As we all know, with an increase in technology in our day to day life, the security of everything is a must. Every private technology should be secured. We can achieve it with the help of a security key, which is used everywhere in our day-to-day lives—online banking, shopping, even in your accounts like Facebook, emails. We are talking about the network security key, which helps you secure your network, which is private. And if someone wants to use your network, he/ she has to enter the security code to login to your network. If your network is secured, your data will also be secured too much extend. So always remember to ensure your network with network security key.
Table of Content
- 1 How to find network security key?
- 2 Network security key
- 3 Types of the network security key
- 4 How to find network security key on a router?
- 5 How to find network security key in window 10?
- 6 How to find network security key in Mac?
- 7 Network security key mismatch
- 8 The reason why network security key mismatch
- 9 Conclusion
How to find network security key?
Hey guys, today we are going to discuss how to find the network security key. As with an increase in technology, it is a must to secure your private network for securing data as nowadays, data is easily leaked. The data we share with someone else should also be secured, so here we learn what network security key? How many types of network security keys are there and how to find it in the router, Android, Window, and Mac, which helps you to secure your private network so that no one another can use it. So don’t take risks to secure your private network with the help of the network security key.
Network security key
The network security key is a kind of password or code which helps you in securing your network that is wifi or wireless connection network. When you enter your security code on your device, it allows you to use the network which was secured by the code you have entered. Every network has a different security code because each one has its private network and code. It is very important to keep your network strong. So that, no one from outside can use your private network until he/she knows the secret code. The secret code of your network protects our system from unwanted access. Because anyone can misuse the network as crimes in cyber technology is also increasing day by day. So know how to find network security key in your devices and types of the network security key.
Types of the network security key
WEP stands for wired equivalent privacy, which is the oldest type of network security key. It is a security key that is used in wireless networks. Now the use of this security key is almost finished as it is less secure as anyone can easily crack the code in it. Nowadays, it is not accessed by modern routers and other devices.
It encrypts data between router and computer with the help of a 42-bit key. The nature of code in the WEP security key is taken from 0 to 9 and A to F. As the code length is 10, 20, and 30 depending upon the version of the WEP security key.
WPA stands for WIFI protected access, which is most commonly used nowadays to protect the wireless networks. With the WPA, we can put the password into our wireless network, which is set by the owner of the network. The updated version of WAP is much more secure. It is mostly used in high technologies that are WAP2, and soon WAP 3 will also be introduced.
In WAP2 AES algorithm is used, which is faster and has advanced features. It is mostly used for business purposes in which security is more important. No one can easily crack the code in WAP2 of your network, even the hackers. It is fully secured.
How to find network security key on a router?
Network security helps you to connect your network with a router so that you can easily take advantage of the internet. If you someone else tried to access your code or you forget it:
you won’t be able to access or take advantage of the internet in watching movies, playing games available online.
And many other things, you do with the help of the internet.
Now the question arises that how to find network security key in routers?
There is one sticker pasted with labeling when the user buys a router at the back of the router. Different routers of different manufacturers have different labeling on the router. In the labeling, you can find the default network key most of the time with the labeling of the password (key) or wireless password or WPA key.
You can also learn through the booklet you get with a new router when you purchase it.
And there is one method by going to default settings on its web interface.
How to find network security key in window 10?
If you are using Windows 10 in your pc or laptop, and want to know how to find the network security key in it. Follow the following steps:
Steps for finding network security in window 10
- Firstly to have to click right on the start menu of window 10.
- After that, a context menu will be displayed in front of you in it to go to the network connection option.
- Then you have to scroll it, and after scrolling, you will see the option of network and sharing center then click on it.
- After that, click on the network’s name on which you have to find a network security key.
- After that, go to the wireless properties option in it.
- Then click on the Security tab, and you will see that the password you have set is masked then click on show character you will see your network password. Then click on the connect option. Now it will show connected.
- This means that window 10 is connected with the wireless network.
With the help of these steps, you can easily find the network security key in window 10.
Read also: Chrome Virus Scan
How to find network security key on my android phone?
Steps for finding the network security key in android.
- Firstly to the setting of your android. Then in settings, click in wireless and network.
- After that, click on the option of the portable hotspot. Then click on the WIFI hotspot and click on it so that it can be enabled.
- After then go to the WIFI setting option in that you will get all the information about your network, whether it is open, WPA-PSK, or WPA2-PSK. Your network security key is the password that is masked.
- Through this, you can find your network security key.
- You can change your network security key that is password and then save it.
- You can easily connect any device with your hotspot by entering the network security key. Then, click inactivate so that the equipment connected with the tour hotspot network starts working. It will not be deactivated until you do.
With the help of these steps, you can easily find the network security key in your android device and how to activate and deactivate it.
How to find network security key in Mac?
Steps for finding the network security key in Mac
- Firstly you have to click in the search icon of Mac.
- In the search icon, you have to search for key chain access.
- After searching key chain access, a page will open, and at the top right corner, there is WIFI’s option of WIFI.
- In the option of WIFI, double click on the name of your network.
- Then select the show password option, and after that, you have to type the password of your Mac for finding the network security key.
With the help of these steps, you will be able to find the network security key in your Mac device.
read also: Avast Mobile Security For Android
Network security key mismatch
When you enter the network security key in router, windows, or android device for connecting it to the wireless network for accessing the internet. A code is needed for entering the security key, which is the combination of characters which users set if it is incorrect you will not be able to access the internet. If the security is wrong, that is a password. It will show mismatch that is it is not matched with the original password, which the owner of the network settings.
The reason why network security key mismatch
- The very first reason for security mismatch is the wrong password. You have to check security that is password twice always sometimes. There can be a typing error. We have to type something, and some other characters which are not required are clicked, which makes the password incorrect.
- Another reason for network security key mismatch is that in the device in which you have to access the network is not compatible with the web. Even if you are typing the right password, it will show mismatch message.
- And the mostly happened reason is sometimes hanging the router or your device hangs which also gives the mismatch message it is not able to accept it properly
At the end of the article network security key, I want to conclude that every private thing’s security is a must in this article. We are talking about the safety of the private network with the help of the network security key. And if you have a problem with finding the network security key in your devices. You can easily find the network security with the help of the steps mentioned above. In this article, we have also discussed the types of the network security keys and which one is better used in modern days to go through the article and apply a strong network security key in your private wireless network