BGMI (Battlegrounds Mobile India) is a popular battle royale game enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. However, like any software, it may encounter errors and issues that can disrupt your gaming experience. One such error is “Unknown Error Code 1” in BGMI, which can be frustrating to encounter. In this article, we will explore the possible reasons behind this error and provide you with step-by-step solutions to fix it.
Understanding BGMI Unknown Error Code 1
BGMI Unknown Error Code 1 is a generic error message that players often encounter while playing the game. It signifies that an unexpected issue has occurred, but the exact cause may vary. The error can manifest in different ways, such as sudden game crashes, freezing, or the inability to launch the game altogether. To resolve this error, we need to identify the underlying factors that may trigger it.
Reasons Behind BGMI Unknown Error Code 1
- Corrupted Game Files: One common reason for encountering Unknown Error Code 1 in BGMI is the presence of corrupted or damaged game files. These files can result from incomplete downloads, interrupted installations, or system issues.
- Outdated Game Version: Running an outdated version of BGMI can lead to compatibility issues and trigger the Unknown Error Code 1. It is crucial to keep the game updated to benefit from bug fixes and optimizations.
- Insufficient System Resources: BGMI is a resource-intensive game, and if your device does not meet the minimum system requirements or lacks sufficient RAM or storage space, it can result in the Unknown Error Code 1.
- Conflicting Applications or Background Processes: Certain applications or background processes running alongside BGMI can conflict with the game, causing unexpected errors. These conflicts may stem from antivirus software, system optimization tools, or other games running simultaneously.
How to Fix BGMI Unknown Error Code 1?
Now that we understand the potential reasons behind the Unknown Error Code 1 in BGMI, let’s delve into the step-by-step solutions to resolve it.
Fix 1: Restart and Update BGMI
- Step 1: Close BGMI and Background Processes: To begin resolving the BGMI Unknown Error Code 1, exit the BGMI game completely and ensure that there are no related processes running in the background. Open the task manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc on Windows and terminate any BGMI or related processes.
- Step 2: Restart Your Device: Restarting your device helps clear temporary glitches and refresh system resources. Go to the Start menu, click on the Power icon, and select “Restart” from the options. Allow your device to restart completely.
- Step 3: Check for Game Updates: Launch BGMI and navigate to the game’s settings menu. Look for an option that allows you to check for updates. Click on it to initiate the update process.
- Step 4: Install the Latest Version: If an update is available, download and install it. Ensure you have a stable internet connection to avoid interruptions during the update process. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Step 5: Relaunch BGMI: After the update is installed, relaunch BGMI and check if the Unknown Error Code 1 still persists. In most cases, updating the game resolves compatibility issues and fixes unexpected errors.
By following these steps, you can restart BGMI, update it to the latest version, and potentially resolve the Unknown Error Code 1. If the error persists, proceed to the next fix for further troubleshooting.
Note: Regularly checking for game updates is recommended to ensure you are running the latest version. Updates often include bug fixes and optimizations that improve game performance and stability.
Fix 2: Verify and Repair Game Files
- Step 1: Open the Game Launcher or Client: Open the game launcher or client through which you access BGMI on your device. This could be a dedicated launcher or a platform like Steam.
- Step 2: Locate the Settings or Options Menu: Within the game launcher or client, locate the settings or options menu. It is usually represented by a gear or cogwheel icon.
- Step 3: Find the Verify or Repair Game Files Option: In the settings or options menu, look for an option that allows you to verify or repair game files. This option is typically available to troubleshoot and fix any corrupted or damaged files.
- Step 4: Initiate the Verification and Repair Process: Click on the verify or repair game files option to start the process. The launcher or client will scan the game files and compare them against a known good version to identify any discrepancies.
- Step 5: Follow the On-Screen Prompts: Follow the on-screen prompts that appear during the verification and repair process. The launcher or client will automatically detect and repair any corrupted or damaged files it encounters.
- Step 6: Wait for the Process to Complete: Allow the verification and repair process to complete. This may take some time, depending on the size of the game and the speed of your device.
- Step 7: Relaunch BGMI: Once the process is finished, close the game launcher or client and relaunch BGMI. Check if the Unknown Error Code 1 still persists. In many cases, verifying and repairing game files can fix issues related to corrupted files.
By following these steps, you can verify and repair the game files of BGMI, which may resolve the Unknown Error Code 1. If the error persists, continue to the next fix for further troubleshooting.
Fix 3: Free Up System Resources
- Step 1: Close Unnecessary Applications: To free up system resources, close any unnecessary applications running in the background. Right-click on the taskbar and select “Task Manager” from the menu. In the Processes or Details tab, identify applications that are not essential and consuming significant resources. Right-click on those applications and choose “End Task” to close them.
- Step 2: Disable Resource-Intensive Software: Disable resource-intensive software temporarily to ensure optimal performance while playing BGMI. This includes antivirus software, system optimization tools, or any other programs that heavily utilize system resources. Refer to the software’s documentation or settings to temporarily disable them.
- Step 3: Check Storage Space: Verify that you have sufficient free storage space on your device. Insufficient storage can impact the game’s performance and trigger errors like Unknown Error Code 1. Delete unnecessary files or move them to an external storage device to free up space.
- Step 4: Restart Your Device: Perform a restart of your device to refresh system resources and clear any temporary issues that might be affecting BGMI. Restarting your device can help improve overall system performance.
- Step 5: Launch BGMI: After completing the above steps, launch BGMI and check if the Unknown Error Code 1 still occurs. By freeing up system resources, you provide a better environment for the game to run smoothly.
By following these steps, you can free up system resources and potentially resolve the BGMI Unknown Error Code 1. If the error persists, proceed to the next fix for further troubleshooting.
Fix 4: Disable Conflicting Applications
- Step 1: Identify Conflicting Applications: Identify any applications on your device that may conflict with BGMI and potentially trigger the Unknown Error Code 1. These conflicts can arise from antivirus software, system optimization tools, or other games running simultaneously.
- Step 2: Temporarily Disable Antivirus Software: Temporarily disable your antivirus software while playing BGMI. Antivirus programs sometimes interfere with the game’s operations, leading to errors. Refer to your antivirus software’s documentation or settings to temporarily disable it. Remember to re-enable it after finishing your gaming session.
- Step 3: Check for Compatibility Issues: Check for compatibility issues between BGMI and other games or software installed on your device. Certain applications or drivers may conflict with BGMI’s operation, resulting in the Unknown Error Code 1. Visit the official BGMI website or forums to check for any known compatibility issues and recommended solutions.
- Step 4: Close Unnecessary Background Processes: Close any unnecessary background processes that might be consuming system resources. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the task manager and navigate to the Processes or Details tab. Identify processes that are not essential and may be affecting BGMI’s performance. Right-click on those processes and select “End Task” to close them.
- Step 5: Launch BGMI: After disabling conflicting applications and closing unnecessary background processes, launch BGMI and check if the Unknown Error Code 1 still persists. By eliminating potential conflicts, you create a smoother environment for the game to run.
By following these steps, you can disable conflicting applications and potentially resolve the BGMI Unknown Error Code 1. If the error persists, consider reaching out to the game’s official support channels for further assistance.
Fix 5: Update Device Drivers
- Step 1: Identify Outdated Device Drivers: Outdated or incompatible device drivers can cause conflicts and trigger errors like the Unknown Error Code 1 in BGMI. Identify the drivers that may need updating, such as graphics card drivers, sound card drivers, or network drivers.
- Step 2: Visit Manufacturer’s Website: Visit the official website of your device’s manufacturer or the specific component manufacturer. Look for the “Support” or “Downloads” section where you can find the latest drivers for your device.
- Step 3: Download and Install Updated Drivers: Search for the appropriate drivers for your device model and operating system. Download the latest versions of the drivers from the manufacturer’s website. Follow the provided instructions or run the downloaded executable file to install the drivers.
- Step 4: Restart Your Device: After installing the updated drivers, restart your device to ensure the changes take effect. Restarting will also help refresh system resources and eliminate any potential driver-related issues.
- Step 5: Launch BGMI: Once your device has restarted, launch BGMI and check if the Unknown Error Code 1 still persists. Updated drivers can enhance compatibility and stability, potentially resolving the error.
By following these steps, you can update your device drivers and potentially resolve the BGMI Unknown Error Code 1. If the error persists, try the next fix for further troubleshooting.
Read more: Call of duty dev error 11642
Fix 6: Reinstall BGMI
- Step 1: Uninstall BGMI: If the previous fixes haven’t resolved the Unknown Error Code 1, consider reinstalling BGMI to start with a fresh installation. To uninstall BGMI, go to the Control Panel on your Windows device or the Applications folder on macOS. Locate BGMI in the list of installed programs and select the option to uninstall it.
- Step 2: Download the Latest Version of BGMI: Visit the official BGMI website or the platform from which you initially installed the game. Download the latest version of BGMI suitable for your device.
- Step 3: Install BGMI: Once the download is complete, run the installation file and follow the on-screen instructions to install BGMI on your device. Make sure to carefully review and accept any prompts or agreements during the installation process.
- Step 4: Launch BGMI and Test: After installing BGMI, launch the game and check if the Unknown Error Code 1 still occurs. Reinstalling the game can fix any corrupted files or configuration issues that may have been causing the error.
By following these steps, you can reinstall BGMI and potentially resolve the Unknown Error Code 1. If the error persists even after reinstalling, consider seeking assistance from the game’s official support channels.
Fix 7: Check Network Connection and Firewall Settings
- Step 1: Check Network Connection: Ensure that your network connection is stable and reliable. If you’re using Wi-Fi, try switching to a wired connection to rule out any potential issues with your wireless network. You can also restart your router to refresh the connection.
- Step 2: Disable Firewall Temporarily: Firewall settings can sometimes interfere with the proper functioning of BGMI, leading to the Unknown Error Code 1. Temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus software to check if they are causing the issue. Refer to your firewall’s documentation for instructions on how to disable it temporarily.
- Step 3: Add BGMI as an Exception in Firewall: If disabling the firewall resolves the error, add BGMI as an exception to your firewall settings. This ensures that the game can communicate freely over the network. Refer to your firewall’s documentation for instructions on how to add exceptions.
- Step 4: Reset Firewall Settings: If adding BGMI as an exception doesn’t work, try resetting your firewall settings to the default configuration. This eliminates any potential conflicts or misconfigurations that might be causing the Unknown Error Code 1.
- Step 5: Test the Game: After adjusting your network and firewall settings, relaunch BGMI and check if the Unknown Error Code 1 still occurs. If the error persists, consider reaching out to BGMI support for further assistance.
By checking your network connection and adjusting firewall settings, you can troubleshoot network-related issues that may be causing the Unknown Error Code 1. Remember to re-enable your firewall and antivirus software after testing to ensure the security of your device.
Fix 8: Update Operating System
- Step 1: Check for OS Updates: Ensure that your operating system (OS) is up to date. Check for any available updates by going to the “Settings” or “System Preferences” on your device. Look for the “Updates” or “Software Update” section.
- Step 2: Install OS Updates: If there are any pending updates, download and install them on your device. This process may take some time depending on the size of the update. Make sure you have a stable internet connection to avoid interruptions during the update.
- Step 3: Restart Your Device: After installing the OS updates, restart your device. Restarting allows the updates to take effect and ensures that any underlying issues related to the OS are resolved.
- Step 4: Launch BGMI and Test: Once your device has restarted, launch BGMI and check if the Unknown Error Code 1 still persists. Updating your operating system can address compatibility issues and provide bug fixes that may help resolve the error.
By updating your operating system, you ensure that your device is running the latest software version with improved stability and compatibility. If the error continues to occur, consider seeking further assistance from BGMI support.
Fix 9: Contact BGMI Support
- Step 1: Gather Information: Before reaching out to BGMI support, gather relevant information about the Unknown Error Code 1. Take note of any specific error messages, the frequency of occurrence, and any troubleshooting steps you have already tried.
- Step 2: Visit the BGMI Support Website: Visit the official BGMI support website or forum. Look for a dedicated section where you can seek assistance or contact the support team directly. Often, there are FAQs, troubleshooting guides, or community forums where you may find answers or solutions.
- Step 3: Submit a Support Ticket or Contact Support: If you cannot find a solution through the available resources, submit a support ticket or contact BGMI support directly. Fill out the support ticket form with accurate information regarding the Unknown Error Code 1 and the steps you have taken to resolve it. Provide any relevant screenshots or error logs if requested.
- Step 4: Follow Instructions from Support: Once you have contacted BGMI support, they will analyze your issue and provide you with further instructions. Follow their guidance and perform any additional troubleshooting steps they recommend.
- Step 5: Stay Patient and Communicate: While waiting for a response from BGMI support, stay patient and be ready to communicate with them promptly. They may require additional information or provide further troubleshooting steps to help resolve the Unknown Error Code 1.
By reaching out to BGMI support, you can receive personalized assistance and guidance tailored to your specific situation. They are best equipped to address any technical issues you encounter, including the Unknown Error Code 1.
Note: It is advisable to provide as much detail as possible when contacting support, as this can help expedite the troubleshooting process
Preventing BGMI Unknown Error Code 1: Tips for a Smooth Gaming Experience
To minimize the chances of encountering the Unknown Error Code 1 in BGMI, follow these preventive tips:
1. Keep the Game and Device Updated
Regularly update BGMI to the latest version to benefit from bug fixes, performance enhancements, and improved stability. Additionally, ensure that your device’s operating system, drivers, and firmware are up to date to maintain compatibility with the game.
2. Maintain Sufficient System Resources
Ensure that your device meets the minimum system requirements for BGMI. Have ample free storage space and consider upgrading your device’s RAM if necessary. Closing unnecessary background applications and disabling resource-intensive software during gameplay can also help free up system resources.
3. Avoid Conflicting Applications
Be mindful of applications that can conflict with BGMI. Before launching the game, temporarily disable antivirus software, system optimization tools, or any other programs that may interfere with its operation. Additionally, check for compatibility issues between BGMI and other software or games installed on your device.
4. Maintain a Stable Network Connection
A stable and reliable network connection is crucial for smooth gameplay. Use a wired connection whenever possible for a more stable connection. Regularly check your network settings and router for any issues, and consider resetting your router if you encounter network-related problems.
5. Enable Firewall and Antivirus Protection
While conflicts can occur, it is essential to maintain a secure gaming environment. Keep your firewall and antivirus software enabled, but make sure to add BGMI as an exception in the firewall settings to allow uninterrupted communication between the game and the network.
6. Practice Proper Game Closure
When exiting BGMI, make sure to close the game properly rather than abruptly terminating it. This allows the game to save any necessary data and perform necessary cleanup, reducing the likelihood of encountering errors upon the next launch.
By following these preventive tips, you can reduce the chances of encountering the BGMI Unknown Error Code 1 and enjoy a smoother and more enjoyable gaming experience.
Encountering the BGMI Unknown Error Code 1 can be frustrating, but by following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this article, you can overcome it. By restarting and updating BGMI, verifying and repairing game files, freeing up system resources, disabling conflicting applications, updating device drivers, checking network and firewall settings, contacting BGMI support if needed, and implementing preventive measures, you can enhance your gaming experience and minimize the chances of encountering this error.
Stay proactive, keep your game and device updated, maintain system resources, ensure a stable network connection, and follow proper game closure practices. By doing so, you can enjoy uninterrupted gameplay in BGMI. Happy gaming!
BGMI Unknown Error Code 1 is a generic error message indicating an unexpected issue in the game.
The error can occur due to reasons such as corrupted game files, outdated version, insufficient resources, or conflicting applications.
You can try solutions like restarting and updating BGMI, verifying and repairing game files, freeing up system resources, disabling conflicting applications, updating device drivers, checking network and firewall settings, and contacting BGMI support if needed.
Yes, updating your operating system can help resolve compatibility issues and improve stability.
Maintain up-to-date game and device software, ensure sufficient system resources, avoid conflicting applications, maintain a stable network connection, enable firewall and antivirus protection, and follow proper game closure practices.
If the error continues, consider reaching out to BGMI support for personalized assistance.
Yes, preventive measures include updating software, maintaining system resources, avoiding conflicts, and practicing proper game closure.
While these solutions can help minimize the error, it is not guaranteed to eliminate all possible issues.
Yes, server-related issues can also contribute to the Unknown Error Code 1. In such cases, it’s best to wait for the developers to resolve the server problems.