With the advancement in customizing mobile interfaces, more and more popular ways of garnishing your phone are on the run. The screen wallpaper is one of the things which highlights your personality. Research says people set their wallpapers with something which matches their personality the most, rather than setting something random. However, these days, people have started shifting to using video as the wallpaper on their Android phones.
To be specific, the Google Play Store is a warehouse for some fascinating and most desirable live wallpaper applications. So what do these third-party apps do? These applications put before you an insane number of live wallpapers to set. You can customize any one of them on your device according to your choice. However, besides live wallpapers, you can also set your very own video as your phone’s wallpaper as well.
This is the greatest perk of Android live wallpapers. There are many apps that will let you use your video as wallpaper. Today, we will be talking about a few ways how to use a video as the wallpaper on your Android phone. We will discuss the steps of how to do it using the various third-party apps. Also, we will suggest alternatives. Make sure to follow till the end. So, let’s get started right away.
Setting a Video as Live Wallpaper on Android
Here, you will know how to use a video as wallpaper on your Android phone. For this, you can install any good and reputed third-party app available in the market. For now, you can consider installing the third-party app called ‘Video to Wallpaper’. Honestly, this app is a bit simpler and the method involved is very easy to figure out by yourself. But to avoid any unwanted errors, we are helping you to catch up with the steps. Go through the steps below and use them to set any video as a live wallpaper on your phone.
Steps to apply a live wallpaper as Android wallpaper
- Step 1:- Open the ‘Google Play Store’ on your phone.
- Step 2:- On the search bar, type ‘Video to Wallpaper’ (as said above).
- Step 3:- Download and install the app.
- Step 4:- Open the app. When the Home page shows up, look for the ‘+’ icon in the extreme bottom right corner. This icon will let you add a video.
- Step 5:- Selecting the ‘+’ icon pops up a new menu. Now, tap on the ‘Choose’ option. This will enable you to choose a wallpaper according to your wish from the device’s internal storage.
- Step 6:- Select a video if you want to set a video as the wallpaper on Android. Confirm your choice by tapping on ‘OK’.
- Step 7:- The wallpaper of your choice will appear on the Home screen. Just tap on the ‘Apply’ option.
- Step 8:- A set of instructions on how to use a video as the wallpaper on your Android phone will appear. You have to tap on ‘OK’.
- Step 9:- On the following page, select the video which you want to set as wallpaper.
- Step 10:- Now, the ‘Preview’ window will show up. Here you can preview the video wallpaper in full-screen mode. For this, you will find the ‘Preview’ option in the top right corner.
- Step 11:- Tap on the ‘Set Wallpaper’ option if you are satisfied.
- Step 12:- When you select the ‘Set Wallpaper’ option, you will be prompted by the app in which way you want to set the video as wallpaper. The options available will be either applying the video wallpaper to your phone’s Home screen or applying it to both your Home screen and Lockscreen. Among these two options, you can choose only one.
After this, whatever option you choose, the changes will be reflected on your phone. If you want to change the wallpaper with some other video, just follow from step 4 onwards.
How can I set a video as a live wallpaper on a Samsung phone?
Some people consider installing third-party apps as some sort of exploitation of privacy. For them, Samsung has a feature of allowing users to set a live wallpaper of their choice without installing any third-party app at all. If you own a Samsung Galaxy model, follow these steps to apply a live wallpaper to your Android phone:-
- Step 1:- Open your gallery and select the video which you want to apply as wallpaper.
- Step 2:- Next, tap on the triple dotted menu seen in the bottom right corner of the window. You will be prompted with a menu.
- Step 3:- In the menu that appears, tap on the ‘Set as wallpaper’ option.
- Step 4:- Once again, two options will be displayed on the screen. One is ‘Lock screen’, and the other is ‘Call background’. If you want to set the live wallpaper for your lock screen, select the ‘Lock screen’ option. If you want to set it as a background while calling, select the ‘Call background’ option. Also, keep in mind that this live wallpaper feature allows only videos of a duration of fifteen seconds.
- Step 5:- Check if the video you selected as the live wallpaper is longer than fifteen seconds. If it is, look for the ‘scissor’ icon on the video. Crop your video to fifteen seconds and then select ‘Set on Lock screen’ to set it as your wallpaper.
However, if you are making a video of your live wallpaper without using any third-party app on your Samsung phone, you will not be able to set it as wallpaper for your ‘Home’ screen. It’s either for the Lockscreen or the Call background.
So, this was just the basics of how to use a video as the wallpaper on your Android phone. But apart from this, you can also find other alternatives as well. So, let’s dive into the next part of this article.
Alternative ways of setting a Video as a Live Wallpaper on your Android phone
Use- Any Video Live Wallpaper app
This is one of the alternatives to the ‘Video to Wallpaper’ app for setting live wallpapers. This app is also very efficient and does things perfectly. However, it might disturb you with some ads, but it is a bit simpler than others. The user interface of this app just displays two buttons that will do the work for you.
The steps to set a video as your phone wallpaper using this app are as follows:-
- Download and install the app from the Google Play Store and open it.
- Tap on the ‘Video’ button option to select the video of your choice to be set as the live wallpaper.
- Next step, in the screen that follows up, tap on the ‘Set wallpaper’ option.
- Again you have to choose among two options whether it should be applied to your Home screen or both the Home screen as well as the Lockscreen.
Use- Video Live Wallpaper app
This app is also another alternative you can try out. Nevertheless, this app will provide you with some more customization options as well. Firstly, you have to download this app from the Google Play Store. You can select the video, trim it and then apply it as the wallpaper from the app itself. Moreover, you can also enable or disable the background noise and scale fit it according to your wish. If you want to set a solid color as static wallpaper, the app offers you a ‘Color’ option.
The few drawbacks of this app? Firstly, it is the user interface. It appears outdated. Secondly, the video selection tab does not look ideal at all. It could have been enhanced. And lastly, a few ads will pop up and stay at the top which degrades user-friendliness.
Use- Wallpapers free app
You will readily get this app on the Google Play Store. Just download it to get started. The ‘Wallpapers free’ app comprises a wide range of living as well as static wallpapers which might suit you the most. This will also effectively let you add your own video as a live wallpaper for your phone. However, the steps require a careful read. Go through them as mentioned below:-
- Open the ‘Wallpapers free’ app after installing it from the Google Play Store.
- On the top left corner of the Home screen, you will find a ‘Hamburger’ icon. Tap on it to open the consolidated menu.
- Move down and tap on the option ‘Photos and videos on your device’ from this menu.
- Now you will be prompted with a message to allow it access to the photos and videos on your device. Just allow the app by tapping on the ‘Accept’ button.
- Now, pick any video of your choice that you want to set as your live wallpaper from the internal storage.
The app is extremely useful for the purpose you are going for. Besides providing a vast selection of static and live wallpapers, you can also set two static wallpapers simultaneously to be displayed in a rotational manner. Your Home screen wallpaper will change every time you open it.
However, there are a few drawbacks of this app as well. Firstly, finding a suitable video to set as your live wallpaper can be a bit difficult. This is because the video browser is a bit old-fashioned. Moreover, too many ads cause major interruptions and this is a matter of concern for the app’s developers.
Use- Video Wallpaper app
The ‘Video Wallpaper’ app is one more suitable option if you are wondering how to use it as wallpaper on your Android phone. The process involved is not very complicated at all. You are just away from a couple of taps. The steps to set a live wallpaper using this app are as follows:-
- Download and Install the ‘Video Wallpaper’ app from the Google Play Store.
- You will see a tab consisting of videos from your device storage. You can use any one of them as your live phone wallpaper.
- Select a suitable video of your choice. When you do this, an ad covering the full screen will show up. Remove this ad to carry on with the further steps.
- After this, you will be offered some options which will help you configure your live wallpaper. You can either scale fit it to the screen or enable and disable the audio as per your wish. A double tap on the live wallpaper will toggle between starting and pausing the video.
- Tap on the ‘Set as launcher wallpaper’ option when you have selected a video for your wallpaper. Preview it carefully to see if it is what you wanted it to be like.
- Select the ‘Set wallpaper’ option to confirm your choice. Once again, you can set this live wallpaper on both your Home screen as well as your Lock Screen.
The only drawback of using this app, it allows too many ads which disrupt users.
Live wallpapers are capable of giving your phone some aesthetic appeal, aren’t they? You can use some video that recaps your favorite old memories. If you are a Samsung user you might not need to download any third-party apps. But downloading third-party apps can provide you with many more configuration options. Here we discussed some of the most popular and reputed apps you might feel useful for this purpose. Try this out and see if it works out for you. We hope you find this article useful.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, why not. Some Android devices come with preloaded live wallpapers. You can set anyone from them by running over these steps- Go to the ‘Settings’ menu -> Tap on ‘Display’ -> Select the ‘Advanced’ tab -> Go to ‘Wallpaper’ -> Select ‘Live Wallpapers’.
It’s possible, however a little bit intricate. Open TikTok -> Choose a video of your choice -> Tap on the triple dotted menu on the top right -> Select ‘Set as wallpaper’ option. The complicated part is you have to download the wallpaper plugin from Google Play Store.
This is one of the cons of setting a video as a live wallpaper. It tends to increase the screen brightness and might drain your battery very quickly.