Memes are a very generic part of our society now. You can find memes everywhere. If you use any social media platform like Instagram or Facebook. You will find tons of memes available to make you laugh and educate. Do you want to know how you can save mini videos for your phone? Want to learn how you can save GIFs in your WhatsApp chats? Do you want to learn how you can make your videos into GIFs? Want to execute how GIFs are sent over messages and chats? Click here to find out the ways how to save GIFs on your iPhone.
Memes are the modern-day versions of templates. Memes are an internet sensation. Everybody likes them and everybody shares them. Even the older generation seems to be into it. You will find memes to be not bound by just images anymore. Memes have transcended the boundaries of just images with text written over it. Our modern-day pages and channels share memes of all kinds. They can be images, videos, audio, or even short clips in the form of GIFs.
GIFs are becoming more popular in the days that are going by. These are short compressed videos in a pixelated format that boomerangs itself which means it repeats itself after it is finished. GIFs have no audio in them and are of 5-6 seconds of video segments. Most of the popular memes and videos on YouTube have converted into GIFs because they are short, concise, and send the message we want to deliver. They have different sarcastic tones to them.
In iPhones, we find memes everywhere. It can be on social media platforms or even in our WhatsApp messages and chats. We can find them on websites or even just casually search for them in the Safari web browser. The main problem comes while saving them. If you try to save a GIFS you saw in the Safari browser the same way as you save an image file to your gallery then it will appear as a static photo.
This will cause trouble as your GIFs will not be saved like this and be not useful to you. Then what should you do? How can you save GIFs.? Well, in this article we are going to teach you just that and guide you on the steps to save your favorite GIFs on your iPhone. Let us see the details.
What are GIFs?
The GIFs or Graphics Interchange Format is a type of image format which makes videos into a pixelated format and loops them after they end. It has an 8 bits per pixel format for the single frame of the GIFs and saves more space than a regular-sized video. It does not have any sound whatsoever which makes sending and receiving GIFs very easy and data-friendly. If you have a video, you can convert it into a GIFs very easily. It supports the color palate from the 256 different colors of the 24-bit RGB color space. You can use GIFs to have a quick short clip to be animated.
GIFs can also be made by combing a bunch of images. In basic terms, all GIFs are simple frames of images running through at a very high speed and also loops together to make the video to be in an endless cycle. They are compressed by the LZW lossless compression data method which helps to make the space taken by GIFs to be very low compared to the original video or set of images.
GIFs can be used to make small animations that are useful to dictate point-to-point statements or to make them into low-resolution videos. GIFs are an extremely popular source of media. These are used widely over as messages on Instagram, WhatsApp, or iMessage or used as social media memes on social media websites like Facebook, Tumblr, or Reddit.
Methods for how to save GIFs on your iPhone
Now that you know what GIFs are and how they are an important part of today’s social media communication. You will need to learn to make them on your own iPhone. Don’t worry, it is not that difficult it is quite simple if you ask us. Making GIFs are a lot easier than saving GIFs on your iPhone.
Let us assume that you already have the video or images you want to convert into a GIF, You will need to have a GIFs converter into your iPhone. If you don’t want to download a GIFs converter or a video editor then don’t worry, we will teach you to make a GIF by using your own WhatsApp app. Yes, you can use that to make your GIFs too. Now, let us guide you with the methods of how you can make your videos into GIFs by using your iPhone.
Method 1. Use a GIFs converter website
You can use a simple GIFs converter website to save or create GIFs and keep them in your files for sharing. One of the best websites that we suggest you make quick GIFs is ezGIFs.com. You can use it to make GIFs from existing videos, take videos, or a set of images. Let us see how you can use ezGIFs.com to convert your videos into GIFs and save them on your iPhone.
Steps to save GIFs on your iPhone
- Go to the Safari browser from the home screen of your iPhone.
- In the search bar, search for ezGIFs.com.
- On the website, select the tab named “Video to GIFs”.
- A Video to GIFs Converter will appear. Upload your existing video or images to the convertor or take new ones on the spot. You can also paste a URL of a video to convert them.
- Click on the Upload video button.
- Click on the convert button.
- Select the tab “To GIFs”.
- You can now edit your video. Choose settings like time frames, FPS, or any other method before you convert the video into a GIFs.
- Click on the Convert to GIFs button.
- Click on the Save button.
- Download the GIFs and save it to your files app. You can now share the file to any platform you need easily by clicking on the share button.
With this, you would be able to successfully convert any video or set of images into a perfect GIF. You can save it to your files app or share it to any social media platform by clicking on the share button and sharing it to the respective app.
Method 2. Use the WhatsApp app
You can use also use the WhatsApp app to save or create GIFs and keep them in your files for sharing them on your favorite social media platforms. We wanted to give you a guide with such an easy app that you must already be familiar with and know how to use on your iPhone. So, we chose to explain to you how you can use the WhatsApp app of your iPhone to convert your videos to GIFs and save them to your files app. Take note that with this method you will not be able to make GIFs with a set of images.
In WhatsApp, you can only make GIFs out of preexisting videos. So, if you want to make GIFs with a set of images then proceed with method 1. Now, let us see how you can use the WhatsApp app to convert your videos into GIFs and save them on your iPhone.
Steps to save GIFs on your iPhone
- Navigate to the WhatsApp app from the home screen of your iPhone and open it.
- Click on the Status tab given below in the quick access menu.
- Click on the camera button in the My Status option given at the top of the Status menu.
- Select the Gallery button given at the left of the white circle button.
- Select the video you want to convert into a GIFs from the gallery.
- You should see the GIFs button in the editing section of the video. If you do not find it then your video is too long to be made into a GIFs.
- You will have to shorten it to bring it to the size. You can also edit your video here before converting it into a GIFs.
- After the GIFs button appears, click on it.
- Post the GIFs as the status of your WhatsApp.
- Click on the options of the status. It is the button available in the right of your status with the three dots (***) as its icons.
- A pop-up menu will appear, from it click on the share button.
- Scroll down to the tab called “Save to Files” and click on it.
- Save to your iPhone or wherever you want.
- You can also share it to any platform by directly going into the share screen.
- Delete the GIFs from your WhatsApp status.
This way you can easily make a GIF from your WhatsApp app without any hassle. Though you will not be able to use the feature of making GIFs from the set of images this is still a very useful way of making and saving GIFs to your iPhone.
How to save images from Safari?
Now that you know how you can make your GIFs and save them on your iPhone. Let us see how you can save GIFs that are made by others on your iPhone. For this example, let us assume that you have found interesting GIFs on safari. Let us see the steps of how you can save GIFs from the safari web browser:
Steps to find GIF for iOS 11 and above
- Go to the Safari app.
- Find the GIFs you like and long press on it.
- A pop-up window will open. Click on the “Save to photos” button.
- Go to your Photos app. You will find your GIFs to be animated and available there. You can share it directly by clicking on the share button.
With this, you will be able to easily save GIFs over the internet in iOS 11 or above.
Steps to find GIF for iOS 10 or below
- Open the Safari app.
- Search for the GIFs you like and long press on it.
- After some time a pop-up window will open. Press on the “Save to photos” button.
- Open your Photos app. You will notice that the GIFs is in a static form and not moving. This is because GIFs are not supported in the Photos app of iOS 10 or below.
- Share the static image to the Messages app and send it to yourself as iMessage.
- Long press on the iMessage and save to files.
- From the files, you can very easily share with other apps by clicking on the share button.
Following these steps, you will be able to easily save GIFs over the internet in iOS 10 or below. As animated images are not supported in the iOs 10 therefore you should use them this way.
With this article, I hope I was able to solve all your problems and questions related to the topic of saving GIFs on your iPhone. You should save GIFs and share them with your friends as it keeps good hope between us. If you like you can also check out the Frequently asked questions (FAQs) given below to know some extra knowledge and solutions.
Yes of course there is plenty of GIF-making apps in the market that you can use to make awesome GIFs of all kind. Some of the best apps that you can use to make GIFs are GIFs player and GIFwrapped app.
Normally, GIFs are of 5-6 seconds. You can make your GIFs longer but they would be less engaging.