So you were trying to install a new app on Play Store, but it showed a Download Pending message. Moreover, it kept showing you the message and didn’t start the download. Well, that certainly is an annoying situation. But alas, easy to solve. And if you want to know how then just keep reading this post. You will surely get it solved after reading it.
Table of Content
- 1 Play store download pending
- 1.1 Solution 1: Managing downloads and updates
- 1.2 Solution 2: Checking your connection
- 1.3 Solution 3: Setting Date and time
- 1.4 Solution 4: Clearing cache
- 1.5 Solution 5: Clearing Download Manager cache
- 1.6 Solution 6: Checking for updates
- 1.7 Solution 7: Checking internal memory or SD card
- 1.8 Solution 8: Going for a new account
- 2 Conclusion
Play store download pending
Solution 1: Managing downloads and updates
The Play Store sure helps you to get new apps on your phone. But that doesn’t mean you should put too much on its plate. Too many downloads or updates at the same time can cause the whole process entire slow. Sometimes Play Store won’t even start updating or downloading stuff. And this is when you see the play store download pending flashed over your screen.
- Go to the main menu, where you can see all the apps that you have installed.
- Now, look for Playstore’s icon.
- Once you find it, open the app.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top-left side to open the menu.
- Choose the My apps & games option. It will probably be the first option on that menu.
- The next screen will show you the apps that are being downloaded or updated at the moment. Tap on the X button close to them to end the updating or downloading process.
- Next, proceed to download the app that you want right now.
Check out: Why does my phone get hot and How-To Fix
Solution 2: Checking your connection
This solution is more of a reminder for some careless mistakes. Like accidentally turning on the Airplane mode or turning off the Wi-Fi/mobile data during download. But there are also instances when the internet speed is just too low. Or perhaps you may be in a location where your internet connection goes slow.
One of the solutions for these kinds of issues is just turning the mobile data off and then on again. Whereas, sometimes you have to go to Download preferences on your device and then set it to Over mobile network and Wi-Fi. This procedure varies a great deal from phone to phone, so look up how to exactly do it on your phone.
Solution 3: Setting Date and time
The previous solution and this one do share some sort of similarity. It is probably the fact that this one is aimed at fixing a trivial mistake as well. But don’t worry. These kinds of things happen to everyone. And there isn’t a single person who has set there date and time wrong. Regardless of whatever caused this, you have to fix it in order to solve your current problem.
- Get to the main menu to take a look at all the apps available.
- Look for the cog icon of the Settings app. Tap on it after finding it.
- When the app opens, scroll down till you see the Additional Settings option.
- Choose Additional Settings.
- Now the select the option called Date & time.
- Your device will probably have the Automatically Set Date & Time button turned on. If that is the case, then toggle it off
- When you do the step above, a Set time option will appear below. Give it a tap, and you will be able to set the date and time.
- Take this opportunity to manually set the date and time right.
- Go back to the app that you were installing and check if the issue still persists.
Solution 4: Clearing cache
Clearing the Play Store’s cache is one of the best methods to solve your issue. If the list was based on the effectiveness of each method, then this one would have taken the top spot. But unfortunately clearing the cache does not come to everyone’s mind. Moreover, there are even people who don’t know how to clear the cache. Clearing cache comes in handy for a lot of apps, and you should know it, but if you don’t, then we got your back. The basic procedure is actually the same, and you will know what to do as soon as you perform the steps below.
- Once again, go to the main menu and find the Settings app.
- Open it quickly and then look for the App manager. Do note that this app has different names on different phones.
- Choose the App Management option.
- Now, you will see several apps on the list shown on the screen.
- Look for the Play Store and give it a tap.
- But if you don’t see it then go for the System Processes option. Again, this option will have a different name in different versions as well. Anyway, this option will get you all the pre-installed apps and even background processes on your phone.
- Find Google Play Store and select it.
- Choose the Storage Usage option, and this will let you tinker around with the memory of the app.
- Choose the Clear cache option, and you are good to go.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 5: Clearing Download Manager cache
The download manager is pretty much responsible for everything that you download. It keeps records of whatever you download and makes sure that the download ends up successful. So, if something goes wrong with it, your download may get messed up. Hence, it’s worth a look.
The steps of this method are almost identical to that of the method above. Just open the Download Manager instead of Google Play Store in the 5th step and 7th step.
Also read: How to fix IMS Service has stopped
Solution 6: Checking for updates
Without a new update, your system will lack some of the new files necessary for various purposes. And one of them is downloading. So to keep your device healthy all around and to keep downloading stuff without any interruption, update software from time to time.
- Look for the cog icon of the Settings app. Tap on it after finding it.
- Scroll till you see the Software update option and then open it.
- On some phones, you won’t be able to see this option. In that case, choose the About phone option, and you will probably find the Software update option in there.
- If an update is available, then waste no time to install it.
- But if no update is shown, then search for updates. And install them if you find any.
- After updating your device, go to the play store and try installing the app again.
Solution 7: Checking internal memory or SD card
Not having enough space on your phone will definitely prevent downloads. Hence you are left with no option but to delete some files and make some space. There are a bunch of ways in which you can do this, and one of them is given below.
- Just like the cases above, get to the main menu and then proceed to open the Settings app.
- Now, scroll till you see the Storage option.
- If you never see such an option, then look for the Additional Settings option instead.
- Open the Additional Settings and then you will see the Storage option. Now, tap the Settings option.
- There will be tabs for both internal memory and SD card.
- Choosing the former will let you take a look at all the photos, videos, documents, and other files on your device. Furthermore, you can even see your apps, as well. And you may choose to uninstall them or just clear their data, and cache.
- Choosing the later will show you all the files on your SD card. Apart from files of every format, you will also be shown unidentified file types which you should delete. Moreover, there will also be a Format option that will clean your SD card.
- Delete the items that you deem worthless and make enough space for your app.
- Now go to the Play Store and try installing the app again.
Solution 8: Going for a new account
Resort to this method if all else fails for play store download pending. The error may be caused because of some permission issue with your account. So all you have to do is use another account. Although it sounds like a big deal, the actual steps are very simple.
- Open the Settings App just as you did in the methods above.
- Scroll down to the Accounts and Sync option. In some smartphones, the option will be known as Accounts while just Sync in others.
- Tap on that option, and the smartphone will show the various accounts that your phone runs with.
- Now, choose your Google account.
- In the next screen, there will be a Remove button at the bottom-right part. Select the Remove button, and the account will be taken off from the phone.
- Next, go back to the Accounts and Sync page and choose the Add Account option.
- Enter the details as necessary and sync the new account.
- Finally, go back to the Play Store and try installing the app once again.
Don’t miss: Message+ keeps stopping: Let’s fix it
Now you have got a lot of methods that will help you get out of play store download pending tight situation. But do keep in mind that the procedures may vary slightly from phone to phone. And with that, there is nothing further you need to know. So, download that app already. Good luck.
I am Suraj Suresh, an aspiring mechanical engineer. I’m from a small town, Thiruvanvandoor from Chenngannur, Alappuzha, and I intend to go big with some kind of startup one day. A part-time job is not a new thing to me, even before writing I did catering and decoration gigs. Being a somewhat smart kid from a middle-class family, I do have the desire to look for new opportunities that help me grow and become better. I am honest, friendly, practical, and straightforward. Despite relying on writing for a while now, I do plan to switch to engineering design works as soon as possible.