If you are wondering how to access/view iCloud photos on all Apple devices, then we have got a solution. You can not only access the photos but also organize and share them on any device. The photos will be in a sorted manner. Cloud services are a great tool to increase your storage capacity by backing up our files and photos, we can store anything in them and can access it from anywhere in the world. This feature helps in managing the storage on our devices too. We just need to upload the photos, documents, and files into it using our Apple ID, and those are available across all the devices with the help of your Apple ID.
This article let us try to know, how to turn on the cloud services on the iPhone, view and access the photos, how to upload the photos and documents, how access iCloud photos on all Apple devices, and a few more as well.
Table of Content
- 1 How to access iCloud Photos and services on Apple devices
- 2 How to see the Photos on iCloud?
- 3 Why is my Photo quality decreased?
- 4 Accessing the recently deleted photos
How to access iCloud Photos and services on Apple devices
This method is similar to all Apple devices. You can follow the same instructions on iPhone, iPad, and MacBook too. This is the first step to start saving the pictures on the cloud, once enabled all the photos from your Photos app will be transferred to the iCloud.
Steps to start saving the pictures on iCloud:
- Go to the settings on your iPhone.
- Select your name, this is your Apple account, which is used to access things across all the devices.
- A list of options appears as soon as we click on our name, and click on the iCloud from the list.
- In the iCloud section, you can see all types of documents, files, and photos from all the devices that will be uploaded to the cloud.
- Now tap on the photos to check whether it is on or not.
- If it is on, leave it there since it has already started uploading your photos to the cloud. Switch it on by using the toggle to start uploading photos from the gallery.
If your iCloud photos option is turned on, then you are automatically uploading the photos to the cloud and they can be accessed from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. iCloud is the answer to the question of How to access iCloud photos on Apple devices.
The method to access and view them varies for every device. Let us see how to access them through every device.
How to access iCloud Photos on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
The process to access the photos is the same in the iPhone, iPad, and iPod. All these devices have an inbuilt photos app.
- Open the Phone and launch the Photos app.
- Tap the photos tab to see the photos.
- All the photos can be seen in a sorted way based on the date.
- If you want to make an album of specific photos or files on the cloud, just go to the Photos app and click on the album to create a new album.
- Select the picture from the gallery and move them to the new folder. It will appear as a new album.
iCloud is not just limited to photos, it has many more backup options like files, videos, and documents. We have a section where we can monitor what all data from the apps are getting into the cloud. In the iCloud section, you can see storage and backup options. Here we can see and monitor the data present on the cloud. This list will show the Apps and their files present on the cloud. You can either keep the access or remove them if you feel they are unwanted.
How to access iCloud Photos on Mac
Viewing the iCloud photos on the Mac is the same as on the iPhone.
There is one other thing you need to do for Mac.
- Click on the photos on top of the screen in the files.
- Tap on the preferences in the list.
- It will redirect you to a window, this window has two options in it.
- One is the local photos stored in the local memory and the other is iCloud.
- Click on iCloud and tick the column with the photos. This will show the photos present on the iCloud.
If you are using Apple devices and a question like How to access iCloud photos on Apple devices pops up, and you are unable to see them on Mac. This could be due to a less storage problem, since Apple provides only a certain GB of space for free, after that you need to buy premium services to keep backing up your data on the cloud.
How to access iCloud Photos on Windows?
You have an Apple product and a windows PC, you wish to see your photos on the Windows device which is a product of Microsoft. Though iCloud is not available on Windows, we can download the iCloud on Windows using Apple support. Let us see how to download iCloud on windows and access photos on it.
- Open a new browser and Visit Apple support.
- Search for iCloud for windows on Apple support.
- Download the software on your windows device.
- After installing, launch the iCloud software.
- After launching, login into the iCloud using your Apple ID and password.
- We can see all the photos and files uploaded on iCloud here.
How to Access iCloud Photos remotely
If you do not wish to download any other software on your device, you can easily access iCloud Photos online if you have a good internet connection. You can do this irrespective of the OS you are using be it android or IOS.
How to access iCloud Photos on IOS
- Go to www.iCloud.com and sign in using your Apple ID.
- After you are in your account, a website similar to iPhone appears with iCloud photos and others.
- Click on the iCloud Photos, it will redirect to the photos page.
- This page will show all your photos in the library.
How to access iCloud Photos on Android
- This process is a bot different from the IOS devices.
- Open a new tab on chrome and search www.iCloud.com, it prompts an error message.
- This is normal since we are trying to access the IOS platform, tap on more to see other options.
- In the options list, select the Desktop mode.
- This action results in the iCloud homepage, use your Apple ID and password to log in to your account.
- Tap on the photos icon to see the photos.
There will be some problems when you are trying to see the iCloud photos on Android since scrolling is limited on Android devices. The platform might not show all the photos, the number of photos displayed depends on the device you are using.
We constantly upload photos on iCloud and when we try to see them again the quality is worse or the photos are blurry. This is due to the iPhone storage Optimization tool. This is a space-saving tool to increase the storage capacity of your iPhone.
The Cloud needs huge space to keep on devices, so all the photos in the cloud will not be present on the device. So to tackle this issue, the IOS downloads less resolution or lower quality pictures to store them on the phone, but the original quality won’t change. This is the reason why they appear blurry when you are viewing them without an internet connection. SO if you are using an internet connection, the iPhone will download the original picture from the cloud and shows it, but the quality will still be the same.
This optimization tool only works if we enable it, if you wish to keep only high-resolution images you can turn off this space-saving tool on the iCloud settings. This is similar to turning on cloud services.
- Go to the settings on your iPhone.
- Click on your name in the settings.
- You will see cloud options in it, tap on it to see the cloud settings.
- In this, you can see two other options after you enable the iCloud photos.
- Optimize iPhone storage and Download and keep Originals.
- Tick the second option to keep the original photos on the phone.
We can view recently deleted photos and can recover them if needed using the cloud. This is a great feature and will help us if we mistakenly delete any important photo or document. But this feature is only useful if you want to recover photos that were deleted 30 days ago, after that they will be permanently deleted from the iCloud. Steps to view and recover the recently deleted photos.
- Open the Photos app on any device.
- Scroll down to the bottom to see the recently deleted section.
- This section contains documents and photos you have removed in the last 30 days.
- Select the image or document you want to recover and tap on recover on the top-left corner of the screen.
- These files will be moved back to the photo albums.
These are some of the ways you can view, access, and modify the photos and documents present on iCloud photos. If you find it useful share this with those who have the question How to access iCloud photos on Apple devices, hope it will solve their queries and help them too. I hope above methods is helpful to recover recently deleted with iCloud. If you want to learn How to clear iCloud storage then you can read the linked article