It’s not alone in android, any smartphone you buy will have some pre-installed apps or bloatware that is built into the partition with the ROM. Most of the smartphone manufacturers such as Xiaomi, Realme, Redmi Samsung, Oppo, etc by default provide us with plenty of unnecessary system apps on our phones. In Android devices, these apps reside in the system>app folder which is a read-only folder. you would hear people saying that the user can’t delete these preloaded apps. But it’s not true. The easiest way to delete these apps is by rooting your device but this can make your phone lose its warranty. Any damage caused to your mobile with rooting is irreversible.
These pre-installed applications vary according to the model, version, and price of your phone. some of these might be useful such as youtube, Gmail, and Facebook and on the other hand, some apps are not used by us. It might be running in the background which consumes the battery. A few days after you purchased your mobile you will be installing a lot of apps as per your need. So when your storage limit exceed you will have a problem removing some apps from your device. So we will scan through all the apps which we were not using for a very long time . Here comes some of the unused pre-loaded apps which are occupying your android phone storage and battery. In such cases, we will look for an option for How to uninstall System Apps on Android.
Types of Bloatware on Android
What is Bloatware?
Bloatware also named as system apps that keep running in the background could make your device lag in its efficiency and slow down the processes. So people are looking for options to completely delete this bloatware from their phones. Some of the common bloatware are games apps, sports app, health, and fitness app, messaging apps, money payment related apps, music apps, etc.
Types of Bloatware
Third-Party apps-These apps can be easily uninstalled and installed such as prime music, share chat, Spotify, Facebook, Daily Hunt, etc
Manufacturer apps-Most of these can’t be uninstalled but can only be disabled. some of them are Gamespace, Themes, Realme store, Browser, Mi pay, etc.
Google apps-most of these can’t be uninstalled but can be disabled to make your phone secure .some of these apps are Google photos, Google Maps, Google Messages, Google TV, Gmail, Youtube, Google Duo, Google News, Chrome, etc.
Enabling/Disabling preinstalled apps
The easiest form of getting preinstalled apps to stay idle on your phone is by disabling them from functioning and also uninstalling any updates related to that specific app. Once you disable these apps it no longer drains your battery not occupy any memory from your phone’s storage. When you need it back you can enable it again. Follow these steps to enable or disable pre-installed apps on your android smartphone.
Disable preinstalled apps:
- Go to phone settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Under General click on Default apps or manage applications.
- A list of preinstalled apps will appear. Select the app which you need to disable.
- Click on Disable to stop it from functioning.
- A pop-up appears and makes sure to click on disable option.
- If you want to reuse the same app in the future make it enable.
- Go to phone settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Select manage applications or default apps.
- Select a particular app and disable it.
- While clicking the app it shows the app info page.
- At the top right corner click on three dots.
- Select uninstall updates.
- Select OK and confirm it.
How to Uninstall System Apps on Android Without Root?
This is the safest way to uninstall system apps from your device. It requires no rooting of your device.
- First of all, to start with this process you need to enable developer mode on your phone. Go to the settings>About phone >Build number>Tap on it 7 times>Go back >Additional settings >Developer option is enabled.
- If you didn’t find developer options in Additional settings Go to system >Enable developer options > Enable USB debugging.
- Next connect your android device to your computer through a USB cable and select transfer files.
- On your system go to developers.android.com.
- Download SDK platform-tools from google’s official page.
https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools.Choose the version of your PC as per the processor windows 64 bit or 32 bit and download accordingly.
- It will be downloaded in a Zip folder, extract these files and save in a folder named Platform Tools.
- Download Universal Android Debloater from the GitHub page .https://github.com/0x192/universal-android-debloater.
- Click on tags and download the file. Copy the downloaded file inside the platform-tools folder. From this directory, we need to open a terminal .so in the address bar type cmd and press enter.
- Once your command prompt is opened, To check whether your android device is connected to the PC enter the command ADB devices. You will get the list of devices attached and your device serial number.
- The final step is to open the universal android debloated file that resides in the platform-tools folder. Run the file and it starts pulling all the bloatware or system apps from your device that are safe now for uninstall. You will get these applications with the package names such as com.google.android.calendar. Make sure you uninstall the right package that is no longer needed for you. You can uninstall the entire system apps by clicking on the option select all and uninstall. If you mistakenly uninstalled an app you can restore it by clicking on the restore option. Follow these steps and you can uninstall system apps without requiring root
How to Uninstall system apps on android without a PC?
The above method to remove system apps from your smartphone is made possible with the help of a Personal Computer. So if you want to do the entire process only with your phone without rooting or not using your PC you need to download two applications to do this. The first app is a package viewer to find the package name of your application. The second one is LABD -Local ADB Shell.
- Enable developer options on your phone. Go to settings>About phone >Version or Build Number>Tap on it 7 times >Go back and click on Additional Settings >Developer option is enabled.
- Go to the Google play store and install the Package viewer application.
- Also, install LADB -Local ADB Shell
- Now open the LADB App. You will be asked to enter pairing information such as port and pairing code. To get the pairing information Go to settings>Additional Settings>Developer Options>Enable Wireless Debugging Option
- Tap on wireless Debugging and Click on Pair device with pairing code. you will get the WiFi pairing code which you need to enter this number in the pairing code field of the LADB shell pairing information page. Below the WiFi pairing code, you will get the IP address & port details. Enter the last 5 digit numbers after the colon and enter this number in the port field of the LADB shell pairing information page .click on ok.
- You will be notified as Wireless Debugging Connected.
- The next step is to find the package name that you want to uninstall. suppose I want to uninstall a music app that comes pre-installed on my phone I would go to the package viewer application and search music in the search bar. you will get the package name of that music system app. Tap on the app and copy the package name.
- Go to the LADB shell command. To uninstall the app enter the following command.
pm uninstall –user 0 package-name
For example to uninstall the music system app from my mobile the command I use:
pm uninstall –user 0 com. miui.player
- Go back to your apps screen and you will not find the app which you wished to uninstall.
How to Uninstall system apps rooting android device?
Rooting your device requires installing an application from the Google Play Store. It is probably going to let your device work with the utmost efficient processing power and capability without draining the storage and battery of your device. There are lots of applications available for rooting your device. Make sure to select one which works fine for your device. Rooting gives you the superuser power of your android device where you will have much more control over your phone.
At the same time rooting also involves a lot of risks to your phone if you are not a developer. Though rooting allows you to access the OS and provides an extendable functionality that is provided by the manufacturers Be aware of the risks before rooting the device. Following are the steps to root the device using the system app remover tool. It is one of the latest tools used to remove system apps .sysstem app remover not only removes apps that are preinstalled but also removes the apps that the user installed.
- Install the system app remover app from Google Play Store
- Open the app and grant full access permission to your device by tapping on GRANT.
- you will get the list of all system apps from your device. Select the app which you want to remove and click Uninstall
- For confirmation click Yes
- It starts uninstalling the apps that you selected.
- Reboot your phone once and it’s done
There are plenty of reasons that you might end up uninstalling system apps. But
every phone has its built-up functionalities and features that differ from each other. so uninstalling apps also varies across phones depending on their version and models. There are multiple methods to uninstall system apps and all apps don’t need the same method. some apps require much of your system resources while others are not some apps are mandatory for your device functioning which is stubborn in getting removed from your device. Whatever you try some apps that are used for the operations of your android can’t be removed.
If forcibly removed you might end up in improper functioning of your device some apps require admin privileges where you will not even get the option to disable it. You need to try revoking admin privileges to such apps by disabling Device admin apps. You need to be very careful in trying every possible method as it may have some impact on your device if something is done wrong.
Your smartphone is one of your possession that you can gain complete control over it as an advancement of technological innovations. we shifted from Button phones to touch phones and now we have come far away from using the smartphone. Once you buy a smartphone There are a lot more options to explore in your android phone on daily basis. One among them is uninstalling system apps. This article helps people who are irritated by seeing the preinstalled apps on their new phones. The choice is yours. You can try any of the above methods and uninstall unwanted system apps and have complete control over them.
Some system apps are not good to uninstall as it is a part of the proper functioning of the device. If you uninstall such apps you will find your system not working correctly. It’s better if you can disable these apps so that they don’t occupy any storage space or doesn’t run in the background.
Some apps require admin privileges to uninstall. So it can be uninstalled in the normal manner. To uninstall these apps do the following before uninstallation.
1. Go to the settings of your phone
2. Click on security
3. Select Device admin apps
4. select the app that you had like to uninstall from the list and revoke its privileges
5. Then you can uninstall the app normally.