Table of Content
ok google not working
ok google not working: Google Assistant by using the wake-up words like Ok Google, Hey Google, Google, and the reply will be Hi, how can I help? Not working then this article will be very helpful for you.
Google Assistant is Google’s product and today, devices like smartphones, laptops, and tablets are released into the market with the Google Assistant installed. The initial version was introduced on May 18th, 2016. Basically, it is a voice-activated program which even supports text-based entries. It will interact with the user through the voice-based commands. Users can start the communication with Google Assistant by using the wake-up words like Ok Google, Hey Google, Google, and the reply will be Hi, how can I help?.
See also: Google TalkBack: How to turn it off?
Features of Google Assistant:
- It plays a major role in communicating with Google home devices.
- It collects the information from calendars, restaurants, directions, news and weather reports and provides them to the user.
- It will entertain all age groups by playing music and narrating stories.
- It will set alarms and reminders.
- It will open apps and go through the notifications.
- Google can understand the voice profiles of different people, with whom it is speaking and answer them accordingly.
Don’t Miss: Google Assistant Not Working
Apart from the advantages listed above, there are a few disadvantages too:
- Google Assistant will access a lot of information than what is required from the users.
- The biggest fear factor with voice-controlled programs is: they continuously monitor our personal information. Research is going on as to how to control this feature.
Apart from the above issues, one of the issues corresponds to the wake-up word Ok Google. This article explains the fixes made in the software when Ok Google voice command is not working.
read also: Headphone jack not working
Fixes for the voice-over command, Ok Google not working:
To check whether the voice command Ok Google is working or not, follow the below steps:
Check the Google Assistant is ON or not:
Check whether the Google Assistant is turned ON from the below points:
- Note: All the devices do not incorporate voice command like Ok Google. The first and foremost thing is that the user should check whether the Google Assistant for that particular device has been turned ON or not. To do so, press and hold the Home button of the Android phone.
- A message pops up on the screen saying Hi, how can I help? this ensures that the Google Assistant is ON.
- If the Google Assistant is disabled, then enable it under the Assistant devices.
Hey Google enabled with the help of Google Assistant:
- Press and hold the Home button on the smartphone.
- Click on the Explore icon which is at the bottom right corner.
- In the explore Window, select the profile picture at the top right corner.
- Now click on the Settings option and go to the Assistant tab.
- Under the Assistant tab, there is a section called Assistant devices, where the user can select the option phone or add other devices.
- Now turn ON the Google Assistant. This directs the user to say Hey Google.
- Hey Google will unlock the device automatically by enabling an option called Unlock with Voice match.
If the Google app version is 7.1 and below, the user will notice the Ok Google voice command to unlock the device. Now follow the below steps to unlock the smartphone with Ok Google:
- Repeat the above process by turning on the Google Assistant saying Ok Google and the device gets unlocked when it hears to the option Ok Google.
Hey Google enabled without the support of Google Assistant:
- Open the Google app.
- Go to the more option on the bottom right of the Google app and click on the Settings and then Voice and select Voice Match.
- In Voice match panel, enable the Hey Google, which directs the user to option called Access your Assistant with Voice Match.
- When the Google Assistant listens to the voice command say Hey Google it will unlock the device.
Google app update:
- See whether the Google app is updated or not. If not, install the latest version.
Battery saver and Adaptive Battery should be off:
- Sometimes there is a delay in the response from Google Assistant when the user says Ok Google. This is caused when the battery saver and adaptive battery is ON. So open the Settings and turn off the battery saver and adaptive battery by which the Google Assistant can respond to the user voice commands.
Prepare the Google Assistant to identify the user’s voice:
- By pressing and holding the Home button user can navigate into the Google Assistant via settings. Under Assistant devices select the phone option, which opens an Adjust setting for the Assistant window on this device. Under this panel, go to Voice Match and enable Hey Google option.
- Now click on the option called Voice model under Hey Google and select Retrain voice model. This directs the user to say Ok Google and helps the Google Assistant to identify the voice in unlocking the device.
Recording the user’s voice without Google Assistant:
- Go to the settings via more option which is at the bottom right of the Google app and click on Voice. Go to Voice match under voice panel and enable the option Hey Google. This directs the user to the next step called Access your Assistant with Voice Match.
- Now record the command Ok Google in a quiet place. This encourages the Google Assistant to identify the user’s voice and unlocks the screen.
Verify the language settings:
There are chances that the language which the user speaks might not get understood by the Google Assistant or the language settings are not proper. To select the language settings to follow the below steps:
- Open the Google app and select the more option on the bottom right of the screen.
- Go to the Settings and under settings, select the option Voice.
- In voice, go-to languages. After selecting the languages, the user finds a pop-up window containing many languages with a checkbox beside.
- Now click on the desired language.
This process will explain the Google Assistant to understand the user’s language.
Disable the installed S Voice on Samsung mobile:
Samsung users will try to use Google Assistant rather than S Voice or Bixby installed on their mobiles. There are no particular reasons for the customers in preferring the Google Assistant. So, if the user wants to access Google Assistant on Samsung, make sure that the other voice-based programs are disabled. To disable Bixby or S Voice, give a long press on the app and disable it.
Companies are striving to bring and communicate all the voice-activated devices on one platform which creates a new era on the internet of things and makes the homes as a smart home. Hope ok google not working starts working now.