released in the year 2018 June with a price of ₹8,999 in India and $149 in the USA.
Pivotal features of Samsung Galaxy J3 (2018)
- The display of Samsung Galaxy J3 (2018) includes a 5 inch IPS LCD capacitive and multi-touch screen. It has an HD screen resolution of 720×1280 pixels which displays 16 million colours. Design of this smartphone includes plastic back and matte finish. Edges and corners of this smartphone manufactured in such a way to make it less slippery. 3.5mm of audio jack port is located at the bottom of this smartphone.
- The internal storage of Samsung Galaxy J3 (2018) is 16GB .It can enhance up to 128 GB. RAM memory is 2GB.
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (2018) runs on the operating system Android 8.0 and has a removable battery capacity of 2600mAh.
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (2018) is powered by an Exynos 7570 chipset and 1.4 GHz quad-core A53 processor.
- The rear camera of Samsung Galaxy J3 2018 supports 8MP with an aperture lens of f/1.9 and 5MP front camera with an aperture lens of f/2.2. The main camera comes up with elements like 4 x digital zoom, auto flash, face detection and touch to focus.
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (2018) has a provision for dual SIM and connectivity to FM radio, GPS, GPRS, Bluetooth, Wifi, 2G, 3G and 4G networks. It supports a MicroUSB 2.0 port for charging.
- Gyroscope, accelerometer, proximity and compass sensors are integrated into Samsung Galaxy J3 (2018).
- Gaming experience is decent and users can also play PUBG.
- Fast charging is not supported.
- No fingerprint sensor.
- Price is high for its features.
- No gorilla glass protection for the display.
- The dynamic range of the camera is not so good, which forms the weakest point.
Samsung Galaxy J3 (2018) has other variants like Galaxy J3 top and Galaxy J3 V which are having similar configurations as Samsung Galaxy J3 (2018).
Samsung Galaxy J3 is a budget-friendly smartphone for all the age groups. It provides a solid platform with its features to use smart phone. Specially for those people who scared to enter the world of smartphones.