Want to log in to your Apple Id after forgetting your password? Want to find different techniques for finding your forgotten ID? Click to find the detailed step-by-step guide on how to find my apple ID password.
Our iPhones are the tools we use for all the different activities we want to perform. If we want to stream movies, play games or listen to music everything we do on the device can be performed by other people too. What makes our iPhone unique is personalization. What is personalization you may ask? Well, it is the creation of unique features and preferences as we the user like. It is very important to personalize our device if we want to call it our own.
Whether it be making our favorite photo as our wallpaper or setting our own apps list. Everything you can do on your iPhone is personalization. Well, how does the iPhone remember our personalization when we change our device or just in general?
Apple has given us the value of personalization. It is the holding of the personification of your device. Plus, It is what makes your iPhone unique and cool. Furthermore, It is more than just an identification method, it contains all your data and is one step log-in feature, which provides you with all the personalized features of your iPhone. When you log in with your Apple Id you are logging in to your Apple iPhone or any other device.
Not only this it is also the bridge between multiple Apple devices, you can enter the same apple id into your mac, iPad, iPod, or any other Apple device to get immediate access to your content and apps. This is the way you make your way through and navigate through the Apple ecosystem. This is your vehicle to explore through your apple world.
It is very important to carry the keys to this vehicle. Well, these keys are your Apple id’s password. Your apple id is just able accessed by the use of this password, which can be effectively used to login into your Apple devices and connect them.
Multiple apps use your apple id to give you access to your content. Essential apps like App Store and iCloud do not allow you to use their features until you have logged in with your apple id. But what if you have lost your apple id? It would be a dire situation because Apple id holds a very important role in the usage of your iPhone. You need an apple id for almost any function of the iPhone.
Don’t worry, Apple has already thought about this and provided you with many solutions for you to get through this problem. In this article, we will guide you through all the different techniques you can use to regain control over your apple id and change or remember the password. Excited? Let’s see the details.
Table of Content
- 1 Method to find my Apple ID password
- 2 How to reset your password from someone else’s iPhone?
- 3 Conclusion:
- 4 FAQ:
Method to find my Apple ID password
Now there are different ways to find your password. They are all different scenarios depending on your situation. Well, worry not because we will guide you through all of them and give you detailed steps through each of them. You need to follow the ones that you find easy and comfortable for you.
Via resetting my password from my own iPhone
Now, this case is for the situation that you have the apple id logged in to your iPhone and you have forgotten the apple password. You must have the apple id logged in to the device that you are using and know the device’s passcode. You can use the steps for other apple devices like iPad, iPod touch, or Apple watch. Let us see the steps to change the apple id password from your own iPhone:
- Find the Settings on the home screen of your iPhone
- Inside of the setting menu, at the topmost point, you will see your profile picture and apple id name. Click on it.
- Your apple id profile should open up. Find the “password and security” tab and open it.
- Inside of the “password and security” tab, there you will find a button in blue named “change password”. Click on it.
- You will be asked to enter the passcode or password of your iPhone. Enter it.
- You will now see the “Change Password” menu, in it you will find the two entry fields with New and Verify-in it. Enter both fields. Choose a strong 8-digit password.
- Hit the change button is given above to confirm your new password.
This is how I can very easily find my apple ID password in my own iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, or Apple watch using just my device’s passcode.
Via reset your password from your Mac
Upon the situation of that, you have the apple id logged in to your MacOS Catalina or later and you have forgotten the apple password. Proceed with this method to very easily change the iPhone passcode. The apple id should be logged in to the device that you are using and you should know the device’s password. Let us see the steps to change the apple id password from your own MacOS Catalina or later:
- Go to the Apple menu from your Mac.
- Open the System Preferences in the Apple menu.
- Find the Apple ID given at the top of System preferences and open it.
- In the apple id profile, search for the “password and security” tab and open it. If you are using an earlier version of macOS then, you can find this screen in the iCloud > Account Details > Security button.
- Inside the “password and security” tab, you will find the button named “change password”. Click on it.
- It will ask you to enter the password of your Mac. After you enter it click on ok.
- In the “Change Password” menu, you will find the two entry fields New and Verify. Fill up both the fields and choose a strong 8-digit password.
- Click on the change button that is given above to change your password.
By Following this you can change your Apple id’s password very easily and get your account back.
Via reset your password by using trusted recoveries
Well, this step gravely depends on you having backup recoveries for your Apple id. What are backup recoveries? They are simple trusted recovery tools that you can use to log in inside of your Apple id in case you forget your password. They can be anything from a trusted phone number, email, recovery key, or even a recovery contact.
You can use these trusted recoveries in some cases and get access to your phone by entering them. You can use them to very easily enter back in your Apple ID, you can use them when you enter while you are logging in and clicking on the forgot my password button.
This way you can also use them in your iPhone while using your recovery key to get all your data transferred into a new Apple device while entering your Apple id.
By Resetting your password using Apple’s iForgot Website.
In case you don’t have a Mac, there is a dedicated or not have a login to your Apple Id on any of your devices then you can use this method. Apple has a dedicated website for this situation called iForgot.com. It can help you to remotely change the password of your Apple Id. You can use this website to change the Apple id password using different techniques such as the above-mentioned backup recoveries and even some other unique features. Let us see the steps of how we can reset your Apple id password using Apple’s iForgot Website.
- Go to the browser of your PC. For example, Google Chrome.
- Open the browser and go to iForgot.com
- Enter your Apple Id in the block and hit the continue button.
- You will get a page to confirm your phone number that is connected with the Apple Id,
- You can see the last two digits of the phone number on your screen.
- Enter the phone number and click on the continue button.
- If you will get a notification with the guidelines to set up your password in your phone with the phone number you just entered. Click on ok and proceed with your iPhone to reset your password.
- In case you don’t have access to this number anymore then click on the button given in blue called “Unable to access this iPhone” to get more options.
- You will get some more options from which you can choose as per your preferences. Some of these options are:
- You can reset the password of your new iPhone from the sign-in screen.
- Also, you can use someone else’s iPhone to reset your password.
- Plus, you can physically go to an Apple Store near you and use an iPhone there to reset your Apple id password.
Upon following this technique, I can use Apple’s iForgot website to find my apple ID password.
How to reset your password from someone else’s iPhone?
It is not completely necessary to have your iPhone available for your resetting your Apple ID’s password. You can very easily use your Friend’s or Family’s iPhone to change your password. You will just need access to their iPhone. Suppose you do not get access to any iPhone, then you can visit an Apple Store and ask for a device there. In any case, this is how you can use different methods to change the password of your Apple Id using someone else’s iPhone:
By using the Apple Support App:
Take the iPhone from your Friend or Family member and open the App Store. Search for the Apple Support app and install it on their device. It is an app with a blue color icon and a white Apple logo in it. After you have installed the app follow the steps given below to reset your Apple Id password by using the Apple Support App:
- Open the Apple Support app.
- Find the “Password and security” tab and open it.
- Click on the “Reset Apple ID” tab.
- It will find the best options for you and give you a list of options. Click on the get started button given at the center of the menu.
- Choose a different Apple id and hit continue.
- Enter the Apple id that you need to change your password and hit next.
- Follow through with the instructions until I reach the “Reset your password” page, and find my apple ID password.
By using the Find my iPhone App:
Thus, if you cannot download an app on your friend’s or family member’s iPhone then don’t worry you can use the native Find my iPhone app which is already present in all iPhones to change your password. Follow the steps that are given below to reset your Apple Id password by using the Find my iPhone app:
- Open the Find my iPhone app.
- In the Sign-In screen, erase the field and make sure it is vacant.
- Click on the “Forgot Apple Id or password” button given below in blue.
- It will show you the list of options you can go through.
- Keep following the instructions until you reach the reset your password page.
- Reset the password and choose a strong 8-digit password.
Using these techniques, you can very easily change the password of your Apple Id using someone else’s iPhone
In the end, you need to make sure you have the password saved in a password manager or at least save a recovery key to not go through any of these issues ever again. Feel free to check the FAQs given below to find more solutions on how to find my apple ID password.
A recovery key is a backup recovery code that you can type in a website like iForgot.com to recover your password.
Yes, it is a key basic recovery, you can get the option to use at iFogot.com