How to move pictures to sd card?
How to move pictures to sd card: Possessing an Apple iPhone may put you in a restriction of less storage, but thanks to the technology, that we landed inventing SD cards. I’m sure even if you are not an iPhone user, this article is going to be really helpful for you. Read the full article to know about SD cards and how to move pictures into an SD card.
Well, we all know that iPhones give you super less storage, and in today’s world, it’s challenging not to store large data on your phone. To overcome this issue, advanced technology and people have brought the SD cards that are external storage devices for your pictures, songs, or other files. Though this external storage device can’t store all the apps, it is a decent invention to have your pictures, videos, and other files handy.
The SD card is an abbreviated term of Secure Digital, which is a non-volatile memory card. It was invented by the SD card association for portable devices like smartphones or cameras etc. It basically comes in three categories, SD card, miniSD card, and Micro SD card. All of these are segregated according to the space they provide. Their space or capacity can range from 2GB to 128TB. To get into the process, you actually need to know how it all began that gave you this freedom of putting all your important data into a single device.
This helpful product was developed in 1999 under a joint association of three companies. These are SanDisk, Toshiba, and Panasonic, who later went into a nonprofit organization called SD Association. Today, this SDA has around 1000 companies as its members who have been given the rights to produce multimedia cards. These are licensed to make SD cards with specifications provided by SDA for better user compatibility under several names.
Now to proceed further, you need to know that there are three ways how to move pictures to sd card
1: if you have a Samsung smartphone.
- The very first step that you must take should be switching off your mobile phone.
- You need to ensure that your SD card is placed in its right position. Reversing the SD card by mistake may lead to detaching problems. In a few mobile phones, the SD slot is under the battery, behind the screen. Sometimes the SD card slot, maybe sideways.
- Now, launch/open the ‘my files’ app on your phone. To locate this app in a Samsung mobile phone, find the Samsung galaxy app drawer, click on it and look for the ‘my files.’
- Under the categories, look for images and tap it. This will lead you to your photo albums.
- Choose any album of your choice, whose photos you would like to transfer to an SD card.
- Click on a photo to select only one picture or else long-press the first picture once and then continue tapping the other images. Do this until you are done selecting photos.
- Now, click on the three-dot drop-down menu and look for the move option. This option will be on your top rightmost corner. Once you find it, click on it to move all pictures
- After you press the move button, you will get a storage menu. If you want to copy your photos in the SD card, press copy from the storage menu.
- Now, after this, you will get another menu of local storage, providing two options, device storage, and SD card.
- You need to press the ‘SD card’ in that menu to copy pictures into it.
- Now choose a folder of your choice in SD card. If you have purchased a new SD card and want to make a new folder, you can also do that using a ‘create folder.’
- After you are all done, press the ‘Done’ button on the top right corner of the screen. This will make the internal storage of your smartphone less bulky and move all the selected content to the SD card.
2: using stock Android
- The first step is always to ensure that you have switched off your smartphone.
- The next step is to insert the SD card and ensure that your SD card is in the right place and the proper orientation.
- Now, launch/open your mobile phone settings in order to get the menu.
- After opening settings, scroll up and down to locate the ‘storage and USB.’ This must be halfway in the settings menu.
- Now tap the storage and USB option, which will further give you a menu.
- Among multiple options, press the ‘internal shared storage.’ Many phones may have this option on the previous step itself.
- After choosing the internal storage option, find ‘images’ and click on it.
- This step will give you an album option. Then chose the album you would like to have pictures from to sd card.
- Now, choose all the pictures you want to transfer from your internal storage to the SD card.
- The next step is to press the three-dot button on the top right corner of the screen. Pressing this will bring a drop-down menu.
- Now you need to select the ‘move to..’ option to decide the destination. This tap will give you a list of options to deliver/ move the items from your mobile phone.
- If you want to make a copy of all those pictures in the SD card, then you need to select the ‘copy to..’ option. And then choose the destination of the photos.
- Now, choose the name of your SD card from the menu that will be displayed as soon as you click ‘move to.’
- After this, choose the folder on your SD card in which you want to store the pictures.
3: Using ES file explorer
- The first step should always be to ensure that your mobile phone is switched off.
- The next step is to insert the SD card. Also, ensure that it is in its right place and the right orientation.
- Now, open your Google Playstore and search for ES file explorer. Also, press the install button to download the file explorer app. Ignore this step if you already have the ES file explorer app on your mobile phone.
- Once you are done with the download and installation, open the file explorer app.
- Now scroll through the necessary introduction and reach the ‘start now’ part.
- Next, you will see an option, from which you need to select images that will be in the middle of the page. Pressing images will give you your photos list.
- Select the photo or multiple photos by long-pressing the first picture and then select others. Choose all the images you want to transfer to an SD card.
- Now look for the ‘move to’ button. You may have to find a three-dot button on the BOTTOM RIGHT of the screen sometimes to find this option.
- If you want to transfer a copy of the images, press the ‘copy to’ option.
- After this, you will have to select your SD card in which the photos will be transferred.
- Now, choose a folder of your choice in which you want to put all the pictures. And within a few minutes, your photos will be transferred.
4: using a personal computer
- Tether your mobile phone with your laptop or computer via the normal cable. Your computer will recognize your android easily.
- Now you will see an option to choose what to do with the connection., select a connection, and click on Media device MTP.
- The next step is to launch the file explorer on the laptop/computer.
- Then, find your Android device name and click on it.
- Now, you need to click the ‘internal storage’ folder twice simultaneously.
- Next, again click the DCIM folder twice simultaneously. It is a default folder in the device to store your mobile phone camera pics.
- Then, again press the camera folder twice simultaneously to open it.
- Now, choose all the photos you want to transfer to the SD card and right-click on them to get an option of a copy. Press the ‘copy’ option.
- Now you need to choose your android device again and then select ‘SD card.’
- The next step is to choose again a folder in which you want your pictures to be stored within the SD card.
- Now, right-click on the chosen folder and click paste.
- After this, you need to wait for a while for the completion of this transfer process.
- When this transfer process is over, eject your phone from the laptop, and your SD card is ready to go.
You also need to keep a few things in mind. For instance, you need to be careful while moving photos. Because the Google photos link is there and if you delete the pictures from Google photos, it gets deleted from the SD card also.
Also, if you click the three-dot menu, then press device folders. And then choose the photos you want to move to SD card. This will create a folder.
How to move pictures to sd card: It is a much better option to copy your pictures into the SD card than moving them. This is because the SD cards are very delicate and can be corrupted easily. If this happens, you can lose all your pictures.
Also, if the folder in which you are trying to move the pictures, has those photos already, you will have remained them. In such situations, you actually have three options, replace, skip, and rename.
The process of transferring the photos to an SD card is straightforward if you simply follow all the steps. Even if you don’t have it on your device and in Chrome, you can simply go to the download folder of internal storage and then follow the above steps.
read my more articles too: