How to fix Gmail Error 102 | Gmail problem #102? Gmail was a venture begun by Google engineer Paul Buchheit, before the dispatch of Hotmail. While sending messages/emails to a person, we regularly get Gmail blunder on a PC screen known as Gmail Error 102. This error can be because of different errors or setting in your PC or mobile device, such as network problems, cache, and cookies, browser changes, etc. Various customers who use Gmail do not have any faintest idea of what to do to fix this problem. In contrast, the incidence of Gmail problem #102 is not something new as this takes place when you sign in through many accounts or typically while you go online in your Gmail account in Chrome. You also need to know how to remove gmail account from phone.
Let us realize the way to address this particular error:-
Table of Content
- 1 How to fix Gmail error 102?
- 1.1 Tip1: Update the current browser?
- 1.2 Tip 2: Utilize the other program
- 1.3 Tip 3: Clear every cache and cookies:
- 1.4 Tip 4: Disabling extensions of the browser
- 1.5 Tip 5: Disable any antiviruses or internet security present in your computer
- 1.6 Tip 6: Use the old version (basic) Gmail or HTML mode
- 1.7 Tip 7: Disabling Labs
- 1.8 Tip 8: Incognito Mode
- 2 Conclusion
How to fix Gmail error 102?
First of all, before fixing the error, you must make sure that you are obtaining a stable net speed. A slow internet association would not facilitate in fixing the problem. If you have recently upgraded to the newest version of Gmail and are currently experiencing blunder 102, try to login to your record to remove the error from your Gmail. At that point, this is what you can do –
Tip1: Update the current browser?
Update your current browser: If you are not able to redo Gmail, then you should ensure that the program you are utilizing to sign in to the Gmail account has updated to its most recent version. The incompatible browser will result in the error the message “Oops the system encountered a drag 102 error in Gmail.”
- Open Chrome.
- Tap on the More option at the right corner at the top.
- If an update is pending, the icon indicates it by using specific colors:
- 🟢Green is for an update that was released two days ago.
- 🟠Orange is for an update that was released four days ago.
- 🔴Red is for an update that was released a week ago.
If not, then follow these steps:-
- Open Chrome.
- Top right click on three dots “⋮”
- Click the “Help” option.
- Tap on the “About google chrome option.”
- Click Relaunch.
The program spares your present open tabs and windows and returns them precisely once it restarts.
Tip 2: Utilize the other program
Gmail Error Code 102 could be encouraged because of a program issue that you are utilizing to get to your Gmail account. You should log in to your Gmail account in some other browser and verify if an error has been fixed or not.
The most effective method to use any other browser program on the PC below win 8:-
- To begin tap on, “Start” option is provided on the left and at the bottom of your screen.
- Click the “All Programs” option.
- Tap “Internet Explorer” provided in the All Programs menu. Internet Explorer is the local Internet browser that includes all Windows computers. After you select “Internet Explorer,” your PC will massage this device so that you can start browsing the Internet.
For Windows 10->Click on start-> Search for Microsoft edge
If you have updated your browser but it still displays the same error message as “error 102”, then you probably need to log in to the Gmail account and uninstall all the cache and cookies from the net browser that you have in your PC. Here are several measures that will help you clear up the chrome cache and cookies.
These are the following measures that will help you to get rid of all cookies in your browser:-
Chrome: For Windows or Mac computer.
- Unlock the Chrome page on your device.
- You can see three dots in the upper right corner of the browser that represent the menu settings.
- Roll down to the bottom of the list, then click “Advanced.”
- Pick the “privacy and security” option present on that page.
- Under the section “All cookies and website info,” you can configure cookies for deletion at various times and alternative options.
- Finally, you can complete the deletion by clicking on the “Clear Info” tab.
Chrome: For Android device
- Open the Chrome app on your Android mobile phone.
- Click “More” or what appears as 3 dots to the correct address bar, and then pick “Settings. “
- Tap the “Privacy.”
- Then choose “Simple Browsing Info.”
- Here, you will be able to adjust your alternatives to erase cookies by selecting a specific time range.
- Once you have made your choices, you can check the ‘Cookies and website info.’
Chrome: For iOS device
- On your device, open the Chrome app.
- At the highest right corner, click on the 3 dots, and then scroll down to choose “Settings.”
- Click on Settings and then select the “Privacy” button
- then “Clear browsing data.”
- Then select “Done.”
Firefox: For Windows or Mac PC:
In the right-hand corner at the top of the program, click the “menu bars,” which seem like three equal lines, click on options and snap on the “Protection/ Privacy & Setting” tab. Select “Clear your recent history” option provided on the page.
Be sure that “Cookies” is checked, after which choose the timeframe that you would desire to delete your cookies. Better to check mark delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed.
Countercheck your alternatives and then hit “Clear now.”
Firefox: For Firefox on your Android devices
- Select the menu icon (three bars) placed at the highest right corner. On more established or antique Android gadgets, you’ll press the equipment menu key and afterwards select “More.”
- On the settings menu, explore for “Privacy & Security” and choose “Clear personal data.”
- You would then be able to be taken to a stock of what will be cleared any place you’ll have the option to choose “Cookies and active logins.”
- After you have got created your selection, select the “Clear data” button to end deleting cookies.
Firefox: For Firefox on your iOS device
- Open Firefox.
- Click on the “menu bars,” that seem like three equal lines inside the lower right-hand corner of the program window.
- Tap on the “Settings” option.
- Roll down to the right “Privacy” option.
- Likewise, Tap on “Clear private data” option.
- Make sure that only “Cookies” are picked, then tap “Simple Private Info.”
- This will help you clear the browser’s cache, user history, and cookies.
Tip 4: Disabling extensions of the browser
Disable the add-ons and extension from the online browser can help you to fix the error. Try to reload the page and then log in to your Gmail account. Inspect if the problem still exists.
These are the steps used to disable the extension of the browser:-
- Open your Browser
- Next, Go for the “Menu” option.
- After that, select “More Tools” from the list.
- Disable the extensions from the browser.
Tip 5: Disable any antiviruses or internet security present in your computer
The net security or antivirus present in your PC, have a major role in displaying error 102 in Gmail. You should make sure to temporarily disable the antivirus for a short while to figure out if it’s obstructed with Gmail or not.
Tip 6: Use the old version (basic) Gmail or HTML mode
It would be best if you transferred to the simple model of Gmail in any browser. This is the lighter version of Gmail that is specially designed for slow web connections and also for alternative property issues. There is a distant chance of experiencing any difficulty in the HTML mode. This mode is mobile as well as computer friendly. You can use this method on the computer and also on mobiles to get rid of the error. Now, you won’t encounter error 102 within the hypertext mark up language version of Gmail.
Tip 7: Disabling Labs
Error 102 in Gmail also can be faced by the user once they have enabled Labs in their Gmail Account. If you have labs flipped on in your Gmail, you should endeavor to turn them off and check whether your downside gets tackled. Ensure that you save changes once disabling Labs; otherwise, you might need to travel through the whole method another time.
How to disable labs?
These are the steps which will help you to disable the labs in your laptop.
- Click the Google Admin Console.
- Further, Select Apps.
- Click Google Apps.
- Select Gmail.
- Scroll till you see Labs. Click to expand.
- To change or disable labs, you want to choose Advanced Labs Management initially.
- A new menu can expand wherever you’ll be able to select that Labs you would like to Enable, Disable, or Allow.
Tip 8: Incognito Mode
Incognito mode is personal browsing that deletes your cookies or previous data. It will erase temporary information captured by the laptop or device you are using. Thus, you can even endeavor in the private (incognito) mode in your program and check whether it functions admirably for Gmail blunder 102. Steps to open incognito mode:-
- Open google chrome.
- Press 3 dots present on the right corner of the page.
- Select the option “Incognito window.”
Simply press ctrl + shift + N.
In conclusion, Gossipfunda hopes that these methods will help you to get rid of the Gmail error 102. If you still facing the error then provide comment below or if you have solve the Gmail Problem #102 with different method, then plz do mention that one to help others.